Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am an atheist trying to not get removed from this forum.

Where can I post? I saw that some areas were for Christians only.

If it does not have "Christians Only" in parenthesis, I can post there?
I respect your wish to abide by rules, but am curious to ask: as a non Christian, why are you here? Just curious?

Upvote 0

MrLutrinae

Mar 27, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
✟8,009.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I respect your wish to abide by rules, but am curious to ask: as a non Christian, why are you here? Just curious?

That is a good question.

On the atheist forums, we ask that of Christians. Their answer is that they want to experience a new environment.

I suppose that is true for me as well. I am not here to convert anyone, and I hope that no one will do that while I am here.

My purpose here is to expand as a human being. There is no reason I should close myself off from others due to the differences in beliefs we have.

Upvote 0

JD16

What Would Evolution Do?
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2017
Melbourne
✟64,888.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am not here to convert anyone, and I hope that no one will do that while I am here.

Some will try, its only natural for them to do so, just remember its out of concern that they attempt.....if you are not interested, just tell them politely why

Reactions: MrLutrinae
Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That is a good question.

On the atheist forums, we ask that of Christians. Their answer is that they want to experience a new environment.

I suppose that is true for me as well. I am not here to convert anyone, and I hope that no one will do that while I am here.

My purpose here is to expand as a human being. There is no reason I should close myself off from others due to the differences in beliefs we have.

Interesting.

Reason why I asked is many join in because they find a topic they want to participate in, or feel they have a contribution to make - the alternative of finding forums someone is allowed to participate in, just seemed a bit back to front.

I as ex scientist for example sometimes join in atheist forums when I see science put on a pedestal , it does not claim for itself and certainly does not earn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

OK, sounds fair.
Lets see what happens with the moderators...Maybe they'll delete my post, move this thread...who knows, But, seeing as you want to expand your mind as a human being...let me open up a line of thought....Where did the stuff from the Big Bang come from? As a Christian I say it was created by God.(actually I believe there was no such thing as the BB. I'm kinda looking in this direction.) As an atheist I would think..could be wrong...but I would think you believe, have faith in, the stuff of our galaxies...universe...self created. Am I close or way out in right field?

Upvote 0

MrLutrinae

Mar 27, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
✟8,009.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
OK, sounds fair.
Lets see what happens with the moderators...Maybe they'll delete my post, move this thread...who knows, But, seeing as you want to expand your mind as a human being...let me open up a line of thought....Where did the stuff from the Big Bang come from? As a Christian I say it was created by God.(actually I believe there was no such thing as the BB. I'm kinda looking in this direction.) As an atheist I would think..could be wrong...but I would think you believe, have faith in, the stuff of our galaxies...universe...self created. Am I close or way out in right field?

I suggest it remain here unless the mods want it elsewhere as you too were thinking.

After all, I personally have no qualms regarding you asking such questions here to me.

As an atheist, I take the route of knowing what is currently available to us so far as evidence is concerned. Science, historically, has been accurately proving religion wrong since Galileo.

Maybe science does not have the precise answer to all of our questions, but science seeks to find those answers instead of simply resorting to an easily acceptable one in the form of popular Christian thinking.

I can admit when I am wrong. When actual evidence of the divine is provided, I will have no qualms in stating that god is real.

As it stands, however, religion favors a readily comfortable gap of knowledge in the form of something that honestly resembles Santa Claus.

Reactions: JD16
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I suggest it remain here unless the mods want it elsewhere as you too were thinking.

After all, I personally have no qualms regarding you asking such questions here to me.

As an atheist, I take the route of knowing what is currently available to us so far as evidence is concerned. Science, historically, has been accurately proving religion wrong since Galileo.

Maybe science does not have the precise answer to all of our questions, but science seeks to find those answers instead of simply resorting to an easily acceptable one in the form of popular Christian thinking.

I can admit when I am wrong. When actual evidence of the divine is provided, I will have no qualms in stating that god is real.

As it stands, however, religion favors a readily comfortable gap of knowledge in the form of something that honestly resembles Santa Claus.

I see from your post you'll have a lot of I don't knows...science will eventually fill it in, but science has a strange way of working. For instance soft dinosaur tissue found in fossils tends to allow us to think they're not as old as previously claimed.

Just for the record concerning science since Galileo, the scientist of that time believed the sun went around the earth...not just the religious folk.

Upvote 0

JD16

What Would Evolution Do?
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2017
Melbourne
✟64,888.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I see from your post you'll have a lot of I don't knows...science will eventually fill it in, but science has a strange way of working. For instance soft dinosaur tissue found in fossils tends to allow us to think they're not as old as previously claimed.

Just for the record concerning science since Galileo, the scientist of that time believed the sun went around the earth...not just the religious folk.

MrLutrinae has left the building ;)

Upvote 0