✟476,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Carl, what does this mean?

This is going to sound bizarre and is probably totally unrelated, but in the British Falkland Islands Accents of English, which is fairly similar to the Kiwi Accent and some of the less extreme Aussie accents, I was surprised to find that what elsewhere in the Commonwealth would be formally called teatime, is in fact called a “smoko.”

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
You are aware the OP was made in jest, as a satire, right?
YES. I agree with The Liturgist.

The way I read the OP is not that 99.9999% of Christians aren't saved but that the OP is fed up of such claims being made. Reading this thread is like reading about people debating a point on which they actually agree. :D

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
YES. I agree with The Liturgist.

The way I read the OP is not that 99.9999% of Christians aren't saved but that the OP is fed up of such claims being made. Reading this thread is like reading about people debating a point on which they actually agree. :D

Indeed. It reminds me of a time I attended a legislative session on an uncontroversial bill in my youth for middle school political science (social studies I think is what they called it). The debate was boring but the parliamentary process in the state legislature and seeing the assembly and the senate in the beautiful California State Capitol, which had recently reopened following a massive refurbishment due to seismic issues, was thrilling and engendered a lifelong interest in legislatures, parliaments and parliamentary procedure. I once asked my bemused parents for a copy of Roberts Rules of Order, and I managed to obtain a well worn gavel, which after the handle fell off I was thrilled to discover I could continue to use, because the ivory gavels used in the United States Senate don’t have handles either.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0