• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

99.9999% of Christian's aren't saved

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by friend of, Dec 5, 2021.

1. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,077
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Can I get an Amen?!

(Is anyone tired of reading posts like this?)

(Satire)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. pescador

pescador Newbie Supporter

+4,360
    Christian
    Married
    Yes. Why are you posting this???

3. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,945
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    Well, such a percentage would seem to be a wee bit much. However, based upon several statements made by Jesus, the percentage of Christians not saved might well be over 50%. I refer specifically to the warning in Matthew when Jesus emphasized the need to feed the hungry and clothe the naked. Many Christians, especially fairly well off Christians in North America, do little to help the less fortunate. It could be that they will be in for a sad awakening when they stand before God and He pronounces sentence.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+6,125
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Now now. They do appreciate their charitable tax breaks accordingly.

5. Trusting in Him

Trusting in Him Active Member

+202
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    How do you know this? I think that only God is able to know things like this!

6. friend of

+3,077
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    To make a point.

7. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,320
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    What point? That the most judgemental of all call themselves Christian?

I rather agree with that... Lol... It is a bit egocentric to determine the only people that will be saved are yourself and a few of your closest friends...

8. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,430
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Romans 10:13
    for “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Thieves on crosses included)

9. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,945
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    True, very true. Only God knows who will and who will not be saved.

10. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+4,863
    Christian
    Tough crowd...

11. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+2,802
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    -​
    If a person has trusted in The Messiah for God's free gift of Eternal Life, they have as many call it salvation. And salvation that they will never lose.

It does not matter what humanity judges a person on their lives or actions. It is not what you are doing but who you have trusted in.

So that may be 1% saved or 5% saved or 25% saved or 80% saved. But The Bible seems to indicated few find it.

God has made receiving His free gift of Eternal Life simple. satan along with mans help has made it deceptive and difficult.

The reason for this verse from John 6 many people have to weed (labor) out the many false salvation ways before they find the free and true way, faith in The Messiah.

Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  12. friend of

+3,077
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Yes kinda. Some Christians are quick to shut the door of salvation in the face of quite a few fellow believers. It's kinda pharaseeical. Misplaced, exaggerated zeal, that is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. timothyu

+6,125
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Matthew 23: 13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+6,743
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    All Christians will be saved - period.

The issue is - who are they ?

15. timothyu

+6,125
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    As an example... A bunch of captured rocket scientists after WWII who were personally responsible for the deaths of 50,000 Londoners and knew it, celebrated mass while in captivity and many partook in the eucharist just as they had done while working for the war effort in Germany. What are their odds? What are the odds for those on this side who were involved in similar ventures? What are the odds for any human that puts the will of man ahead of the will of God?

16. fhansen

fhansen Oldbie

+2,492
    Catholic
    Married
    From what I've gathered on this forum, those who know they're saved are definitely saved. Except for those who may be wrong.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. timothyu

+6,125
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I don't know my outcome, but the point is I will be happy to accept the will of God either way. It's about Him, not us.

18. Danthemailman

Danthemailman Well-Known Member

+2,265
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    There are genuine Christians and there are “nominal/pseudo” Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers.

19. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+4,863
    Christian
    I don't see many "make-believe" Christians to be honest... Usually those who want to create an image opt for something glamorous like Buddhism, or - I don't know, numerology, or some LSD-derived cult.

Christianity seems to have a sort of gritty/working class image. It's not something you get into unless you're genuinely feeling it. At least from what I've seen.

20. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,320
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I see it two ways, there will be more saved than some believe, but fewer than what others do...

In other words, the extremes on both sides are wrong.