Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And, just to be really honest, I'm not sure a marriage before the 5 year mark is representative/realistic? I consider them "newlyweds". Things sizzled and there were not the same issues then.... eg I don't hear in those posts about a passel of children needing baths and getting up at 10,2, 4, and 6 to nurse, etc.

I wouldn't rule out all marriages under the 5 year mark. I went into my first marriage with a young stepchild, so I became an instant family unit. We had our first child together within the first year of marriage and our second child together 3 years later. While there was plenty of sexual intimacy being had, there were plenty of issues. That's all I will say about that on the public forum.

In my second marriage, I went into it having 2 young children. We added another child within the first year and are expecting number 4. I haven't had a good night's sleep in at least 2 years. :p Hubby had a disabling back injury that resulted in disc replacement/spinal fusion and about 6 months of recovery last November.

Reality with regards to time, energy, etc. for being intimate is no stranger to us. But, it hasn't led either of us in the direction of divorce as you fear it might for "young couples". IMO, the challenges and hardships that any couple faces - whether married 1 year or 20 - either makes them draw closer together and stronger as a couple or it tears them apart and destroys the marriage. It is the strength of each individual spouse that determines which of those two things will happen.

Then again, I am a firm believer in quality over quantity. So, if I have to choose between quality and frequency of our encounters, I would always choose the former and not the latter. But, if frequency was important to my husband I would definitely take that into account and do my best to meet his needs, as my needs are his priority, too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.