80,000 Russian troops staged at Ukraine - what now, Obama?

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Then why bring up Bush? Why not bring up, say, Carter and ask why he didn't stop the Soviets from invading Afghanistan?

Why bring up Bush?

Regardless of the thought of bringing up Bush, nobody claimed that another must be a Bush supporter. That was your claim.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
We need the troops or we need to declair war?

Sorry, what I meant to say is we do have the troops.

What Jeff is doing is just reaction because he opposes Obama at ever turn.
Russia/Ukraine despite the blustering of Obama opponents in congress and on twitter, the only recourse just like the rest of the nations are doing are economic ones. The same reason why Russian needs a friendly Ukraine and why they what to put the deposed crook back in office.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you have a point, then make it. After you've made the point, I will comment on your point.

Just want to know why you think Bush is brought up. To me, it looks like a reflex. "But.......Boooooosh.......!

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Just want to know why you think Bush is brought up. To me, it looks like a reflex. "But.......Boooooosh.......!

I know why Bush was brought up, and it wasn't to say that the OP must have supported Bush, like you claimed. Bush was brought up to say that nobody considered him weak when Russia invaded Georgia on Bush's watch. Yet here we are with Obama's critics claiming a perceived Obama weakness has somehow emboldened Russia to invade other countries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I suggest we call this phenomenon Schroedingers Politics:

As long as the president does not act, all possible courses of action are at the same time wrong and right. Only when Obama does decide does his action become the wrong choice and the opposite choice the right one.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I suggest we call this phenomenon Schroedingers Politics:

As long as the president does not act, all possible courses of action are at the same time wrong and right. Only when Obama does decide does his action become the wrong choice and the opposite choice the right one.

That...that...that is absolutely beautiful. I'm going to stitch it on a throw pillow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

MikeCarra

Are you suggesting we go to war with Russia over Crimea?

Remember: if there's any way to BLAME OBAMA it will be pursued by the Right.

In the case of Crimea and Ukraine the Right feels that Putin is a superior leader to Obama. If Obama had been more of an "imperial president" they'd be happier.

Oh, wait, no, Obama is a dictator which means Putin must be a great egalitarian freedom-loving leader...

But wait...wait...Putin is a brutal...

oh wait...I forgot....

OBAMA BAD. Even it means making Putin into some bizarre picture of virtue to achieve this.

Obama bad.

Baaaaaaaaad.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Remember: if there's any way to BLAME OBAMA it will be pursued by the Right.

In the case of Crimea and Ukraine the Right feels that Putin is a superior leader to Obama. If Obama had been more of an "imperial president" they'd be happier.

Oh, wait, no, Obama is a dictator which means Putin must be a great egalitarian freedom-loving leader...

But wait...wait...Putin is a brutal...

oh wait...I forgot....

OBAMA BAD. Even it means making Putin into some bizarre picture of virtue to achieve this.

Obama bad.

Baaaaaaaaad.

You'll find a diversity of opinion among Conservatives over this issue.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You'll find a diversity of opinion among Conservatives over this issue.

Yes, they have found a lot of different ways to tell us why Obama is wrong while mainly agreeing with him.

It would just FEEL better I suppose with a republican at the helm when Russia makes aggressive moves.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, they have found a lot of different ways to tell us why Obama is wrong while mainly agreeing with him.

It would just FEEL better I suppose with a republican at the helm when Russia makes aggressive moves.

Its a complicated issue. If you want easy answers and rhetoric just watch Sesame Street or something.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Its a complicated issue. If you want easy answers and rhetoric just watch Sesame Street or something.

There is nothing particularly complicated or deep about the republicans that are trying to make political hay over the Ukraine issue.

Nuanced foreign policy disagreements are not what were seeing here.

The republican party instead decided to hold up the aid to Ukraine in order to shove 501c4 protections in it.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...al-aid-package-stalled-in-congress/?hpt=hp_c2

Upvote 0