• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

8 shot dead and several gunshot injuries at Fed-Ex facilities

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Handmaid for Jesus, Apr 16, 2021.

1. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+10,101
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Thanks...old chap. ;)

2. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+3,893
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    A lot of single homes have parents with a boyfriend or girlfriends. And the other parent living some where else. One of my nephews have this. The father see's him every other week. School activities. And when the dad wants to go hiking or family outings. The mom's flexible. With that being said. More family time on the mom side, would be better ,that him being occupied, by his entertainment. Back in the 50 /60's Women would get pregnant , than get married. Then find someone else. Remarried ,And step dad would become father. There was less entertainment. And kids would be trying to stay away from abusive step parents. I think a lot of the problem is TV/Videos are the baby sitters.

3. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+4,684
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    Police have released a photo of the shooter.

[​IMG]

OB

4. OldWiseGuy

+10,101
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    This photo says a lot.

5. Jimmy D

Jimmy D Well-Known Member

+5,832
    Atheist
    Married
    Again, difficult, if not impossible, to actually remedy.

6. OldWiseGuy

+10,101
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The media and the Left could lower the temperature a bit.

7. Jimmy D

Jimmy D Well-Known Member

+5,832
    Atheist
    Married
    I don’t follow.

8. anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace Newbie Supporter

+9,843
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The events, incidents, and criminal cases the news media chooses to highlight have way more influence than most of us can understand.

9. OldWiseGuy

+10,101
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    They inflame just about any issue they report or address. They misrepresent, confuse, and divide. As the gatekeepers of information they have the duty of responsible reporting, commentary, etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,435
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Has anyone ever noticed that these things only occur when the democratic party is in a major push for additional gun laws?

Never manages to happen outside of that.. starting to seem fishy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. OldWiseGuy

+10,101
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Liberals understand that most people aren't able to deal with confusion, so they often use it to further their agendas. Sadly many otherwise level headed people get caught up in it and end up supporting their misleading narratives.

12. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+4,029
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    I think when the finest political minds in American cannot answer this most perplexing of questions the only reasonable solution can only be to buy more guns.

After all, guns keep people safe.

13. Tinker Grey

Tinker Grey Wanderer Supporter

+3,514
    Atheist
    Citation required.

14. OldWiseGuy

+10,101
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Both of these statements are true. :oldthumbsup:

15. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+8,889
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I just ordered a PS5 that is being delivered by Fedex.. hope this doesn't interfere with my package delivery time. If it does.. I'm the real victim here.

16. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,435
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Just an observation - seen in the question, "has anyone ever noticed?"

Not necessarily a statement of fact, just starting to seem that way to me.

I mean, Chicago daily makes the war in Afghanistan look like a child's game, yet because they have some of the strictest gun control laws in the country we never hear of it...

But wham, surrounding additional gun law activities there's always a random multiple injury shooting, often multiple times...

17. Tinker Grey

Tinker Grey Wanderer Supporter

+3,514
    Atheist
    Then the answer is no. I have not noticed.

Last year there were 614 mass shootings: List of mass shootings in the United States in 2020 - Wikipedia

That's about 1.7 mass shootings a day (defined for the purposes of the web page as 4 victims not including the perpetrator). That in turn would imply that as of April 17th, today there should have been 178 mass shootings (if we naively assume that it is constant through the year). As of today, however, during this year while the democrats have taken over, there have been "only" 147: Gunman who killed 8 workers at Indianapolis FedEx site had been detained for mental illness | Reuters

Now, if you want to "notice" a correlation between calling for gun control and actual shootings, go find each occurrence of democratic politicians calling for gun control and find out if there is spike in violence after that.

18. GreatLakes4Ever

GreatLakes4Ever Well-Known Member

+3,439
    United States
    Humanist
    Engaged
    I’d like to see a citation on this.

19. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+21,281
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    I think people could stop shooting each other. That could lower the temperature a bit.

20. Whyayeman

Whyayeman Well-Known Member

+655
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    I don't think it matters who is in the White House; there are Americans shooting into crowds, in churches and schools, car parks malls and shops. Yes, 147 mass shootings so far this year, a little down on last year.

It is depressing to note that few people in power mind much.