W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I said POLITICS doesn't teach anything, I said nothing about POLITICIANS. Do not put words in my mouth.

Once again, it is not the evil of the tool, but the people who use it. A car can be used for good (police, ambulance, relief help) or bad (hit and run, get away car, vehicular manslaughter). Does that make a car bad? No, it makes it a tool that was used in the wrong way.

Same thing with politics. You are confusing politics with politicians. You can get into politics, and not listen to politicians. Or you can debate them and prove their evil and wrong-doings. It is a tool, the politicians are the people using the tool. And the people who parrot are not being teached, they are simply regurgitating what they hear. Being taught is learning, understanding, and then being able to teach somebody else.

Just like people will heap teachers to themselves to tell them what their itching ears want to hear, so do people heap politicians to themselves to tell them what they want to hear.

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But how does that equal Christians having to get out of politics? It doesn't, it simply tells me that people tend to listen to what they want to hear.

Which is true, and it is called an echo-chamber and tends to be done by people who are very insecure with their opinions.

Politics as a whole is still a tool, one that we as Christians must learn to use to our advantage and try and steer this world back towards God.

Is what I stated not true?

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Black people carry a heavy burden, that is they're Africans. They are no more able to integrate than India could with the British. "East is east... and all that. It's not a matter of "racism", it's a matter of differences that cannot be overcome. The best we can arrive at is a peaceful standoff, imo of course.

And I will kindly disagree with this, because 1) My wife is Jamaican, not African and therefore is not from the east. Also, if anybody from the east came here, or us there, then yes there is culture shock which is a very real thing. However, if they have been born and raised here, then they share the values of our country.

The real problem with the "black community" and I hate using that term, is the high amount of single parents, violence and crime, and poverty. However, not all black people are like that. In fact I work with and know many who are outstanding citizens and members of society. So it is not entirely fare to paint with a large brush a group of people.

BLM however, wants to paint with as large a brush as possible when it comes to police and white people.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But how does that equal Christians having to get out of politics? It doesn't, it simply tells me that people tend to listen to what they want to hear.

Which is true, and it is called an echo-chamber and tends to be done by people who are very insecure with their opinions.

Politics as a whole is still a tool, one that we as Christians must learn to use to our advantage and try and steer this world back towards God.

Is what I stated not true?

I have stated my case. Politics reap works of the flesh. You can deny it if you want but its the truth.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And I will kindly disagree with this, because 1) My wife is Jamaican, not African and therefore is not from the east. Also, if anybody from the east came here, or us there, then yes there is culture shock which is a very real thing. However, if they have been born and raised here, then they share the values of our country.

Judeo-Christian values are part of our genetic makeup, developed over thousands of years. Immigrants cannot develop this in a single generation.

The real problem with the "black community" and I hate using that term, is the high amount of single parents, violence and crime, and poverty. However, not all black people are like that. In fact I work with and know many who are outstanding citizens and members of society. So it is not entirely fare to paint with a large brush a group of people.

Of course there are exceptions but taken as a whole, painted with that broad brush, the black community has not (been) integrated or assimilated.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have stated my case. Politics reap works of the flesh. You can deny it if you want but its the truth.

You have not stated anything and you so far have not even addressed any of my points and statements.

Of course its works of flesh, because we are flesh, and everything of this earth is works of flesh! Construction is works of flesh, but it built the church you go to. Printing press is works of flesh, but it printed the Bible you use.

Politics is the same, but we must use the tools that we have been given to help bring people to God. The Bible is a tool, Politics is a tool, the internet is a tool, social media is a tool, history is a tool, science is a tool, everything is a tool to be used to bring people to God. By denying a tool from your tool box, that you have because you live in a free country, you are that much less effective!

Would you go try and fix a car and forget your wrench? No! Because you will run into problems what need a wrench! Same thing with this world, to fix it, you need every tool in your tool box. Including politics.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

True Christians aren't bothered too much about politics. A light socket won't shock you if you don't put your finger in it.

Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Discord, factions, dissension, slander, and railing against ones enemy, these things are the fruit of politics and are also what Christ promised to liberate us from.

And he will accomplish this. :bow:

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Judeo-Christian values are part of our genetic makeup, developed over thousands of years. Immigrants cannot develop this in a few generations.

Of course there are exceptions but taken as a whole, painted with that broad brush, the black community has not (been) integrated or assimilated.

Those values are not part of our genetic makeup. Heck, did you know that in 2010, sub-saharan africa made up 23.6% of all Christians in the world? That was literally just 2 percent behind Europe.

Our Judeo-Christian values are a part of our society, not genetic makeup.

Immigrants = Every person in the entire world that decides to move into your country. It is not strictly Black people, or Hispanic people. But everybody.

Yes they have been "integrated and assimilated" because they have been in this country almost as long as white people (if talking USA). They helped build this country, and we would not be the country we are today without them. The BLM movement is a tiny movement inside of the black community, and it is generally the urban city people inside that movement.

Honestly what about white people? The whole trans thing is primarily pushed and started by white people. That is not Judeo-Christian values. People need to be judged by the context of their character. There is no difference between a white person and a black person besides the skin color, hair texture, and lip fullness.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have not stated anything and you so far have not even addressed any of my points and statements.

Of course its works of flesh, because we are flesh, and everything of this earth is works of flesh! Construction is works of flesh, but it built the church you go to. Printing press is works of flesh, but it printed the Bible you use.

Politics is the same, but we must use the tools that we have been given to help bring people to God. The Bible is a tool, Politics is a tool, the internet is a tool, social media is a tool, history is a tool, science is a tool, everything is a tool to be used to bring people to God. By denying a tool from your tool box, that you have because you live in a free country, you are that much less effective!

Would you go try and fix a car and forget your wrench? No! Because you will run into problems what need a wrench! Same thing with this world, to fix it, you need every tool in your tool box. Including politics.

You are confused my friend. Please study Galatians 5-6, and many other writings from the apostles. They will teach us that works of flesh are not from God and not spiritual.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are confused my friend. Please study Galatians 5-6, and many other writings from the apostles. They will teach us that works of flesh are not from God and not spiritual.
Not confused at all, because everything I stated is not from God and is not spiritual.

How does that prove anything I say wrong though? You have yet to actually answer that question besides running around in circles.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not confused at all, because everything I stated is not from God and is not spiritual.

How does that prove anything I say wrong though? You have yet to actually answer that question besides running around in circles.

I answered your questions. You flat out denied what I said was true. You said works of flesh are good. You lack understanding about the doctrine we have been given. Its not a bad thing as long as you see it and search for the truth. That's what I did years ago when I came here. I had to admit I was wrong about a few things. Politics was one of them.

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I answered your questions. You flat out denied what I said was true. You said works of flesh are good. You lack understanding about the doctrine we have been given. Its not a bad thing as long as you see it and search for the truth. That's what I did years ago when I came here. I had to admit I was wrong about a few things. Politics was one of them.

I didnt ask questions, I made statements in why we need to use politics to help bring the world back to God.
I read the verses you placed in, and I will admit my "works of flesh" concept was shaky.

However, explain to me how my tool box statement is wrong, if it is our duty to bring people to God.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didnt ask questions, I made statements in why we need to use politics to help bring the world back to God.
I read the verses you placed in, and I will admit my "works of flesh" concept was shaky.

However, explain to me how my tool box statement is wrong, if it is our duty to bring people to God.

We cant bring people to God by arguing politics with them, or passing laws to make then submit to God. Politics are not the Gospel. We must love our enemies, and pray for them. We must love and do good for all people, and share the light of Christ with them. That's hard to do when we are arguing politics with them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Those values are not part of our genetic makeup. Heck, did you know that in 2010, sub-saharan africa made up 23.6% of all Christians in the world? That was literally just 2 percent behind Europe.

They don't have the same cultural history as our progenitors, which goes back nearly four thousand years.

Our Judeo-Christian values are a part of our society, not genetic makeup.

Behavioral genetics is a proven phenomenon. How deep it goes is yet to be determined. I'm guessing it goes pretty deep.

Immigrants = Every person in the entire world that decides to move into your country. It is not strictly Black people, or Hispanic people. But everybody.

In the context of my comments immigrants are those with a very different culture and ethnicity.

s they have been "integrated and assimilated" because they have been in this country almost as long as white people (if talking USA). They helped build this country, and we would not be the country we are today without them. The BLM movement is a tiny movement inside of the black community, and it is generally the urban city people inside that movement.

We might have an even better country if they had not been here, we'll never know. Slavery didn't help the country much, only the south, which as history records failed and collapsed big time. The presence of black people here has always been a contentious and divisive issue, and I expect that that won't change.

Honestly what about white people? The whole trans thing is primarily pushed and started by white people. That is not Judeo-Christian values. People need to be judged by the context of their character. There is no difference between a white person and a black person besides the skin color, hair texture, and lip fullness.

White America is rapidly losing it's Judeo-Christian heritage.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We cant bring people to God by arguing politics with them, or passing laws to make then submit to God. Politics are not the Gospel. We must love our enemies, and pray for them. We must love and do good for all people, and share the light of Christ with them. That's hard to do when we are arguing politics with them.

It's what a person does, not what he says, that shouts the loudest. We are not to offend others, but many are offended when they see us doing the right thing. Some even get angry. We can't hide our deeds under a 'bushel'. We must let our light shine even if it burns someone.

For example, I pick up trash along the roads in the State Forest were I hunt. But I don't want anyone seeing me do it. If a car comes by I pretend I'm just taking a walk. There are some who, seeing another picking up trash, will deliberately toss more trash there, much like a spoiled child makes a mess just to see his or her mother scramble to clean it up.

Remember the California drought some years ago when citizens were asked to use less water. Well, many rich people, offended at this, actually used more, to show their disdain for any rule that inconvenienced them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's what a person does, not what he says, that shouts the loudest. We are not to offend others, but many are offended when they see us doing the right thing. Some even get angry. We can't hide our deeds under a 'bushel'. We must let our light shine even if it burns someone.

For example, I pick up trash along the roads in the State Forest were I hunt. But I don't want anyone seeing me do it. If a car comes by I pretend I'm just taking a walk. There are some who, seeing another picking up trash, will deliberately toss more trash there, much like a spoiled child makes a mess just to see his or her mother scramble to clean it up.

Remember the California drought some years ago when citizens were asked to use less water. Well, many rich people, offended at this, actually used more, to show their disdain for any rule that inconvenienced them.

You cant preach to democrats if you are a republican, and vise versa. Also, the discord between the two parties makes us all look bad, it makes Christ look fake, as if his own people cant love each other. HOw can we who claim to have Gods spirit of truth inside us, disagree on anything? It makes Gods spirit look powerless. Both sides cant be right can they? So which party is GOds party? Was Jesus a REpublican or Democrat? Cant you see the problem with mixing politics and the gospel?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You cant preach to democrats if you are a republican, and vise versa. Also, the discord between the two parties makes us all look bad, it makes Christ look fake, as if his own people cant love each other. HOw can we who claim to have Gods spirit of truth inside us, disagree on anything? It makes Gods spirit look powerless. Both sides cant be right can they? So which party is GOds party? Was Jesus a REpublican or Democrat? Cant you see the problem with mixing politics and the gospel?

You are crafting a pretty elaborate straw man here.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are crafting a pretty elaborate straw man here.

How is it a strawman? He asked me a question about turning people to god, and I answered it accordingly. Its not a strawman. I grow tired of people using that lame excuse to dismiss a relevant post.

Upvote 0