Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes. Colossians 3 is a good scripture, It says we have died and been raised with Christ, and our life is hidden with Christ in God, in heaven. There is neither Jew or Gentile, bond or free, but all are one in Christ. I dare say that political factions have no place in the kingdom. You cant be one while being divided.

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Sooo, we shouldn't vote? :scratch:

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sooo, we shouldn't vote? :scratch:

What's more important to you? Voting for lies that politicians tell us, or clothing ourselves with gentleness and love for each other? Do you honestly believe that politicians are telling us the truth? What are you afraid of? The Lord promised that he wouldn't forsake us didn't he?

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They should change their slogan to "Black Life Matters" and then see to it that it does. If black lives matter only when a gun is pointed at them it's way too late.

Honestly, if saying "All Lives Matter" is a "racist and hateful" statement, but so is "Black Lives Matter" since it is inclusive to only Black people (can you imagine the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] storm if there was a "White Lives Matter" protest or movement?) they should make it "Black Lives Matter Too" to signify how they feel that they are treated unfairly.

However, when you tell all the other races (specifically white) who are your ALLIES and marching with you to "move to the back! Black people to the front! This protest does not pertain to you!", then the movements racist side is peaking its head out and showing its true colors.

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What's more important to you? Voting for lies that politicians tell us, or clothing ourselves with gentleness and love for each other? Do you honestly believe that politicians are telling us the truth? What are you afraid of? The Lord promised that he wouldn't forsake us didn't he?

There is nothing wrong with voting. The reason politics exist is because everybody grows up differently, with different views on life and different experiences and even if we all agreed on religion and God, that does not mean we would agree with which is a bigger crisis? Oil spill in the atlantic off the coast of USA, or bomb threats along the boarder or mexico? Which has first priority? Who decides how to balance the budget (though incredibly poorly) for the country?

As bad as politics are and politicians can be, it is a necessity for the world we currently live in, and without politics it would be a much worse place to live.

There is a reason for the separation of Church and State, because they SHOULD not influence the other. They do, but the idea was that they dont.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

So no Christians should vote?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is nothing wrong with voting. The reason politics exist is because everybody grows up differently, with different views on life and different experiences and even if we all agreed on religion and God, that does not mean we would agree with which is a bigger crisis? Oil spill in the atlantic off the coast of USA, or bomb threats along the boarder or mexico? Which has first priority? Who decides how to balance the budget (though incredibly poorly) for the country?

As bad as politics are and politicians can be, it is a necessity for the world we currently live in, and without politics it would be a much worse place to live.

There is a reason for the separation of Church and State, because they SHOULD not influence the other. They do, but the idea was that they dont.

We don't decide anything. Even if they balance the budget, its just on paper, but then after the frenzy dies down they run up the deficit again. POlitics are just a gimmick. Our only real freedom is in choosing to be fre from the corruption of politics.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Honestly, if saying "All Lives Matter" is a "racist and hateful" statement, but so is "Black Lives Matter" since it is inclusive to only Black people (can you imagine the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] storm if there was a "White Lives Matter" protest or movement?) they should make it "Black Lives Matter Too" to signify how they feel that they are treated unfairly.

However, when you tell all the other races (specifically white) who are your ALLIES and marching with you to "move to the back! Black people to the front! This protest does not pertain to you!", then the movements racist side is peaking its head out and showing its true colors.

Black people carry a heavy burden, that is they're Africans. They are no more able to integrate than India could with the British. "East is east... and all that. It's not a matter of "racism", it's a matter of differences that cannot be overcome. The best we can arrive at is a peaceful standoff, imo of course.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That depends on whether you value liberty in Christ or enslavement of the world. Politics are enslavement, but love is liberty.

I'm not enslaved to the world. I vote to keep my hand in the game, and to ensure the democratic process. God provided a land, and inspired a system, where the church could grow and the gospel could prosper. It's a good thing. :bow:

Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not enslaved to the world. I vote to keep my hand in the game, and to ensure the democratic process. God provided a land, and inspired a system, where the church could grow and the gospel could prosper. It's a good thing. :bow:

Discord, factions, dissension, slander, and railing against ones enemy, these things are the fruit of politics and are also what Christ promised to liberate us from. It looks like enslavement to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We don't decide anything. Even if they balance the budget, its just on paper, but then after the frenzy dies down they run up the deficit again. POlitics are just a gimmick. Our only real freedom is in choosing to be fre from the corruption of politics.

The only way you can be free from politics is if you move to an island that has none, and has no chance of being taken over by another country. Every country in the world today has politics, because it is necessary. If you do not want to vote that is fine, it is your right not to vote. However, stating that Christians should not vote, when it is possible to vote for and hopefully win somebody who is against that killing of the unborn, then I think as Christians we have a duty to vote and protect those children.

Politics can be evil, but they can also be a good that we Christians can use to help the world.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only way you can be free from politics is if you move to an island that has none, and has no chance of being taken over by another country. Every country in the world today has politics, because it is necessary. If you do not want to vote that is fine, it is your right not to vote. However, stating that Christians should not vote, when it is possible to vote for and hopefully win somebody who is against that killing of the unborn, then I think as Christians we have a duty to vote and protect those children.

Politics can be evil, but they can also be a good that we Christians can use to help the world.

I just gave the facts about how politics corrupt us. I don't tell people what to do though.

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just gave the facts about how politics corrupt us. I don't tell people what to do though.

You stated "facts" just about everything in life. Cars create anxiety in some and fear in others; the engine type divides people or the brand of car.

Heck, religion does these things too! Lutherian vs Baptist, Protestant vs Catholic, United Pentecostal vs Pentecostal.

The world is full of evils, and we have to live in it and try our best to make it a better place for future generations as well as try and get ourselves, our families, and other people to heaven. It is a tough order, but if we are to follow Jesus, that is the cross we must bear.

We cannot remove ourselves from the problems of this world because when we die God will ask us "Why did you let me die? (abortion), Why did you let me starve? (homeless people), Why did you let me freeze? (the naked)" as stated in Matthew 25:31-46

As Christians we must dig in our heels, and do everything in our power to help the people of this world and fix the evils. Is is absolutely possible? With the Grace of God, yes, but we have to do our part.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You stated "facts" just about everything in life. Cars create anxiety in some and fear in others; the engine type divides people or the brand of car.

Heck, religion does these things too! Lutherian vs Baptist, Protestant vs Catholic, United Pentecostal vs Pentecostal.

The world is full of evils, and we have to live in it and try our best to make it a better place for future generations as well as try and get ourselves, our families, and other people to heaven. It is a tough order, but if we are to follow Jesus, that is the cross we must bear.

We cannot remove ourselves from the problems of this world because when we die God will ask us "Why did you let me die? (abortion), Why did you let me starve? (homeless people), Why did you let me freeze? (the naked)" as stated in Matthew 25:31-46

As Christians we must dig in our heels, and do everything in our power to help the people of this world and fix the evils. Is is absolutely possible? With the Grace of God, yes, but we have to do our part.

We must not rationalize unspiritual behavior.

Ephesians 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We must not rationalize unspiritual behavior.

Ephesians 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.
You just completely disregarded by statement, go back and read what I read.

I am not rationalizing anything, I am stating the observations that I have seen in my lifetime both in the real world and here on the internet.

Also did not say "be partners" I said it is our job to fix the world of its problems, or at least give it our all. If we stand back and do nothing, as you seem to suggest, then we will be held accountable by God when we finally die. Why? Because "to everyone for whom much as been given, much will be demanded" Luke 12:48
We have been given the knowledge and responsibility to try and bring people to God, and voting is one of those ways we must try. If you know somebody is pro-choice, then you must vote against them.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You just completely disregarded by statement, go back and read what I read.

I am not rationalizing anything, I am stating the observations that I have seen in my lifetime both in the real world and here on the internet.

Also did not say "be partners" I said it is our job to fix the world of its problems, or at least give it our all. If we stand back and do nothing, as you seem to suggest, then we will be held accountable by God when we finally die. Why? Because "to everyone for whom much as been given, much will be demanded" Luke 12:48
We have been given the knowledge and responsibility to try and bring people to God, and voting is one of those ways we must try. If you know somebody is pro-choice, then you must vote against them.

The problems are hate, discord, dissension, slander, covetousness, discontentment and many other fleshy things. Politics teaches us these things to so the problems are being created by politics. If we want to fix the world we need to first fix ourselves, and that means get out of politics.

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The problems are hate, discord, dissension, slander, covetousness, discontentment and many other fleshy things. Politics teaches us these things to so the problems are being created by politics. If we want to fix the world we need to first fix ourselves, and that means get out of politics.

I am sorry, but you are wrong. Politics is how different parties with different interests sort out problems and communicate. The things you mentioned are not "taught" by politics, because Politics teaches nothing. Those things that you mentioned are all part of the bad part of human nature.

If we want to fix the world, we have to be a part of it first. We have to live the gospel, and live what we teach. That does not mean get out of politics. Politics is a tool that we must learn to use, just like the internet and social media. There are evil things on the internet (takes 2 seconds to find them) and social media, but that is not a nature of the tool.

A gun is used to kill people, both good and bad, but that is not a fault with the tool. The gun is simply the tool, its purpose is defined by the person who holds it. Same with a hammer. I could use a hammer for good and build somebody a house, or I could use it for evil and bash somebody's head in.

The evils of politics comes from the humans who use it to their advantage and to push their agenda. We must learn to use it as well, to turn it around and use politics for good.

Getting out of politics does nothing but admit defeat and shows weakness to the enemy of humanity.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry, but you are wrong. Politics is how different parties with different interests sort out problems and communicate. The things you mentioned are not "taught" by politics, because Politics teaches nothing. Those things that you mentioned are all part of the bad part of human nature.

If we want to fix the world, we have to be a part of it first. We have to live the gospel, and live what we teach. That does not mean get out of politics. Politics is a tool that we must learn to use, just like the internet and social media. There are evil things on the internet (takes 2 seconds to find them) and social media, but that is not a nature of the tool.

A gun is used to kill people, both good and bad, but that is not a fault with the tool. The gun is simply the tool, its purpose is defined by the person who holds it. Same with a hammer. I could use a hammer for good and build somebody a house, or I could use it for evil and bash somebody's head in.

The evils of politics comes from the humans who use it to their advantage and to push their agenda. We must learn to use it as well, to turn it around and use politics for good.

Getting out of politics does nothing but admit defeat and shows weakness to the enemy of humanity.

I'm not wrong. I observe political discord daily here. Politicians do teach us. Just listen to people parrot their rhetoric and you will see for yourself.

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not wrong. I observe political discord daily here. Politicians do teach us. Just listen to people parrot their rhetoric and you will see for yourself.

I said POLITICS doesn't teach anything, I said nothing about POLITICIANS. Do not put words in my mouth.

Once again, it is not the evil of the tool, but the people who use it. A car can be used for good (police, ambulance, relief help) or bad (hit and run, get away car, vehicular manslaughter). Does that make a car bad? No, it makes it a tool that was used in the wrong way.

Same thing with politics. You are confusing politics with politicians. You can get into politics, and not listen to politicians. Or you can debate them and prove their evil and wrong-doings. It is a tool, the politicians are the people using the tool. And the people who parrot are not being teached, they are simply regurgitating what they hear. Being taught is learning, understanding, and then being able to teach somebody else.

Upvote 0