yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No.
Yhwh is Perfect, and stated in His Word that He works out (orchestrates) everything for the best for those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.
Nothing He is or does or choose or chose to do, could be done any better at all.
Otherwise,
Yhwh wouldn't be Perfect.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nope cos women..were created last from man.

Christ had to come as Gods son because thats the order of things PLUS the sinless man was such a rarity...like it had NEVER happened before that only Jesus could have paid the price.
I think women couldnt have sinned in the same way men did.

Anyway God knew what He was doing.

Upvote 0

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Could God have chosen to become incarnate in a woman? I have to affirm the possibility. To do otherwise would require me to say I know fully the mind of God, & I don't. It would require limiting what God can do, & I'm hesitant to do that. It would require denying a key truth of the creation story - that humankind (male, female, all) is made in God's image, & I certainly accept this truth.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is not just a metaphor, of course, it's how God has chosen to reveal himself (which is why I'm not OK with baptisms in the name of the "Creator, Redeemer, and Sanctifier").

But I'm not sure the Trinity has implications for gender roles... that's another subject. I do believe that men and women are different (though not necessarily in an essential way), but I also believe they are equal.

Last edited:
Reactions: graceandpeace
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Could God have chosen
God's Word says otherwise, often. It would completely destroy His integrity .
In some countries they think god could come to them as a bovine(cow).
No such chance.
God's Word cannot be changed, and especially what is opposed to His Word cannot be accepted. He designed everything perfectly, absolutely perfect, and always PLANNED the best and executed it His Way perfectly.
I have to affirm the possibility.
No, you don't have to, and should not.
Men have been doing that same thing for thousands of years.
Denying God's own Word to replace it with their own, whenever they 'felt' like it,
whether to gain attention, advantage, money or power over others.

Stick with God's Word, as He says to.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I believe God could have come in the flesh as a woman. Afterall, God can do anything God wants. However, think about the place of women in the society of Judea 2016 years ago. Ears would have been closed to a woman's voice and the movement would have been harder to gain traction. If nothing else, the times required what God sent.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,013.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could God have come to earth in the flesh as a woman?

Of course he could.
God can do anything he chooses. That he, our Creator, should come to inhabit his creation at all, is awesome - it would be wrong to suggest that he could only have come in one particular form.

And yes, I know I used the word "he" as does Scripture. But God isn't an "it" and to say male/female every time we spoke of him, would just some clumsy and confusing. Jesus said that God is Spirit - spirit doesn't have a gender.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Assuming an alternative history where the dominant culture was matriarchal rather than patriarchal, I can't see any reason why the Logos couldn't have become incarnate as a woman.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: RuthD
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Assuming an alternative history where the dominant culture was matriarchal rather than patriarchal, I can't see any reason why the Logos couldn't have become incarnate as a woman.

-CryptoLutheran

I'm speaking of this world. Our history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.