Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How bad could you have possibly burned yourself with fajitas? man up.

They didn't burn themselves on the fajitas they burned themselves on the plate.

They bring you out this stone plate that is basically so hot it is still cooking your food as it's brought to you, when it's sat before you it's abundantly clear that it's very very very very hot.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In Houston, a gang of us from work used to get fajitas for lunch about once a month. The waiter would bring two out at a time, one in each hand, wearing these huge oven mitts. They were served in a scalding hot cast-iron skillet on a wooden tray, and you could hear the sizzle coming before they left the kitchen.

Without fail, the waiter would tell us, "Muy frio--muy frio!" Muy frio means "very cold" in Spanish. It was an inside joke. I think we started it in some dim, distant past.

The only person who ever got burned was our Incoming Department guy who somehow got the contents of the skillet down the back of his shirt. There was no real harm done, but he got a free lunch out of the deal.

Nobody would have touched one of those skillets. That'd just be crazy.

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm actually surprised and saddened that he would try and sue. I guess the McDonald lady gives people high hopes.

And yes, I use boiling water to make tea and coffee, which doesn't get quite as hot in Colorado as it might other places, but it's at least 180 degrees.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

They bring you out this stone plate that is basically so hot it is still cooking your food as it's brought to you, when it's sat before you it's abundantly clear that it's very very very very hot.
yeah but it didn't do any permanent damage. so boo-hoo suck it up.
you know what i wouldn't support a lawsuit even if i did do permanent damage.
i buy a knife and i cut myself with it that's on me. i was using the knife like an idiot.
i buy hot food and burn myself with it that's on me. i was eating like an idiot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bfdd6988

Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2015
✟8,116.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I learned my lesson about cast iron cookware the slightly painful way at Denny's. I didn't think how hot them 'taters were until I popped one in my mouth. OUCH! I still order food cooked in them, but I wait awhile before beginning to eat. Also, when my baby girl and I are out, we tend to "say grace" before the food arrives. That way, we can dig in once it comes!

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm actually surprised and saddened that he would try and sue. I guess the McDonald lady gives people high hopes.

And yes, I use boiling water to make tea and coffee, which doesn't get quite as hot in Colorado as it might other places, but it's at least 180 degrees.

Read the link in post #4. The "McDonald's Lady" case as you and most people understand it is a myth. Reality is very different.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Not to pick nits, but they are cast iron skillets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember an interview with one McDonald's lady - that got burned with the coffee. She was in the drive thru, and they handed her a cup of coffee...and the lid was not secure. When she grabbed it the coffee burned her hand, and your reaction is to pull back...which she did...and burned her lap.

No one helped her after realizing she was burned. No one came to render aid. We are speaking about an elderly lady, and that is neglect. She had third degree burns, and no one cared.

When I'm frying something on the stove I always make sure there is a healthy distance, and even then you KNOW there is still a chance you are going to get burned. Things crackle and pop. Its the same with this skillet, and anyone that has ever been NEAR a skillet should know this. Where does common sense come into this? You hear it crackle and pop on the way to the table!

Servers tell you the plate is hot, and quite frankly the appearance alone should clue you in anyway.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not to pick nits, but they are cast iron skillets.

In my defense every time I've had one placed before me I was more concerned with the fajitas than the plate.

Well ok, I was also pretty concerned with not touching the plate too.

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Read the link in post #4. The "McDonald's Lady" case as you and most people understand it is a myth. Reality is very different.

I've read all the info on her, and it doesn't change my mind.

Upvote 0