Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
If you have missed it, Christchurch NZ has suffered a second earthquake, and while it was only a 6.3, it was centred just several kms from Christchurch and was alot shallower, so it caused alot more damage.

They said 238 people were missing after Tuesday's 6.3 magnitude earthquake although some may have already left Christchurch before the disaster. The official death toll stands at 76.

from here

If anyone feels led, the red cross is accepting donations. The City had only begun to heal from the last earthquake, and this one has people fleeing in droves many dont want to return to Christchurch. They believe it will be months and possibly years before things start to return to normal.

There is alot of physical injury, this one has really damaged the pysche of the Christchurch people, and many people are terrified, I'm feeling pretty floored, and I am living eight hours south of Christchurch, can only imagine what ChCh people are experiencing.... Your prayers appreciated

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Oh It's been terrible! My hubby has family who work in chch and we haven't heard from them at all. The news coverage has been phenominal and the stories....wow!!

I'm praying constantly...this is just so sad :(

i'm sorry to hear about your husbands family, i truely hope they are ok

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
98 confirmed dead:cry:

it's a hard time for christchurch and those who have been affected in nz and other countries with family and friends in christchurch and the surrounding areas
thank you for posting the thread Tenabrae, i do hope any who you may know in chch are ok. while i do not have friends of family in chch it is so sad hearing about the aftereffects and hearing of people who have lost loved ones and those who are still waiting for people to be rescued from the debri.

To the forum here thank you for any prayers for those affected by the earthquake in our country, we really appreciate your prayers.

God bless

Upvote 0