7 minutes of The President Just being... Human.

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No doubt -- you bought it from Donald, hook, line, and sinker.

Trump supported abortion before he started pretending to be a conservative so he could win the love and admiration of evangelical Christians. He also supported abortion in cases of rape, incest, and the risk of the mother's life while he was in office. He opposed the strict abortion laws that were passed.

This "pro-life" President joked about shooting someone in the middle of a street and he wouldn't lose any voters. He suggested that the Second Amendment people could assassinate Hillary Clinton if she had won the 2016 election instead of him. In 2016, he told his supporters to knock the crap out of protestors and he would pay their legal fees. He praised the excessive force against journalists and it called the violence against these journalists 'a beautiful sight." There are plenty of more examples in this article here: All the times Trump has called for violence at his rallies. Here is another article to read: Donald Trump is the accelerant: A comprehensive timeline of Trump encouraging hate groups and political violence. As you can see by the examples I've provided, Trump isn't genuinely pro-life.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Trump supported abortion before he started pretending to be a conservative so he could win the love and admiration of evangelical Christians. He also supported abortion in cases of rape, incest, and the risk of the mother's life while he was in office. He opposed the strict abortion laws that were passed.
One of the questions I asked Trump supporters during the 16 run was how did they know that Trump wouldn’t flip flop on abortion once in office?

Unfortunately, that’s not a question we have to ask about the guy in office now.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
One of the questions I asked Trump supporters during the 16 run was how did they know that Trump wouldn’t flip flop on abortion once in office?

Because his base would string him up... figuratively if not literally.

Unfortunately, that’s not a question we have to ask about the guy in office now.

True, but Biden at least cares about the post-born.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My mistake. It was before the inauguration.

Trump's character: will he waffle?

Well, on the plus side, he didn't waffle, he simply failed.

Donald appointed a much larger than average number of federal judges... as well as three SCOTUS justices.

And yet, when a state legislature passes some draconian back-door abortion ban (which, let's face it, is the only way to stop abortion), the courts have continually shot them down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Because his base would string him up... figuratively if not literally.

True, but Biden at least cares about the post-born.
At least. If they make it that far.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Donald appointed a much larger than average number of federal judges... as are three SCOTUS justices.

And yet, when a state legislature passes some draconian back-door abortion ban (which, let's face it, is the only way to stop abortion), the courts have continually shot them down.
It was a much better attempt than we’ll get from Biden who wants to make abortions great again.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Donald appointed a much larger than average number of federal judges... as are three SCOTUS justices.

Imagine the GOP without the need to court the “pro-life” crowd.
Imagine the pro-life folks freed from their need to be tied to a Party that seems to be against more and more and for less and less.
And now that they’ll not shackled to “free-trade” nor “states’ rights” they can begin to seek new directions to ensure that they’ll always remain in power even though their percentage of the general population gets smaller and smaller.

• Useful
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It was a much better attempt than we’ll get from Biden who wants to make abortions great again.

While Biden is most certainly pro-choice, I don't recall him making any such claims... indeed, abortion was hardly mentioned in his campaign, and AFAIK, his only executive action regarding abortion was the completely expected maneuver to rescind the Mexico City Policy... which has been a presidential ping-pong ball since Reagan signed it.

Is hyperbole really the best way to debate this issue? I don't see how.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Imagine the GOP without the need to court the “pro-life” crowd.

One wonders if they even need to...

Donald's failure to stop abortion, and his general disdain for any life that wasn't personally beneficial to himself, didn't do anything to dissuade the "pro-life" crowd.

Eventually, the GOP won't even bother with the lip service anymore... think anyone will notice?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nah, Trump's obscenity is just 'macho talk,' and 'locker room banter.'

Right. Although, just to be sure, what I was speaking of when I used the word obscene was his daring to invoke the name of God in any way, form, or fashion (in this case posing for a picture with the Bible held up) in the wake of having a crowd of folk pepper bombed. ... Almost like God was blessing the act of violence. I found it disgusting.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There's nothing normal about Biden with his rampant hair sniffing and dementia gaffes.
First of all, President Biden wasn’t showing off by holding up a bible in front of a church in an effort to impress his voting base. Secondly, President Biden didn’t have the people in the area tear gassed and aggressively cleared out so he could have his picture taken. Next, President Biden is visibly happy and smiling rather than having a scowled look on his face like he hadn’t been able to go the bathroom for several days. And lastly, his wife obviously enjoys his company rather than having a look of disgust on her face whenever she looks at her husband. The picture of President Biden and the First Lady in the OP article is contrast to the majority of pictures we have seen of the previous President and his wife.

The picture of President Biden and his wife maybe a photo-op, but their demeanor shown in the photo and the context behind the photo is completely different than the other pathetic photo-op in front of the church that you mentioned. It’s clear to me by the look on President Biden’s face that he is a very happy man and that happiness rubs off on other people. Kindness and compassion from the President during a national crisis like this pandemic can be encouraging to a lot of Americans who are suffering.
Trump did not have anyone gassed so he could have a photo. The DC police chief vouched that they were unaware that Trump would be arriving later. They did not use tear gas, they used smoke canisters. They had been dealing with violent crowds congregating in that area for days and were attempting to prevent another day of violence. Crowds refused to disperse and so they used smoke canisters.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Let's see....three traits here...

Normal.
Strong.
Visionary.

Looks like Trump is 0 for 3.

-- A2SG, but the Biden video was nice.....
There's nothing normal about Biden's hair sniffing

[STAFF EDITED]

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
While Biden is most certainly pro-choice, I don't recall him making any such claims... indeed, abortion was hardly mentioned in his campaign, and AFAIK, his only executive action regarding abortion was the completely expected maneuver to rescind the Mexico City Policy... which has been a presidential ping-pong ball since Reagan signed it.

Is hyperbole really the best way to debate this issue? I don't see how.
“Hardly mentioned” doesn’t not mean that it wasn’t mentioned, and that he didn’t make clear his intentions.

Biden's Promise to Codify Roe | Gerard V. Bradley

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If there were actual substantive issues with Biden's policy goals, I imagine we'd be reading them instead of threads like these. Alas, what can one do?
I agree. It appears that a Biden supporter started this thread because there was nothing substantial that they could get behind or promote.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I agree. It appears that a Biden supporter started this thread because there was nothing substantial that they could get behind or promote.
I didn't mention anything about things one could get behind or promote, so not sure what you think you're agreeing with.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
“Hardly mentioned” doesn’t not mean that it wasn’t mentioned, and that he didn’t make clear his intentions.

Biden's Promise to Codify Roe | Gerard V. Bradley

From your article: “The only responsible response to that would be to pass legislation making Roe the law of the land. That’s what I would do.”

I can see how the anti-abortion crowd would be frightened by this at first glance, but I would think that this would be welcomed by the Right...

...after all, they're the ones who commonly complain about "activist judges" who "legislate from the bench." Why shouldn't legislation be the responsibility of the, you know... legislature?

Have they forgotten that any law the legislature writes, a later legislature can repeal? Have they also forgotten that the legislature switches political affiliation a lot more often than the judiciary?

This isn't like their embarrassing record of failure to get rid of the ACA... they're not being asked to replace abortion with anything; all they've got to do is say no -- you'd think they'd be good at that by now.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
From your article: “The only responsible response to that would be to pass legislation making Roe the law of the land. That’s what I would do.”

I can see how the anti-abortion crowd would be frightened by this at first glance, but I would think that this would be welcomed by the Right...

...after all, they're the ones who commonly complain about "activist judges" who "legislate from the bench." Why shouldn't legislation be the responsibility of the, you know... legislature?

Have they forgotten that any law the legislature writes, a later legislature can repeal? Have they also forgotten that the legislature switches political affiliation a lot more often than the judiciary?

This isn't like their embarrassing record of failure to get rid of the ACA... they're not being asked to replace abortion with anything; all they've got to do is say no -- you'd think they'd be good at that by now.
The point of linking to that was to show you that it was definitely part of his platform to increase abortions.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The point of linking to that was to show you that it was definitely part of his platform to increase abortions.

Except legalizing abortions isn't going to increase them.

Abortion in the US has been on a downward trend... last I checked, it's at the lowest it's ever been since Roe v Wade was first adjudicated.

Now, there are those who will give Donald the credit for that -- most likely Donald himself -- in spite of both his inaction on the matter, and the fact that the downward trend first began in 2009... at the start of You-Know-Who's administration. But it's most likely that guy had nothing to do with it, either.

Now, you have the right, of course, to be afraid of what you choose as a result of Biden's presidency, but answer me this:

If the rate of abortions in the United States continues to decline on its own, do you think Biden would be in any way disappointed?

Because I don't. And if that is so, we can't really say that increasing them was part of his platform, now can we?

At least, not rationally or honestly.

Upvote 0