63000 mental health workers say that Donald Trump is too dangerous to be President

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Not illegal or unconstitutional.

He can write an EO banning Catholics.
He can ban immigration from any country that speaks French.
As long as he decides it is necessary, it's his decision.
The Constitution does not apply to other countries or their citizens.
Not according to the Supreme Court, and it is the Supreme Court that interprets the constitutionality of laws. Trump must abide by its rulings, in order to ensure the separation of powers.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Get Trump to shut up, and let the Generals run things.

... because you think international diplomacy should be done by the military, not the State Department?

Or does "let the Generals run things" mean that the US should go to war right now?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not according to the Supreme Court, and it is the Supreme Court that interprets the constitutionality of laws. Trump must abide by its rulings, in order to ensure the separation of powers.
I agree wit pat34
sedition?
What about corruption and treason.

• Haha
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The sixty-three thousand mental health workers who were willing to violate their own professional standards by signing onto something like this declaration need a primer in how democracy works. Yes, I know that many of them, like the guy who assaulted Sen. Rand Paul the other day, probably don't care about either professional ethics or free elections.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Separation of powers. Trump is the Executive branch of
the government. Congress writes the laws, the President
executes the laws and the courts handle disputes.

What are the limits of the SC if they can create laws and rights
from nothing, and decide if Congress or the President are able
to do their Constitutional duties? How close are they to being
able to do away with rights as easily as they grant new ones?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Separation of powers. Trump is the Executive branch of
the government. Congress writes the laws, the President
executes the laws and the courts handle disputes.
Specifically, the Supreme Court determines which laws are constitutional.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Another example (we can see this coming a mile away, I think you'll agree):
The Declaration of Independence states that one of our inalienable right is life. For us to stay alive, bare subsistance, we must have food, clean water, shelter and clothing to save us from exposure to the elements, and basic health care. The Supreme Court COULD very well rule that there are subrights to the right to life such as:
A living wage
Basic necessities guaranteed for those unable to work or to find work (no time limit on AFDC
Some kind of socialized medicine so that everyone would be guaranteed medical treatment.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Quite simply, the Executive Branch cannot enter into an unlawful (unconstitutional) agreement, and the Supreme Court has the authority to declare whether a such an agreement is consitutional or not.

Trump wants to be a dictator and do whatever the heck he pleases without regards to the separation of powers and the restrictions placed upon him by the constitution.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Or if it does, our democracy is over.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
... because you think international diplomacy should be done by the military, not the State Department?

Or does "let the Generals run things" mean that the US should go to war right now?
I think that we are dealing with a country that doesn't negotiate well. We are in a grey area that is passed negotiation but not quite at war. Military threats are being made by Korea. The State Department and the Departement of Defense should ALL be at the table.

What shouldn't be happening is Trump opening his mouth and taunting NK. But the man just won't SHUT UP, even when his Aides specifically warn him of the dangers of taunting Kim Jung Un.

"Senior aides to President Trump repeatedly warned him not to deliver a personal attack on North Korea’s leader at the United Nations this week, saying insulting the young despot in such a prominent venue could irreparably escalate tensions and shut off any chance for negotiations to defuse the nuclear crisis.

Trump’s derisive description of Kim Jong Un as “Rocket Man” on “a suicide mission” and his threat to “totally destroy” North Korea were not in a speech draft that several senior officials reviewed and vetted Monday, the day before Trump gave his first address to the U.N. General Assembly, two U.S. officials said."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-fg-trump-northkorea-20170922-story.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Nqzklaa.jpg
ON!

Thread cleaned!

Statement of Purpose and Off-Topic
Read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose. Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

Nqzklaa.jpg
OFF!

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In January, a few thousand mental health professionals, led by John Gartner, organized a Facebook petition warning that Donald Trump is psychologically incapable of competently discharging the duties of President of the United States. By April, the group, Duty to Warn, at a conference at Yale, agreed that the issue no longer was whether Trump is mentally ill but whether he’s dangerous. This week, Duty to Warn, now 63,000 signatories strong, not only broadcast that message in a wildly successful book—The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President, edited by Bandy X. Lee, M.D., debuted near the top of The New York Times best-seller list—but became a political action committee (PAC).

A Political Prescription for Donald Trump's Brain

Since 1973, the American Psychiatric Association and its members have abided by a principle commonly known as “the Goldwater Rule,” which prohibits psychiatrists from offering opinions on someone they have not personally evaluated.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Since 1973, the American Psychiatric Association and its members have abided by a principle commonly known as “the Goldwater Rule,” which prohibits psychiatrists from offering opinions on someone they have not personally evaluated.
And these particular psychiatrists have stated why this is the exception:
1. It is such an obvious case that no personal evaluation is needed.
2. The danger to the nation warrants speaking out.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And these particular psychiatrists have stated why this is the exception:
1. It is such an obvious case that no personal evaluation is needed.
2. The danger to the nation warrants speaking out.
By violating their own ethical standards.... lol

I really do not care what a bunch of liberal psychiatrists think. I love what Trump is actually doing.

This is pointless you are wildly liberal and NOTHING Trump ever does or will do is acceptable for you.

Funny I don't recall you being all up in arms over Obama's CLEAR association with the Muslim Brotherhood. Where were you then?

Funny, I don't see you upset about the REAL Russian collusion with the Hilliary campaign. I don't see complaining about how EVIL the Obama and Clinton machine was with Uranium One deal....

Sorry, but I can't even begin to take you or anyone from the left even mildly serious.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
This is pointless you are wildly liberal and NOTHING Trump ever does or will do is acceptable for you.
Don't assume that because I can see that Trump is mentally unstable and dangerous for the country that this means I'm a knee jerk liberal or that I can't see good things that Trump does. For example, I think Trumps policy of "we will do what it takes to WIN in afghanistan" is a good policy, and long overdue.

Upvote 0