Auckland
✟32,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Florida girl, 6, begs for help while being arrested, police bodycam video shows | Fox News

A sobbing 6-year-old Florida girl begged Orlando cops to let her go as she was arrested at school for hitting three employees, disturbing police bodycam video shows.

The footage, released by the family of Kaia Rolle late Monday, shows the first-grader breaking down as she is restrained with zip ties on Sept. 19 at Lucious and Emma Nixon Academy Charter School.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Well, what she did is considered assault and teachers are seeing more and more of this now days.

One teacher that I know very well was assaulted by a student causing to her great bodily harm. She has had neck operations and her back is in terrible shape and she will be crippled for the rest of her life.

I'm sure that the little girl was turned over to her parents -- no real harm done to her. Will she learn a lesson? Only if her parents do their part. Which usually is not seen these days.

M-Bob

This is due to the failure to discipline the children in this generation. The " let them freely express themselves attitude " is against Bible and a big sin , the next generation is bound to be the cursed generation as many parents treat them as kings and queens , as idols and displaced Jesus as the King.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"IMO this should be std practice in schools. Maybe it would teach them a lesson in this world of PC to respect their teachers..."

That was not referring to any lightning bolts now was it? A violent person was apprehended by the authorities. No one was killed or even physically harmed in any way but the victim of that person.

Upvote 0

Athanasius377

Is playing with his Tonka truck.
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cincinnati
✟708,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This seems a bit over the top. The girl is six and does not have the capacity to reason. If this was something the girls family asked for then it should be kept private. Otherwise it’s just plain stupid. Discipline starts at home. If my daughter had done something like this the mere idea of me showing up at school would have mortified her both then and now and she’s 13. If this girl’s discipline or lack there of is this bad then it shouldn’t be the school’s responsibility it’s the parent’s responsibility.

I am not discounting the need for discipline here. It’s my judgement the rod belongs in the hands of the parents not the police at this age.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hard to believe I know.
But, when my wife was teaching kindergarten two little boys went pee pee on their own books in their own desk. The school custodian had to clean up the mess and throw the books away. The school did nothing to these kids but, did ask the parents to punish them at home.

Proxy a week later my wife asked both sets of parents what punishment had been carried out? The answer from both sides was -- NONE.

I nicknamed them the pee pee boys. It happened many years ago now but, the teachers still bring it up -- still funny but, still sad.

That's just the condition that we are now in.

PS -- my rear end would still be stinging!

M-Bob

My wife's an ex-teacher. She has similar stories, and more violent!

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
"IMO this should be std practice in schools. Maybe it would teach them a lesson in this world of PC to respect their teachers..."
Oh, I see. Maybe quoting the post would have helped me out. Missed that one.

I think that there is discipline needed.. However, how do you arrest a 6 year old?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Long term therapy is the only solution I can imagine to compensate for a lack of mature responsible adults as they are growing up. But I don't know of any such programs.
I don't have a lot of faith in counseling in this day and time.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Parent(s) need to be held accountable for their child's actions.
I agree, but, good luck... From what I see, the better the child behaves...its because the parents care more.. Those kids that don't behave... the parents couldn't give two rips what they did. They'll just say it's the teachers problem.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Judging by some of the reactions here, he would have sent a lightning bolt out of his fingers, killed the child, and then high-fived the disciples who were watching.

I am amazed at some of the responses ... we are talking about a 6 year old child.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The girl is six and does not have the capacity to reason.

If this was something the girls family asked for then it should be kept private. Otherwise it’s just plain stupid. Discipline starts at home. If my daughter had done something like this the mere idea of me showing up at school would have mortified her both then and now and she’s 13. If this girl’s discipline or lack there of is this bad then it shouldn’t be the school’s responsibility it’s the parent’s responsibility.

I am not discounting the need for discipline here. It’s my judgement the rod belongs in the hands of the parents not the police at this age.

She should have already been taught not to be hitting on people. Attacking teachers? What's wrong with her?
M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh, I see. Maybe quoting the post would have helped me out. Missed that one.

I think that there is discipline needed.. However, how do you arrest a 6 year old?

For one, obviously this girl was in distress. If there's any counseling needed its for the adults who couldn't deal with her and decided calling gun-wielding cops was the best course of action. Lucky they didn't Taze her.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
She should have already been taught not to be hitting on people. Attacking teachers? What's wrong with her?
M-Bob

She's a kid. What's wrong with the adults that they couldn't handle this situation without guns? Why not just call the parents?

Upvote 0

Athanasius377

Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cincinnati
✟708,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
M-Bob
I agree. My point is government is ill equipped to deal with this issue.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree. My point is government is ill equipped to deal with this issue.

Schools are afraid of being sued and only get paid for each day the child is in the classroom. Thus -- no suspensions.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am amazed at some of the responses ... we are talking about a 6 year old child.

Exactly my thought, what is wrong with you people. She is only 6 years old for crying out loud! This is child abuse!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Athanasius377

Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cincinnati
✟708,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Schools are afraid of being sued and only get paid for each day the child is in the classroom. Thus -- no suspensions.
M-Bob
I agree. Yet is the best arena for dealing with a six year old whose clearly out of control the school and its resource officer. I taught for three years before I changed professions. IMO if a six year old is this out of control is the best course of action to have the police invoked?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
She is only 6 years old for crying out loud! This is child abuse!

Actually, I believe that she was attacking people including the police officer.

School should kick her out for good.
Maybe a new start in a new school?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Athanasius377

Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cincinnati
✟708,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually, I believe that she was attacking people including the police officer.

School should kick her out for good.
Maybe a new start in a new school?
M-Bob
Bob, she’s six. Six years old. She doesn’t have a concept of cause and effect yet. That won’t happen for another four years. Why not ask is the child autistic? Is there something going on at home? Is she mentally disabled? What’s going on in the home? These are questions that should be asked before we jump to have the police come and arrest a six year old.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Exactly my thought, what is wrong with you people. She is only 6 years old for crying out loud! This is child abuse!

I agree ... and a lawsuit should be filed ... and probably will.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bob, she’s six. Six years old. She doesn’t have a concept of cause and effect yet. That won’t happen for another four years. Why not ask is the child autistic? Is there something going on at home? Is she mentally disabled? What’s going on in the home? These are questions that should be asked before we jump to have the police come and arrest a six year old.

Kids that can't control themselves and hit others need to be placed in Special Ed.

Upvote 0