Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
RE: 2, I have a LOT of problems with that as well especially if they are an active candidate. If you are a candidate, you should not be acting as an active cleric as well. Dont get me started on Makarios of Cyprus.

In general I think that is true. Christianity is about the life to come.

I do sort of wonder about this stuff. When I was a baby in the 60's my folks complained about their Lutheran pastor who really got into preaching against Communism. I think he wanted to be like Cardinal Fulton Sheen who was something of a big celebrity not just in Catholicism but in American society back then for his TV preaching (He got big ratings as big as any secular TV show in the 50s). Anyway this Lutheran pastor got so into his anti-Communism messages that they thought it was distracting from the more traditional spiritual messages you would hear from traditional sermons and homilies.

But I do wonder about the 501c3 thing, like were people like Lyndon Johnson afraid of having a big religious personality like Sheen against them? Is that what one of the reasons why the tax system was set up the way it was?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In general I think that is true. Christianity is about the life to come.

I do sort of wonder about this stuff. When I was a baby in the 60's my folks complained about their Lutheran pastor who really got into preaching against Communism. I think he wanted to be like Cardinal Fulton Sheen who was something of a celebrity back then for his TV preaching. Anyway this Lutheran Pastor got so into his anti-Communism messages that they thought it was distracting from the more traditional spiritual messages you would hear from traditional sermons and homilies.

But I do wonder about the 501c3 thing, like were people like Lyndon Johnson afraid of having a big religious personality like Sheen against them? Is that what one of the reasons why the tax system was set up the way it was?

This is so right on! Pastors can warn of worldly dangers, but to make it a focal point of their ministry becomes making that political thing an idol.

We have a right to speak out, but not at teh sake of compromising our divine mission. That is a fine balance and often we can fall on the wrong side of that balance.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I agree if by that you mean we get preachers opening their churches for partisan political meetings, preachers going on air in support of a candidate and the like. But to follow the laws of a land in regards to taxes to me does not rise to any big deal.

Many countries churches have to pay taxes and are stifled by govt. We in Americ astill enjoy many freedoms from govt.. The church should be a voice govts. listen to for morality and blessing for the land, but yes we should not be wed to any govt. That is what help lead Europe into the dark ages, besides the false doctrine of the era.
The laws of this land are actually comprised in The Constitution: any laws contradicting, or, any amendments undermining the constitution, are illegal.

The composing or enforcement of illegal laws, is a high crime, usually punishable by death.

Amendments to the constitution, that contradict it's meaning, are illegal, and an act of high treason, punishable by death.

The laws of this land, categorically, prohibit our rulers from making laws concerning an establishment of religion: the only law, concerning an establishment of religion, is that no law can be made concerning an establishment of religion.

Therefore, to enter into contract with the government, under any laws that concern religion, is not only immediately criminal, but more importantly, it is against Christ.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The laws of this land are actually comprised in The Constitution: any laws contradicting, or, any amendments undermining the constitution, are illegal.

The composing or enforcement of illegal laws, is a high crime, usually punishable by death.

Amendments to the constitution, that contradict it's meaning, are illegal, and an act of high treason, punishable by death.

The laws of this land, categorically, prohibit our rulers from making laws concerning an establishment of religion: the only law, concerning an establishment of religion, is that no law can be made concerning an establishment of religion.

Therefore, to enter into contract with the government, under any laws that concern religion, is not only immediately criminal, but more importantly, it is against Christ.
A 501c3 is not a contract with the government, and is in no way establishing a national religion.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A 501c3 is not a contract with the government, and is in no way establishing a national religion.
What you've just said is directly contrary to observable reality.

You do not know what a contract is, and should thus refrain from advising on the matter.

Contract /Con·tract´/ (kŏn·trăkt´), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Contracted; p. pr. & vb. n. Contracting.] [L. contractus, p. p. of contrahere to contract; con- + trahere to draw: cf. F. contracter. See Trace, and cf. Contract, n.]
1. To draw together or nearer; to reduce to a less compass; to shorten, narrow, or lessen; as, to contract one's sphere of action.

In all things desuetude doth contract and narrow our faculties.
Dr. H. More.
2. To draw together so as to wrinkle; to knit.

Thou didst contract and purse thy brow.
Shak.
3. To bring on; to incur; to acquire; as, to contract a habit; to contract a debt; to contract a disease.

Each from each contract new strength and light.
Pope.
Such behavior we contract by having much conversed with persons of high station.
Swift.
4. To enter into, with mutual obligations; to make a bargain or covenant for.

We have contracted an inviolable amity, peace, and lague with the aforesaid queen.
Hakluyt.
Many persons . . . had contracted marriage within the degrees of consanguinity . . . prohibited by law.
Strype.
5. To betroth; to affiance.

The truth is, she and I, long since contracted,
Are now so sure, that nothing can dissolve us.
Shak.
6. (Gram.) To shorten by omitting a letter or letters or by reducing two or more vowels or syllables to one.

Syn. -- To shorten; abridge; epitomize; narrow; lessen; condense; reduce; confine; incur; assume.

Contract /Con·tract´/ (kŏn·trăkt´), v. i.
1. To be drawn together so as to be diminished in size or extent; to shrink; to be reduced in compass or in duration; as, iron contracts in cooling; a rope contracts when wet.

Years contracting to a moment.
Wordsworth.
2. To make an agreement; to covenant; to agree; to bargain; as, to contract for carrying the mail.

Contract /Con´tract/ (kŏn´trăkt), a. Contracted; as, a contract verb. Goodwin.

Contract /Con·tract´/ (kŏn·trăkt´), a. [L. contractus, p. p.] Contracted; affianced; betrothed. [Obs.] Shak.

Contract /Con´tract/ (kŏn´trăkt), n. [L. contractus, fr. contrahere: cf. F. contrat, formerly also contract.]
1. (Law) The agreement of two or more persons, upon a sufficient consideration or cause, to do, or to abstain from doing, some act; an agreement in which a party undertakes to do, or not to do, a particular thing; a formal bargain; a compact; an interchange of legal rights. Wharton.

2. A formal writing which contains the agreement of parties, with the terms and conditions, and which serves as a proof of the obligation.

3. The act of formally betrothing a man and woman.

This is the the night of the contract.
Longwellow.
Syn. -- Covenant; agreement; compact; stipulation; bargain; arrangement; obligation. See Covenant.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Wow what an amazing twisted highway you drove to get to your point!

Amendments to the Constitution that delete other parts of the Constitution are very very legal. The founders made it that way!

Laws that violate the Constitution are illegal and must be ruled so by the high court. That is their job.

YOu should read the founders as to the intent of "establishment of religion". It was not to keep the church outside of the state, but to protect the church from intrusion from the state and also to prohibit the establishment of a national church like European countries had.

So to enter a document that must be agreed to by local government to okay building a church building is illegal and against Christ? If the government allows all 501 3c entities tax exempt status and defined churches as 501 3c entities as well as numerous other entities you say that is illegal and against Christ?

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You do not know what a contract is, and should thus refrain from advising on the matter.

Contract /Con·tract´/ (kŏn·trăkt´), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Contracted; p. pr. & vb. n. Contracting.] [L. contractus, p. p. of contrahere to contract; con- + trahere to draw: cf. F. contracter. See Trace, and cf. Contract, n.]
1. To draw together or nearer; to reduce to a less compass; to shorten, narrow, or lessen; as, to contract one's sphere of action.

Dr. H. More.

Shak.
3. To bring on; to incur; to acquire; as, to contract a habit; to contract a debt; to contract a disease.

Pope.
Such behavior we contract by having much conversed with persons of high station.
Swift.

We have contracted an inviolable amity, peace, and lague with the aforesaid queen.
Hakluyt.
Many persons . . . had contracted marriage within the degrees of consanguinity . . . prohibited by law.
Strype.

Shak.
6. (Gram.) To shorten by omitting a letter or letters or by reducing two or more vowels or syllables to one.

Syn. -- To shorten; abridge; epitomize; narrow; lessen; condense; reduce; confine; incur; assume.

1. To be drawn together so as to be diminished in size or extent; to shrink; to be reduced in compass or in duration; as, iron contracts in cooling; a rope contracts when wet.

Wordsworth.
2. To make an agreement; to covenant; to agree; to bargain; as, to contract for carrying the mail.

Contract /Con·tract´/ (kŏn·trăkt´), a. [L. contractus, p. p.] Contracted; affianced; betrothed. [Obs.] Shak.

Contract /Con´tract/ (kŏn´trăkt), n. [L. contractus, fr. contrahere: cf. F. contrat, formerly also contract.]
1. (Law) The agreement of two or more persons, upon a sufficient consideration or cause, to do, or to abstain from doing, some act; an agreement in which a party undertakes to do, or not to do, a particular thing; a formal bargain; a compact; an interchange of legal rights. Wharton.

2. A formal writing which contains the agreement of parties, with the terms and conditions, and which serves as a proof of the obligation.

Longwellow.
Syn. -- Covenant; agreement; compact; stipulation; bargain; arrangement; obligation. See Covenant.
All those definitions do is prove a 501c3 is NOT a contract and you have zero, zip, nafa idea what you are talking about.

Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow what an amazing twisted highway you drove to get to your point!

Amendments to the Constitution that delete other parts of the Constitution are very very legal. The founders made it that way!

Laws that violate the Constitution are illegal and must be ruled so by the high court. That is their job.

YOu should read the founders as to the intent of "establishment of religion". It was not to keep the church outside of the state, but to protect the church from intrusion from the state and also to prohibit the establishment of a national church like European countries had.

So to enter a document that must be agreed to by local government to okay building a church building is illegal and against Christ? If the government allows all 501 3c entities tax exempt status and defined churches as 501 3c entities as well as numerous other entities you say that is illegal and against Christ?
I never said, nor even implied, that constitutional amendments were illegal: your statement is dismissive at best, and dishonest at worst.

The laws themselves demonstrate their intent, to state that they don't, is the required first step to perverting them.

My speaking is plain, and so are the laws of this land; therefore, any misunderstanding on your part, is completely out of my hands.

PS: Your questions do not follow from what I've actually said, but are rhetorical instead.

I don't have anything further to say, that I believe will better convey, the meaning of what I've already said.

I tried.

Goodbye.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never said, nor even implied, that constitutional amendments were illegal: your statement is dismissive at best, and dishonest at worst.

The laws themselves demonstrate their intent, to state that they don't, is the required first step to perverting them.

My speaking is plain, and so are the laws of this land; therefore, any misunderstanding on your part, is completely out of my hands.

PS: Your questions do not follow from what I've actually said, but are rhetorical instead.

(I don't have anything further to say that I believe will better convey, the meaning of what I've already said.)

I tried.

Goodbye.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your claims are false, and so are your allegations.

I cannot help you.

Goodbye.
Translation:
"I know you are but what am I?"
"I'm taking my ball and going home!"

This just perfectly demonstrates my first post on this subject... it only gets worse from here.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Dr. H. More.

Shak.

Pope.
Swift.

Hakluyt.
Strype.

Shak.

Wordsworth.

Longwellow.

Well teh first 3/4's is not contraact in a binding agreement but con'tract or to abate.

And a law written generically is not a contract between two parties, it is a law of a land!

• Agree
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

YOu said so in post #83

An amendment to the constitution is law! so if say that the 75% threshhold is met and free speech is dissolved, then that is the legal law of the land, for an amendment can overrule a prior amendment. Like prohibiton and its repeal!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't have anything further to say, that I believe will better convey, the meaning of what I've already said.

I tried.

Goodbye.

Well this is a blessing for all to be glad of! Bye Bye!

• Winner
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
YOu said so in post #83

An amendment to the constitution is law! so if say that the 75% threshhold is met and free speech is dissolved, then that is the legal law of the land, for an amendment can overrule a prior amendment. Like prohibiton and its repeal!
You've not understood me.

--prohibition was illegal, it's repeal was moot.

If congress can vote on whether or not they are breaking the law, then they are the law, and the constitution is void.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You've not understood me.

--prohibition was illegal, it's repeal was moot.

If congress can vote on whether or not they are breaking the law, then they are the law, and the constitution is void.

rohibition became legal when it became an amendment to the law of the land! Th eSupreme Court cannot declare the Constitution illegal!

Congress can vote to do anything it wishes. If it violates the law, then the courts step in and stop them!

That is known as the separation of powers. The legislative branch legislates and the judicial branch rules on whether the legislation is legal or not.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry to see such pessimism.

(This is also another example that serves to demonstrate that you've misunderstood me.)

I am supremely optimistic.! I think everyone here has understood you perfectly well.

• Agree
Upvote 0