Berlin
✟73,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Uproar after Mahmoud Abbas in Berlin accuses Israel of ’50 Holocausts’ | Mahmoud Abbas – News Monkey
50 holocausts - well, you cannot kill fifty times one third of a people, you can do this only three times (or, with some imprecision, perhaps four times, but definitely not more). So "50 holocausts" can only mean fifty times the same number, i.e. 300 million (or if we accept a slightly lower number of Jewish victims, more than 250 millions).

I never heard of 250 millions Palestinians killed - not even 25 millions or 2.5 millions, or just 250 thousands …

I'm abashed by the reaction of Scholz. According to his spokesperson, he said nothing because the press conference was closed, and he reprimanded the spokesperson for closing the press conderence so hastily. This is believable, it fits to the character (temperament) of Chancellor Scholz.

But why did he shake hands with Abbas? After such a statement by Abbas, there was plenty reason to refuse a handshake. There is no excuse not reacting immediately.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Uproar after Mahmoud Abbas in Berlin accuses Israel of ’50 Holocausts’ | Mahmoud Abbas – News Monkey
50 holocausts - well, you cannot kill fifty times one third of a people, you can do this only three times (or, with some imprecision, perhaps four times, but definitely not more). So "50 holocausts" can only mean fifty times the same number, i.e. 300 million (or if we accept a slightly lower number of Jewish victims, more than 250 millions).

I never heard of 250 millions Palestinians killed - not even 25 millions or 2.5 millions, or just 250 thousands …

I'm abashed by the reaction of Scholz. According to his spokesperson, he said nothing because the press conference was closed, and he reprimanded the spokesperson for closing the press conderence so hastily. This is believable, it fits to the character (temperament) of Chancellor Scholz.

But why did he shake hands with Abbas? After such a statement by Abbas, there was plenty reason to refuse a handshake. There is no excuse not reacting immediately.
During the Infitada, Palestinian suicide bombers were infiltrating Jewish areas and killing Jews. Israel did not respond with mass murder, but did build a defensive wall around the West Bank.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I would imagine that it would be 1/3 of the remaining populace, each time. But yeah, that seems a bit of an exaggeration.

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,237.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Muslim world is already jumping onto the bandwagon, as I've been presented with these "50 massacres" as an argument against "Israeli oppression" today on YouTube. Thinking for themselves is not their forte, unfortunately.

Nobody was able to name or list them though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well, I would imagine that it would be 1/3 of the remaining populace, each time. But yeah, that seems a bit of an exaggeration.
If we start from 10 Million Palestinians (definitely not to low a number), my pocket calculator tells me that after 50 such holocausts only about 0.016 persons would remain. To reduce 10 Millions to one person, 40 such "Holocausts" are enough. So 50 is definitely a bit exaggerated :-|

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If we start from 10 Million Palestinians (definitely not to low a number), my pocket calculator tells me that after 50 such holocausts only about 0.016 persons would remain. To reduce 10 Millions to one person, 40 such "Holocausts" are enough. So 50 is definitely a bit exaggerated :-|
Thanks for doing the math ^_^

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,765.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Within the culture and religion of Islam lying is a normal part of life.
Lying is one of the greatest sins in Islam.

"Avoid falsehood, for falsehood leads to wickedness, and wickedness to Hell; and if a man continues to speak falsehood and makes falsehood his object, he will be recorded in God's presence as a great liar. And adhere to the truth, for truth leads to good deeds, and good deeds lead to Paradise. If a man continues to speak the truth and makes truth his object, he will be recorded in God's presence as eminently truthful." (Sunan Abu Dawood vol. 3, no. 4971)

The following hadith says it is one of the greatest of sins.

"Beware I inform you regarding the greatest of the mortal sins: Associating anything with Allah, disobeying parents and lying!" (Wasaelush Shia)

• Informative
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lying is one of the greatest sins in Islam.

"Avoid falsehood, for falsehood leads to wickedness, and wickedness to Hell; and if a man continues to speak falsehood and makes falsehood his object, he will be recorded in God's presence as a great liar. And adhere to the truth, for truth leads to good deeds, and good deeds lead to Paradise. If a man continues to speak the truth and makes truth his object, he will be recorded in God's presence as eminently truthful." (Sunan Abu Dawood vol. 3, no. 4971)

The following hadith says it is one of the greatest of sins.

"Beware I inform you regarding the greatest of the mortal sins: Associating anything with Allah, disobeying parents and lying!" (Wasaelush Shia)

Lying is allowable towards non muslims if you perceive your life is under threat.

What the Koran says and what happens in society are two different things.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,765.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Lying is allowable towards non muslims if you perceive your life is under threat.
This is true. Below is the only verse found in the Qur'an that mentions lying as being acceptable and even then it is better to choose death rather than to lie as the Hadith below it states:

"As for anyone who denies God after having once attained to faith - and this, to be sure, does not apply to one who does it under duress, the while his heart remains true to his faith, but only, to him who willingly opens up his heart to a denial of the truth upon all such falls God's condemnation, and tremendous suffering awaits them" (Qur'an 16:106)

"There is a consensus that whomsoever is forced into apostasy and chooses death has a greater reward than a person who takes the license to deny one's faith under duress, but if a person is being forced to eat pork or drink wine, then they should do that instead of choosing death." (Sahih al-Bukhari)

What the Koran says and what happens in society are two different things.
This is also true, but to say in the culture and religion of Islam lying is a normal part of life would be wrong.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is true. Below is the only verse found in the Qur'an that mentions lying as being acceptable and even then it is better to choose death rather than to lie as the Hadith below it states:

"As for anyone who denies God after having once attained to faith - and this, to be sure, does not apply to one who does it under duress, the while his heart remains true to his faith, but only, to him who willingly opens up his heart to a denial of the truth upon all such falls God's condemnation, and tremendous suffering awaits them" (Qur'an 16:106)

"There is a consensus that whomsoever is forced into apostasy and chooses death has a greater reward than a person who takes the license to deny one's faith under duress, but if a person is being forced to eat pork or drink wine, then they should do that instead of choosing death." (Sahih al-Bukhari)

This is also true, but to say in the culture and religion of Islam lying is a normal part of life would be wrong.

Not really - the same apples to every religion, some societies are more corrupted than others.

Upvote 0