Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

About something I wrote on many moons ago. That is, the idea that for the Left there is no humanity, only demographic groups. And your value, your believability, your suffering, your place on the pyramid depends on if your demographic group is the group du jour or not. Which means is it the one, at this moment, most able to shoot holes in the heritage of the Western Tradition? I wrote about this little development within the Left some years ago. You can read it here.

Ms. Eden appears shocked that so many would accuse Israel of the hospital bombing. Heck, I'm shocked so few did. Jews are important for trotting out endless stories of antisemitism and Jewish hate throughout Western and American history. Ms. Eden herself has embarked on a crusade to focus on antisemitism in the Church, in our leaders, in our forebears, in anyone White, Christian, preferably male. To the Left, people like Ms. Eden, who are willing to keep the focus the West's sins, are the good Jews. Just like blacks who go all BLM or radical anti-patriarchal feminists. Anyone who helps tear down the foundations of the Christian Western Democratic tradition is A-OK.

Ah, but sticky point. Israel is seen as a love child of that vile imperialistic, colonizing West. In the minds of a growing number on the Left, the State of Israel is as bad as the Nazi Confederacy. Plus, being not Western means innocent, pure, virtuous, victim. Hence even our president is careful to say 'Bad boys you Hamas people' and insist Palestinians are not the problem. Despite Palestinian protests at best fully supporting and sanctioning what Hamas has done. At worst, they have made it clear they want to see more of it, with at least a couple such protests sporting signs along the lines of 'gas the Jews.' How many times that happened I don't know. The press has quickly stopped mentioning such things. Compare that to Charlottesville, which is still trotted out by the press at least every couple months as proof that defenders of America's heritage equal White Nationalist.

Of course it isn't as easy as 'bad Hamas, bad Israel, beautiful Palestinians'. A sane non-21st Century thinker would realize this taps into that ages old rift between Arabs and Jews that saw its own brand of bigotry and racism long before Bismarck decided to make Germany a thing. Instead, it's an inconvenient challenge to the narrative that, as bad as Hamas is, Israel and everyone in it is worse because of the evil West.

That is part of the overall narrative that Ms. Eden clearly accepts. If not about Israel, then about the unique and singular evils of anything west of the Urals. Despite accepting these narratives, she appears shocked that they are applied even when you think they shouldn't be. Like when more Jews were killed in a single day than any time since the Holocaust, yet let's just have a polite discussion and not jump to conclusions. Unless it's assuming Israel is the bad guy of course. If you live by the leftwing sword, be prepared to die by it when you or what you cherish is no longer convenient.

BTW, I was going to post a photo from one of the protests where the horrible 'gas the Jews' signs were held up. You know what? I searched hundreds of images in various news outlets and on Google, and could find none. The closest I came to anything suggesting it happened at all was this:

Continued below.