• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

5 things I need to work on...

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I thought it'd help me to list 5 things I need to work on this year:

1. My opinion of women in a dating context isn't the highest. I see women on dating sites that have been there for 6 years and reject 95+% of men. I have also been blocked by women and for no reason on there other than them deciding they didn't want to date me or they didn't want to be friends. But, I shouldn't let a few bad apples spoil the basket.

2. I need to put my disbelief of certain Bible stories behind me, like when the donkey spoke.

3. When I'm focused on something, I really really focus on it, and it gives me tunnel vision in a way.

4. I need to get over some of my "triggers". In fact, one of my "triggers" is witnessing other people crash and burn, so to speak.

5. I need to become more consistent and in everything.

Last edited:

Chance7

Jan 18, 2018
Northern Cambria
✟23,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought it'd help me to list 5 things I need to work on this year:

1. My opinion of women in a dating context isn't the highest. I see women on dating sites that have been there for 6 years and reject 95+% of men. I have also been blocked by women and for no reason on there other than them deciding they didn't want to date me or they didn't want to be friends. But, I shouldn't let a few bad apples spoil the basket.

2. I need to put my disbelief of certain Bible stories behind me, like when the donkey spoke.

3. When I'm focused on something, I really really focus on it, and it gives me tunnel vision in a way.

4. I need to get over some of my "triggers". In fact, one of my "triggers" is witnessing other people crash and burn, so to speak.

5. I need to become more consistent and in everything.
Well, first of all, I admire your honesty. I think that admitting you have a hard time with certain things is really a brave thing and a mature thing to do. I can definitely relate to the “tunnel vision” thing. Just keep focusing on what you need to improve on. I’m sure you will do great!

Upvote 0