• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

4th Day

meblonde

Oct 9, 2007
✟15,397.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are doing it, go girl! :clap:
I am in recovery also... You are almost 1/2 a month and it sounds like you have a great outlook too.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you Blessewe,,I'm trying to keep a good outlook on it.. Somedays it's hard.. I don't mean not to drink, but life in general.. some Days I don't even think about a drink. I give credit to the Jesus for that.. Now long for you??

12 days gone working on 13

Reactions: BlessEwe
Upvote 0

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Congrats on 12 days :clap:

I have 8 months. You already have (what they call a Higher Power) which is a very big plus. Without God I would be dead for sure.
I was taking xanax as well when the alcohol was not enough, satan had me in his cluches big time.

God pulled me out and I found myself in the hospital almost dead, I called 911 in a blackout ( I really think it was my guardian angel who called, I don't remember a thing) then off to the rehab for 30 day program. I am so Thankful to God.

I have been a christian for 20 years, addiction doesn't care who you are right. i was afraid to tell any christians except my one good friend. I will say there are many wonderful christians, and well sad to say some who judge too. God heard our prayers.

God has been tugging at my heart to go back to school to become a drug/alcohol counselor. I have been going now for 2 months and waiting on God to lead me where He wants me.

Addiction is not just drugs and alcohol like so many feel, but anything that takes our focus away from God is called a attachment or an addiction. The computer, food, gossip you name it.

Addiction and Grace is a excellent book if you are interested.

Have you been to any meetings yet? I find them to be very helpful and it is so important to get a good support group around you. I am sure you know when the stress hits satan is right there throwing things at you to use. God and my support group, and sponsor make me accountable and I have learned to ask for help.

Addiction is so powerful, and the mind can trick you so fast.

Well I am talking your eyes off... Haaaa

I am so looking forward to get to know you better sobriety Christian sister.

God Bless

Upvote 0

meblonde

Oct 9, 2007
✟15,397.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Congrats on 12 days :clap:

I have 8 months. You already have (what they call a Higher Power) which is a very big plus. Without God I would be dead for sure.
I was taking xanax as well when the alcohol was not enough, satan had me in his cluches big time.

God pulled me out and I found myself in the hospital almost dead, I called 911 in a blackout ( I really think it was my guardian angel who called, I don't remember a thing) then off to the rehab for 30 day program. I am so Thankful to God.

I have been a christian for 20 years, addiction doesn't care who you are right. i was afraid to tell any christians except my one good friend. I will say there are many wonderful christians, and well sad to say some who judge too. God heard our prayers.

God has been tugging at my heart to go back to school to become a drug/alcohol counselor. I have been going now for 2 months and waiting on God to lead me where He wants me.

Addiction is not just drugs and alcohol like so many feel, but anything that takes our focus away from God is called a attachment or an addiction. The computer, food, gossip you name it.

Addiction and Grace is a excellent book if you are interested.

Have you been to any meetings yet? I find them to be very helpful and it is so important to get a good support group around you. I am sure you know when the stress hits satan is right there throwing things at you to use. God and my support group, and sponsor make me accountable and I have learned to ask for help.

Addiction is so powerful, and the mind can trick you so fast.

Well I am talking your eyes off... Haaaa

I am so looking forward to get to know you better sobriety Christian sister.

God Bless

Awww thank you sooooooooo much you touched my heart.. I would like to get to know you better as well.. * months that is wonderful.. I know what you are saying about being a christian and still drinking. That is what I do/did too. And you are so right.. I think the devil makes it harder on people that are trying to follow God.. I'm so glad you called 911.. I often wonder why God keeps putting up with me. Thank God he never hardened my heart. I still wanted him even when I drank..
One thing that makes me ill to think about more than anything else is the time loss "DRUNK" family things etc..
Time in my life.. just plane growing old.. I wish I could take back time and say I quite 20 years ago.. But I can't.. I'm sure that is the devil pulling at me too. Making me feel guilt for time loss.

Thanks again.. and please stay in touch!

Upvote 0

footprints1973

He is carrying me....
May 27, 2007
Florida
✟8,724.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hi there, my name is Laura, just wanted to say hi :wave: and congratulations on all those days! You'll start to seem them add up fast. But it is really just one day a time for all of us....I am in recovery too, I have almost one year sober. I owe it ALL to the Lord.

Keep it up! I will pray for you....

God Bless,
Laura

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

meblonde

Oct 9, 2007
✟15,397.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi there, my name is Laura, just wanted to say hi :wave: and congratulations on all those days! You'll start to seem them add up fast. But it is really just one day a time for all of us....I am in recovery too, I have almost one year sober. I owe it ALL to the Lord.

Keep it up! I will pray for you....

God Bless,
Laura

Thank You laura.. and congrads on the almost a year.. Thanks for the hello.. Keep in touch! :)
Hugs..

13 days going working on 14.. :) Two weeks ago today. I drank.. I have not drank sence.. Thank You Lord!!!

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
am headin out the door to run downtown and do things but I would be remiss a a fellow recovering alcoholic if I didnt say again how tickled pink and red and green and blue and a buncha other colors about your sobriety!

will be back later to post a better reply.

Norm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.