SoCal
✟31,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, good luck. I've prayed about this and the answer was definitively that I am to put my trust in God for a wife, no debate about it.

It has brought up an interesting subject for me though, which I'm still trying to work out. I can't quite put my finger on why Christianity seems broken as is. I mean, look at our numbers. It's absolutely abysmal how we are declining in the Western world while Islam is exploding. Islam is comparatively functional whereas we appear to be a suicidal religion.

Ofc, that's not to say Christianity doesn't spread. It obviously did earlier in its history, and maybe there's something to be said about that -- we seem to be more geared toward persecution than otherwise, which is where Christianity always seemed to flourish, but in the first world that obviously becomes a challenge.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
we seem to be more geared toward persecution than otherwise

Studying the Bible carefully, the answer is leaning towards NO.

Gross misinterpretation of the Bible is what led Christianity to become group that welcomes persecution, oppression, and martyrdom with open arms which is horribly wrong. The false interpretation of Biblical teachings, depending blindly on English translations (not looking deeper into Greek and contextual meaning) have basically made us food and minions for the devil. Got to look carefully who's really giving you blessings, it is really God or the devil, most Christians are unable to tell it apart, as long as they're getting the goods, getting richer, they don't care.

The real Christianity are supposed to be sheep with teeth of iron and uses them to resist their persecutors. Wolves don't see them as easy prey.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Studying the Bible carefully, the answer is leaning towards NO.

Gross misinterpretation of the Bible is what led Christianity to become group that welcomes persecution, oppression, and martyrdom with open arms which is horribly wrong. The false interpretation of Biblical teachings, depending blindly on English translations (not looking deeper into Greek and contextual meaning) have basically made us food and minions for the devil. Got to look carefully who's really giving you blessings, it is really God or the devil, most Christians are unable to tell it apart, as long as they're getting the goods, getting richer, they don't care.
The church of the Third Century would take exception to that.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The church of the Third Century would take exception to that.

It's a huge tragedy. But it is what it is. Lots of things don't make sense in our religion not because we lack wisdom but because many interpretations don't agree with the Bible itself.

It not enough to read the Bible plainly, you have to go deeper, understand the historical and cultural context and even study the original language.

Many are leaving the religion. Until, we acknowledge these mistakes and correct them accordingly, God Himself will draw people out.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

christiansoccerplayer

Aug 6, 2013
✟46,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So I read and posted in the other thread, and thought to make one as well.
My most recent attempt at dating i tried using a dating app earlier this year. Though I've tried this a few times in the past and wasn't successful, a friend suggested I try again as he was doing the same at the time. He was able to find someone eventually though they live very far away, but for me it was another failed attempt as I wasn't getting anywhere even though I kept at it for a decent amount of time.
So long story short I have almost no actual experience at dating and have never been in a serious relationship despite being 41 years old.
In the same boat as you except I am 43. And looking through some of the other threads in the singles forum, i am surprised ANYBODY gets married; singleness seems to be exalted above God Himself.....

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In the same boat as you except I am 43. And looking through some of the other threads in the singles forum, i am surprised ANYBODY gets married; singleness seems to be exalted above God Himself.....

I've thought about what you said...and I'm still single:doh:

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am 30 & never dated at all. It's interesting to me people either get relationships so easy or nothing at all. It's like people are either selected to date or they are not. Sometimes I get an inferiority complex as a result.

Last edited:
Upvote 0