40 Days of Purpose

Do you know about the 40 Days of Purpose Crusade?

• Yes my church is doing the 40 days of Purpose

• No my church is not doing the 40 Days of Purpose

• I don't know wether or not my church is doing the crusade

• My church is not but I know churches in my area that are.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
I often get church news letters in the mail and recently received two talking about a revial or crusade which is "sweeping the nation". One of the fliers offers a free book The Purpose Driven Life for those who attend Oct 5. My mothers church is also doing the same thing I believe begining Oct 5. As far as I know my church is not. I was wondering how much this is sweeping the nation so decided to post a poll. Please if your church is part of the 40 Days of Purpose and you have information let us know what it is about. The churches I know about are non-denomination/Luthern, non-denomination and Baptist. I am curious as to wether the Catholic Church and other denominations are having this crusade.

Thanks.

Love and God Bless,

Messenger :)

forgivin

Christian, Gamer, DJ
Oct 6, 2003
Atlanta,GA. (Snellville)/ Tulsa, OK
Visit site
✟8,129.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
My church started it last week, but I didn't go. I went today and got the book. Our Sunday school class is in on it too. From what we did in class and service this is awesome. Our Sunday school is watching the videos. I like it. I saw some other churches in my town are doing it too.

Upvote 0

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although not many churches in SA (That I know of) are working through it. A LOT of individuals are doing it - my wife & I included!.

We are really enjoying it - some of the chapters have taken us more than a day or two to work through however.

Upvote 0

themuzicman

Oct 1, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟16,385.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
We just got done with it.

I can't say that I disagree with the purpose or message of the book, but Pastor Warren really need to go back to hermeneutics class. I found his handling of scripture to be horrendous. (He refers to 6 scriptures in the first chapter. 5 are taken way out of context.)

Unfortunately, I found myself reading with a very critical eye, rather than a learning one.

Michael

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.