✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not a write off!!

Luke 1:36 “Your Cousin Elisabeth has conceived in her old age: with her who was called BARREN, for with God nothing shall be impossible”

How many people have deemed us “Barren” oh he or she wont get anyone now, its too late for them. They are the unclaimed treasures in the church. They have had there chance now its too late.
I have had that said to me “ You have had your chance”

This verse really encouraged me, because we are in the eyes of some “Barren” in other words NO hope for them!
But look when there is no hope in our eyes, and people say “there hopes gone” well its not!

Zachariah had prayed many years for a child and the angel said “Your prayer has been heard” Yes!! It was a delayed prayer, and when all hope seemed to be gone, God stepped in and not only this in v58, Others “REJOICED” with her (and him).

God is so kind, people may write us off (we older ones) but God doesn’t and His plans are spot on. Its just when your are down and weeping that the hope tends to fade.
So be encouraged God is with you.

Also God is counting all your prayers He said to Cornelius “YOUR PRAYERS have been heard and your good works” God sent an angel to tell him that. Daniel to was three weeks of hunger and trial but God heard him the 1st time he prayed but the delay was there because of the enemy. Hope you are blest today. In pain or joy do not give up.

Upvote 0

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isa 30:18 And yet the LORD is waiting to be merciful to you. He is ready to take pity on you because he always does what is right. Happy are those who put their trust in the LORD.

It hurts for us to wait, and often we want to take things into our own hands because we have so much pain with waiting. But the Lord wants us to rely on Him and not seek a quick fix. May we have the strength and courage and faitht o wait for a real blessing that will last.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
This verse really encouraged me, because we are in the eyes of some “Barren” in other words NO hope for them!
But look when there is no hope in our eyes, and people say “there hopes gone” well its not!

God is so kind, people may write us off (we older ones) but God doesn’t and His plans are spot on. Its just when your are down and weeping that the hope tends to fade.
So be encouraged God is with you.

Hey John,
What an awesome and encoraging post! I must say that I have felt that my life has been a little barren at the moment. There is not much good going on here in Vietnam and I have faced a lot of trials and temptation. Unfortunately, I have not always overcome which in turn has led me down the barren/empty road. What am I doing here? What is the point of all of this? Is there really a higher purpose to all of this? Have I just made the worst mistake of my life? All these questions remind just how much I am not doing and not living. All the dreams that are yet to be fulfilled... My hope is slowly eroding to reveal a desert of longing ....

But your post reminded me that it is not that I am barren but that I think I am. You see, God has wonderful plans for me and my life (and yours as well) but I am too busy telling myself that my life is barren to notice them and do something about it. God is with me. True, not everything is as I had planned it and I do not have control over a lot of things in my life. But I control my attitude and how I see my life. Maybe I should start looking at it as a little less barren and a little more filled. It won't stop the trials and temptations but it may enable me to overcome them a little more gracefully.

Thanks again John for the wonderful message.
:hug:

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It hurts for us to wait, and often we want to take things into our own hands because we have so much pain with waiting. But the Lord wants us to rely on Him and not seek a quick fix. May we have the strength and courage and faitht o wait for a real blessing that will last.

Now those are words that I definately needed to hear. Yes, waiting is something I am completely hopeless at but I guess there is a time to learn everything so now would be a good time. It is time to wait for my Lord to deliver His promises to me. His word and promise is my strength, there is nothing I need to do.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Try It Another Way.

John 21:6 "And he said to them, Let down the net on the right side of the boat and you will get some"

Peter was coming from a fruitless night of fishing and he knew the best places to fish and the conditions. Jesus says go back again and throw your net on the other side.

Peter said "Lord its a waste of time, i know what’s best in these waters" but Jesus do it again but this time throw your net on the RIGHT side of the boat. Peter thought NO WAY will I catch anything, but O.K. Lord because you asked I will do so. He obeyed and wow what a catch.

May be we have been trying to meet our needs which are right but in the wrong way. God may be saying "Try it a different way" Try it my way that is try it even in an illogical way. We may feel that we should give up on a situation but God may say TRY AGAIN but MY WAY and METHOD and TIME. Go on try.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We believe God can do anything, He created man and woman, time and space, holds all things together. Yet we perhaps look aqt our selves and think "can God really bring someone into my life who will just suit me"? I mean I have met so many people and yet none I feel that "Bond or closeness or oneness with". The answer is YES God is able to do this. If He wanted He could even create someone!!! ridiculous?? Why should it be?? He created us to start with. Sure it isnt likely to happen but He does have the power doesnt He? Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not incline to youre own understanding / logic" :) John

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Single people very often have unique trials that pertain to being single. The pain of loneliness, helplessness, despare etc. But if it were not a trial of being single. there would be another trial of some sort. We cannot escape these. may the word below help us all.

1Peter 1:6
“Be glad about this, even though it may now be necessary for you to be sad for a while because of the many kinds of trials you suffer”
Here we see the control of God in our lives, the fact that TRIALS do not hit us for no apparent reason nor just for the sake of it. Some times God seems it to be necessary for us to go through trials. God says its is necessary for you to go through these for the moment, but be GLAD about this, because of what will be accomplished in verse 8.
Another key verse is sad for a while these words hold such hope that our trial will NOT LAST but be only for a while. Even if they are many, they will only last a while, before happiness comes again.
The hardest thing is Be glad about this we naturally feel, sad, hurt, despairing, without hope, forgotten by God, fearful, sense injustice etc.
Being glad doesn’t we run around shouting yippee, but rather we acknowledge that God is in control and does care about us and that His time is perfect for blessing and deliverance.
Though we may sigh and grieve yet deep within we know we shall in time be raised up and blest by God who does care. The sadness I feel today, the things that haven’t worked out as I hoped, the plans that didn’t go to plan etc are allowed by God as necessary thing for us today. The results are being sad for a while but the blessing will come again. In our sad times we need to sit down and in our hurt and hopelessness recall the good times and give thanks to God. Praise is powerful and necessary.

Reactions: Thunder Peel
Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Single people very often have unique trials that pertain to being single. The pain of loneliness, helplessness, despare etc. But if it were not a trial of being single. there would be another trial of some sort. We cannot escape these. may the word below help us all.

1Peter 1:6
“Be glad about this, even though it may now be necessary for you to be sad for a while because of the many kinds of trials you suffer”
Here we see the control of God in our lives, the fact that TRIALS do not hit us for no apparent reason nor just for the sake of it. Some times God seems it to be necessary for us to go through trials. God says its is necessary for you to go through these for the moment, but be GLAD about this, because of what will be accomplished in verse 8.
Another key verse is sad for a while these words hold such hope that our trial will NOT LAST but be only for a while. Even if they are many, they will only last a while, before happiness comes again.
The hardest thing is Be glad about this we naturally feel, sad, hurt, despairing, without hope, forgotten by God, fearful, sense injustice etc.
Being glad doesn’t we run around shouting yippee, but rather we acknowledge that God is in control and does care about us and that His time is perfect for blessing and deliverance.
Though we may sigh and grieve yet deep within we know we shall in time be raised up and blest by God who does care. The sadness I feel today, the things that haven’t worked out as I hoped, the plans that didn’t go to plan etc are allowed by God as necessary thing for us today. The results are being sad for a while but the blessing will come again. In our sad times we need to sit down and in our hurt and hopelessness recall the good times and give thanks to God. Praise is powerful and necessary.
I needed to hear this today..

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trusting God in the hurting times.

Act 27:23 “For this night there came to my side an angel of the God who is my Master and whose servant I am”

A group of teenagers went camping in hills as part of team building session. One of the lads was quite scared but still went along.
During the night the weather turned rough and gale and rain blew up.
The lad spend the whole night in fear and misery. Little did he know that his father had come along as well and had camped over the other side of the hill. Through the night he would come and stand out side the tent just in case things got really bad.
In the morning he told his son this to which he replied “if only I knew I wouldn’t have worried and I could have enjoyed the night”

Often for single people there is a deep inner pain of wanting to belong to someone, to talk heart to heart and care and cherish someone.
This storm of hurt and pain begins to consume in such a way that the person cannot enjoy the “now time” experience of life.
They fear the future and that they are destine for misery or singleness. But all the time the Father was and is outside of the tent just watching and ready to help when things get bad.

It is good thing to know that God does care about the pain singles feel, and although you may not feel that He is near the fact is that He is very near and just ready to step when needed.

Do not let your life be so consumed by the desire for a spouse and close friend to such away that one day you say “I wish I had made the most of life, if I knew the good He had planned for me I would have enjoyed the now time more”.
Have a blest day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Do not let your life be so consumed by the desire for a spouse and close friend to such away that one day you say “I wish I had made the most of life, if I knew the good He had planned for me I would have enjoyed the now time more”.
Have a blest day.

Hey John,

Excellent response again! You know there is so much time we consume wanting and desiring that we forget just how good our life actually is. It is funny really. We are so desperate to have one thing that we forget all the other things we do have!

My pastor was talking this last week about our values. The things we value the most are the things that we spend time doing and thinking about it. I got a little shock when I calculated up my thoughts and time to see what I actually focus on. Above all else of course would be work. It consumes most of my time and thoughts but what else? I am ashamed to admit but there is not much more. For all the things I want to do and all the things I should be thinking about, I do precious little.

So what now? My life has become so consumed with desires or thoughts that are not helpful that I really do need a change. I know that God is helping me change and slowly I am seeing a clear way through all of this. Now I don't know what God has in store for my future but I know that my life needs to reflect the things that I value now - not just when I have all that I desire (lose 10 kilos, have the dream job, own a house, marry the man of my dreams...). I may be blest one day to marry and have children of my own but until then I am going to live a valuable and wonderful life in my Lord.

God bless

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey John,

Excellent response again! You know there is so much time we consume wanting and desiring that we forget just how good our life actually is. It is funny really. We are so desperate to have one thing that we forget all the other things we do have!

My pastor was talking this last week about our values. The things we value the most are the things that we spend time doing and thinking about it. I got a little shock when I calculated up my thoughts and time to see what I actually focus on. Above all else of course would be work. It consumes most of my time and thoughts but what else? I am ashamed to admit but there is not much more. For all the things I want to do and all the things I should be thinking about, I do precious little.

So what now? My life has become so consumed with desires or thoughts that are not helpful that I really do need a change. I know that God is helping me change and slowly I am seeing a clear way through all of this. Now I don't know what God has in store for my future but I know that my life needs to reflect the things that I value now - not just when I have all that I desire (lose 10 kilos, have the dream job, own a house, marry the man of my dreams...). I may be blest one day to marry and have children of my own but until then I am going to live a valuable and wonderful life in my Lord.

God bless

Hello Evie :) well you are so right. If we can enjoy the Lord Jesus now while we are single (even though we desire to be married) how much more will the blessing be wonderful when it does happen! The enemy wants to rob us of the joy of the Lord and make us think thta happiness is only a dear spouse. Sure its a precious thing to want, but Jesus first then ALL will be added :) take care;):hug: john

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Suddenly All Change.

Genesis 41:14 “Then Pharaoh sent for Joseph, and they took him quickly out of prison; and when his hair had been cut and his dress changed, he came before Pharaoh”

There was Joseph still in prison. There was hope of deliverance two years ago but it all fell flat. He would have gone to sleep praying about this fantastic opening to via the butler but days became weeks and months became years. Now he is trying to make the most of the situation that he is in, honouring God where he could.

Suddenly a rattle at the doors of the prison and guards come in and I expect quite politely say to him, you must have a wash and shave, Pharaoh wants to see you.
What a story of Suddenly glorious deliverance, there he is in prison and a slave and within hours he is president with power!

Could that be you today? Feel like you are in prison with no hope in site? Sure you may have had hope in the past but now it is all gone. The dream has faded and the hopes gone.
But listen within minutes your whole life could change with new a beginning and new blessings.

The key thing is make the most of now and serve God and in time He will see your humble spirit and lift you up. You could be talking to your future spouse within minutes!

Upvote 0

mustang333

Apr 15, 2005
✟15,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Suddenly All Change.

Genesis 41:14 “Then Pharaoh sent for Joseph, and they took him quickly out of prison; and when his hair had been cut and his dress changed, he came before Pharaoh”

Man I love that story. It is really hard to imagine things being rough for not just weeks or months, but years. It's mysterious how we never know when God is gonna show up. It could be tommarow or 6 months down the road. It really comes down to faith, like whether or not we believe God is with us and has a plan for us even when we have been in "prison" for two years. I've heard it said in two particular instances (so I know it was kinda a message from God cuz it was reiterated to me) that we should just take life a day at a time when we can't see the end in sight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ripe Time for Harvest

John 2:4 “Jesus said to her, Woman, this is not your business; my time is still to come”Every experience in life will only happen when the time is RIPE.
The Lord Jesus knew that His time had not yet come, His time was at the cross . But not only this His time for being revealed did not come into He was 30 years old.
The time for HARVEST and that RIPE time did not occur until first a man named John went ahead and prepared the way.For us whether we are waiting for a potential spouse or some other event in our life, there has first to be a ripe season for us.
The harvest is not gathered until it is really ripe. The farmer may have anxiously gone into the fields and seen it so near ready but not quite. He may have been worried because the weather was soon going to change but it could not be harvested until it was RIPE.We are the ones that have to wait for the ripe season when we are ready to reap the harvest of our lives trials. We may see someone we like but unless it is the ripe season we will only fail in trying to reap before its ready. We may feel that we will miss the good opportunity if we do not reap now, but we would only reap a poor harvest unripe and unready to yield a blessing.
The Lord is faithful and if the Jesus had to wait for the time to reap the harvest in His ministry how much more should we?

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Try It Another Way.

John 21:6 "And he said to them, Let down the net on the right side of the boat and you will get some"Peter was coming from a fruitless night of fishing and he knew the best places to fish and the conditions. Jesus says go back again and throw your net on the other side.Peter said "Lord its a waste of time, i know what’s best in these waters" but Jesus do it again but this time throw your net on the RIGHT side of the boat. Peter thought NO WAY will I catch anything, but O.K. Lord because you asked I will do so. He obeyed and wow what a catch. May be we have been trying to meet our needs which are right but in the wrong way. God may be saying "Try it a different way" Try it my way that is try it even in an illogical way. We may feel that we should give up on a situation but God may say TRY AGAIN but MY WAY and METHOD and TIME. Go on try.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Dead Hopes ???

John 11:39 “Jesus said, Take away the stone. Martha, the sister of him who was dead, said, Lord, by this time the body will be smelling, for he has been dead four days”
Last night I was thinking of what to write today. Well I thought of the helpless state of past situations in my life. You see there are times when the situation seems hopeless that we are praying about, yet deep down there is some hope.

Lazarus was dead but he had only just died, so Jesus could raise a dead person. Jesus could raise and turn around a dead situation.

But then dead becomes deader than dead as regards hope not only hope of a miracle had gone but also now the body was decaying. I mean that was just beyond hope now.
Well I have situations in my life that were once just hopeless or dead, but now they have gone to “decay” they are beyond or help as it seems.

Yet with God this is not so, and even from the ashes of impossibility there is till hope with God. All I need to say is “Lord the situation is beyond or hope, yet with you that can be changed, so please help me just to believe that”

Upvote 0