Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Thoughts that have coem to me over two weeks. I am constantly hearing this verse in my mind "Did I not say that if you were to believe you would see the glory of God" In other words all hope for you has humnay gone, but still trust in Me and I will show you my great power to provide and do far above all you can imagine.

Yes, John that is true. At the moment my life seems to be a complicated mess! Actually that is all the time! lol

But in all that is going on I see the glory of God. I am finally finished my application to Vietnam and have sent for my visa. It has been a struggle but I know that I will see God's glory in this. Yes, it was not my plan but God has some wonderfully awesome plans for me! God is going to provide for me in a mainly communist country. I have no idea about churches and I have no plans other than letting God control all of this. Not easy as anyone has been talking with me the last couple of weeks would know. But I have a peace and happiness knowing that I have done the right thing in this.

God bless and thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Evie, your taking a big leap of faith and God will not let your fall splat on the ground. Those who seek to trust in Him will be rewarded and honoured,, you have been through a tough time and your love and spiritual life will soon be entering a new phase of blessing, just wait youre see! take care John

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Evie, your taking a big leap of faith and God will not let your fall splat on the ground. Those who seek to trust in Him will be rewarded and honoured,, you have been through a tough time and your love and spiritual life will soon be entering a new phase of blessing, just wait youre see! take care John

Thank you John. Yes, it has been hard but I am already starting to see God's work at hand. My school is starting to prepare what I need and I am starting to prepare myself. It is amwazing how God has worked through all of this. I have had so many false starts, so many broken dreams, so many moments of anguish but God has used them all so that I may be able to see His will in my life. No, it isn't easy to give up what you want but God's blessings are surrounding me now and I know that there is going to be some glorious times ahead.

Thank you John, as always, for you kind words and encouragements. I always pray that God will provide for all your needs and that His blessing will flow through your life. You are a wonderful friend and a dedicated man of the Lord.

God bless

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
David said "My God my God why have you left me"? Wel lthe Lord hadnt left him but rather was testing him with silence. Its hard to wait around for things to happen you want to happen, even more so when time is passing you by and others seem to fall into blessing without hardly asking. But God does care, and the next era and stage in our lives will be revealed to us in time. The thing is to wait for He to open the door and not for us to force it open and the have apart blessing instead. Unripe fruit never tastes so nice.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
David said "My God my God why have you left me"? Wel lthe Lord hadnt left him but rather was testing him with silence. Its hard to wait around for things to happen you want to happen, even more so when time is passing you by and others seem to fall into blessing without hardly asking. But God does care, and the next era and stage in our lives will be revealed to us in time. The thing is to wait for He to open the door and not for us to force it open and the have apart blessing instead. Unripe fruit never tastes so nice.

Your right John. It is hard not to force the door open. There were lots of doors that just didn't open for me. I tried and some I even forced just a little to see where they would end up but in the end all of them failed. Trust me when I say what I am doing now is not what I had anticipated for my life. Far from it. But God is good and gracious and at the moment I am still in my waiting time. The Lord God knows the desires of my heart but He also knows that there are things that I need to do before I can do that. So He is, in everything, preparing me for that. Is it easy to let go of your dreams and work at other things? No. Is it easy to go live somewhere where you didn't want to go? No. Is it easy to make new friends and start again in the world? No. But in all of this there are lessons that I need to learn and there is only one way to learn - to follow God.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 43:18​
Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing, now it springs up and do you not percieve it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the waste land.​

I think Evie this is the verse for you! What is past is past God is making a new way for you and because you are following He will bless you far above all you can imagine. The same applies in situations in my life to :)

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 43:18​

Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing, now it springs up and do you not percieve it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the waste land.

I think Evie this is the verse for you! What is past is past God is making a new way for you and because you are following He will bless you far above all you can imagine. The same applies in situations in my life to :)

You are right John. What is past is past and I am looking forward to a glorious future. I am coming to realise that I have to make some decisions in regards to where I want my life to head and where I believe God is calling me. It is not easy but I know that the Lord is with me in all of this.

At the moment there are a lot of things tying me down and distracting me from where God is leading me. So many doors have opened now that it is too late and I have made a decision. Isn't it funny that way? You get offered the perfect job after you have accepted another one? Even England has now been offering me a job which I wanted so badly not so long ago... But I know God is in all of this and He knew what I was going to do before I did it. He knew the choices that I had and enabled me to make this one. Yes, it is difficult to stay true to my word when what I want is right in front of me. But it is so easy to get lost in our own desires. It is easy to get lost in the things that we want rather than in God's word.

So yes, the past is the past and I know that I am starting to see streams in the desert. That there are springs of hope for me and although this may not be exactly the path I wanted to take (I do prefer the easy road like everyone else) I know that it is the path I need to take.

Thank you John for an awesome Bible verse yet again! It is time to change my signature!

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"With God it is possible"

You see someone and the enemy says "they will never want you, or it would never work or they arent your age or they are not suitable" We are tempted to shelve the idea there and then. But God steps into our thoughts... and yes it may seem hopeless but GOD IS ABLE if He wants to make it work. Thats all that matters God is able.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mat 14:28 Then Peter spoke up. “Lord, if it is really you, order me to come out on the water to you.”

The Storm that brings us actually nearer to Jesus, Peace, Hope and Comfort.
At times we undergo great distress. may be as you read this you are going through GREAT DISTRESSING times, and you feel life is almost too much to bear. Things seem to get worse even though you prayer more and give more to God.
Peter learnt a valuable lesson, you see the storm was around him, and he was afraid, but the ONLY WAY to get CLOSER to Jesus was to FACE the STORM head on. He got out of the boat (the comfort and security he did have) and walked by faith trusting Jesus to look after him through this storm.
The Lord did so according to his faith.
But listen BEST of all, the Storm actually brought Peter closer to Jesus. Instead of being scared and beaten down by the trial of his faith, he moved forward and got closer to Jesus, he walked into the storm into Jesus arms.
If today you are in a storm, try and USE the STORM for YOUR GOOD and allow it to bring you closer to Jesus.
Then at the right time the storm will totally end.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psa 107:9​
For he satisfies the longing soul and fills the hungry soul with goodness​
Are you tired and happiness again? The Lord is the one to give us that deep inner joy we need when we feel so weary of life. Darkness and despare may be near by but there is hope with Jesus. Just cry in His presence He will heal and restore and free from fear and gloom. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God really does do FAR ABOVE WHAT WE CAN ASK OR IMAGINE.
Over the last few months the Lord has actually answered this Promise 3 times. The past week I was at a childrens christian camp and the Lord did so for me again. For those of you who have not has this much before do not lose heart but keep asking for the Lord delights to suprise us with amazing things.

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi there. :wave:I'm new to this thread. Just found it actually. And, was browsing through it..I love what you say here. I'm still thinking about it..
and probably will all day. :)

I'm going through a big change in my life. Left the church I've attended for years, 10 years actually, left old friends (no longer friends), and a job, started college again, and more than I could think right now. The past 2 to 3 years have been extremely trying for me, and all been leading up to this place I believe, and its still not over. But, because of all the disappointments, the hurt, the broken dreams, my heart seems to be, well, not cold, but sometimes I wonder if it's in there? I think I have a wall around it right now, so I won't be hurt anymore. I no longer enjoy the things I used to, love to watch birds, and garden, and I did NOTHING like that this year.
lol, I know you all don't know me from Adam, but maybe I can find something here to help me through this phase of my life, and make some new friends..

God bless, and thank you for this thread.
Jere:hug:

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Over the last few months the Lord has actually answered this Promise 3 times. The past week I was at a childrens christian camp and the Lord did so for me again. For those of you who have not has this much before do not lose heart but keep asking for the Lord delights to suprise us with amazing things.
I know this in my head, but in my heart, I am afraid, truly afraid, I no longer believe it. :( At least for myself. I know ALL of God's promises are yes and amen in Christ Jesus, but I feel I am so far away from Him and do not know how to get through the broken muddle of tears and muck that seems to separate Him from me. Yet again, I know that He has not left, it is me that holds myself back. But, if I let go and cry about this whole past 2 years I will never stop crying. And, I have no one to cry to or talk to in real life. That's the sad part. I know God is there for me to do so, but I have no friends in real life. They're gone. God has stripped me of my old ones, and looking back, none of them really encouraged me. This has been coming for a long time, and I finally had the courage to step away from them. (you'd have to read my 3 entry blog to kind of get the picture :) ) But, to walk the road alone with no encouragement is really tough. We all need someone to walk with us, to help when we fall, even scripture says that.
So, anyway, sorry about letting that out there..

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this in my head, but in my heart, I am afraid, truly afraid, I no longer believe it. :( At least for myself. I know ALL of God's promises are yes and amen in Christ Jesus, but I feel I am so far away from Him and do not know how to get through the broken muddle of tears and muck that seems to separate Him from me. Yet again, I know that He has not left, it is me that holds myself back. But, if I let go and cry about this whole past 2 years I will never stop crying. And, I have no one to cry to or talk to in real life. That's the sad part. I know God is there for me to do so, but I have no friends in real life. They're gone. God has stripped me of my old ones, and looking back, none of them really encouraged me. This has been coming for a long time, and I finally had the courage to step away from them. (you'd have to read my 3 entry blog to kind of get the picture :) ) But, to walk the road alone with no encouragement is really tough. We all need someone to walk with us, to help when we fall, even scripture says that.
So, anyway, sorry about letting that out there..

I know how you feel. I have had many many years without anyone close to encourage me (face to face close) its hard but my love for Jesus and closeness to him is often intense and heavenly because of it. The days of BLESSING must come as sure as a long winter cannot stop the coming spring!

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

You are right again John. God has made a lot of promises in my life at the moment and I am really excited about many of them. God has bigger plans than I could possibly imagine or hope for my time here in Vietnam. It seems so strange that a couple of weeks ago I was so worried about the move here and now I am here and hiding things are not so hard. God has been so good and gracious in all of this!

God bless :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was browsing through this thread a few days ago and it was actually one of the things that really inspired me to join this forum. I'm amazed at the maturity and encouragement of the members here and the deep insights and studies that are constantly going on. I just wanted to state how truly impressive it is.:)

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those Lost Years Will Be Restored.

Joel 2:25 “And I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten”

There are many people who have had years as it were robbed from them or kept back from them. Often times for no fault of their own. Hannah was robbed of years waiting for a child. Sarah and Abraham were robbed of years and their youth to enjoy a son. Joseph was robbed of his youthful years and I could go on.

For some single people there is a sense of “I have lost out whilst others were being blest” I have been robbed of the “wife / husband of my youth”. The truth is you have missed out on those years, but the good news is that God has the power to condense down those lost years and give you a very rich fewer years. This is rather like taking a micro gram of essence from a fragrant plant each month and then given you a whole litre of it in one go!

God is faithful and He will condense down those lost years and make what time you have left the more richer and fuller than it would have been for many married years.

These words are faithful and true and from Gods word. Believe them and you will be established.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Short study for those who have been waiting a long time.

The Best Saved To Last
John 2:1-10.
Here we shall look at the thoughts of the Lord saving the best to last. We shall see that time makes no difference and the quality of the Gods gifts more than make up for what we have long waited for while others have received their blessings early on.
1. When ever God gives a blessing it is a “Full Blessing” and totally the best that He can give.
2. The blessing and the BEST only came after the inferior had gone.
3. Concerning the BEST God will always give 100% the VERY BEST.
4. The natural weakness of man could not “nullify” the taste of new blessing.
5. The quality of the blessing was richer at the end than at the start.
6. They had to do things a certain way to get the blessing.
The Crisis.
Wine had run out, and this would have been a disaster at a wedding. God allowed this to happen so that His power could be shown through Jesus.
The Solution.
John 2:5 “His mother said to the servants, Whatever he says to you, do it”
The first thing to be done to receive a blessing was simply to be in Gods will and do what the Lord says.
To receive a blessing means we need to be close to Jesus as these people were. Our closeness is by faith but theirs was by sight.
The Method.
John 2:6 “Now six pots of stone, every one taking two or three firkins of water, were placed there for the purpose of washing, as is the way of the Jews. Jesus said to the servants, Make the pots full of water. And they made them full to the top”
The solution involved doing some that for them didn’t make sense. They needed wine and yet they were told to spend time and effort in filling 6 large clay pots with ordinary water. The pots were large and contained about 20-30 gallons all of which had to be got from the well.
One could well imagine that there were a number people think or even saying “what’s the point” we need wine not water.
God will test our trust in Him and ask us at times to do things in illogical ways but His was will be the way of blessing. We need to be aware that God will perhaps ask us do things that do not seem to make sense, and we must accept this.
The Act of Faith.
John 2:8 “Then he said to them, Now take some, and give it to the master of the feast. So they took it to him”
Here we have the test of faith. I am sure that the servants looked into the pots and saw just water. Only when they took the water in the jugs and actually began to pour it did the water suddenly become wine.
The same illustration can be used of Peter. The water looked like sinking water before he walked to Jesus, but as soon as he stepped out in faith and trusted the Lord, Jesus made the water solid under his feet.
We need to be sure that what we think God is asking us to do really is of God and not our selves. Once we do we can expect the miracle.
The Blessing.
John 2:10 “And said to him, Every man first puts out his best wine and when all have had enough he puts out what is not so good; but you have kept the good wine till now”
1. When ever God gives a blessing it is a “Full Blessing” and totally the best that He can give.
The blessing of God is 100% ALL that He can give. There is not 1% lacking in the quality of the blessing that we would have hoped for.
The wedding guest expected the wine just to be ordinary wine but Jesus made the wine the BEST.
He could have just turned the water into wine and every one would have been happy, and that would have been a miracle. No He can only give the BEST because He is God and it is in His very nature to give the best in any situation that we ask Him in prayer for.
God CANNOT give SECOND BEST to those who love and seek His ways and will.
If Jesus has turned the water into wine at the beginning of the feast before it even started it would have been the same 100% BEST as it was at the end.
2. The blessing and the BEST only came after the inferior had gone. God could not give the BEST until the natural resources and hope had all but gone. Abraham only received the best when the natural resources of a blessing had gone. Natural resources be denied us doesn’t always mean some extremity of health or age etc. No it could be the giving up of all self hope and effort and a dependence upon God to do what we cannot.
3. Concerning the BEST God will always give 100% the VERY BEST.
But it is for us to be 100% sure that we are actually doing / being in His will to receive the BEST. God will give us the best, but we must make sure we do not hurry His will and choose for our selves the second best.
There must be a hunger for Gods will and His best in our lives. A real desire to have what He wants for us and a real desire to want Him to be happy to share our blessing with Him.
4.The natural weakness of man could not “nullify” the taste of new blessing.
We may tend to think that we are too old to enjoy the blessing or that we have lost our health in the waiting or that the best years have gone. Yet to God this is not an issue. Abraham and Sarah were well passed the age of “enjoying the blessing of children” and certainly past the “strength” to enjoy raising a child. Yet God gave them both the ABILITY and POWER and JOY to be able to enjoy that blessing. Age could not “nullify” the blessing. The richness of it was as full for them as a young couple.
If the BEST is to come later in life then the TASTE of it will be the RICHEST as if it were at the start.
For the some the BEST comes early to them but for others it comes later. Each will have the same blessing and richness, but those who receive it late are very likely to have it condensed down into a richer shorter period.
5. The quality of the blessing was richer at the end than at the start.
This principle applies to all Christian life! If we seek to follow God and do His will and try to love Him with all our hearts then our lives will be RICHER and FULLER as each year goes by.
The quality of the blessing of our life and experience of Him will be richer at the end than at the start of our conversion.
6. They had to do things a certain way to get the blessing.
The blessing from God comes only by following the principles of God and His Word. This is our first guide and together with His Spirit and our conscience we will be led in the right paths. To have His richness and blessing we must seek His face daily, set our hearts affection upon Him, delight in Him, long for Him, worship Him in joy and in pain.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 90:15​
Make us glad according to the days You have afflicted us and the years we have seen sorrow​

The Lord is faithful and we have the word to assure us that we can ask that He blesses us with measure as He tests us! How good is the Lord! Have you had a long season of sadness? Expect a measure back of happiness.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Many oh Lord are the wonderful things you have done!" Ps 40.
How easy it is when we are low to forget the good things God has doen and focus on the current misery.
It is a good thing to begin to thank God and as we do the pit we are in begins to shrin
shrink :)

Upvote 0