✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my verse for the day.
Ive used this promise many times when I have been hungry for more of God.

Psalm 40:1-3. “I waited patiently for the LORD. He turned to me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay. He set my feet on a rock, and gave me a firm place to stand.
He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise to our God. Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD”

Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
my verse for the day.
Ive used this promise many times when I have been hungry for more of God.

Psalm 40:1-3. “I waited patiently for the LORD. He turned to me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay. He set my feet on a rock, and gave me a firm place to stand.
He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise to our God. Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD”

I really needed to hear that. Thanks.

Upvote 0

silentpoet

Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Arkansas
✟15,957.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Others
Thank you John for sharing this.

Last night I was over it. I begged God to finally give me some answers. Every day I keep coming acrossed closed doors. It seems that I will get so far in a certain direction and then find that it is not to be. I am tired and frustrated because it feels like God keeps leading me in the wrong direction. I have so many decisions to make and not enough information to make them. Last night I wept. My heart broke as all of the answers I needed seemed to be so far away. They still seem to be...

Today I still feel crushed. I am not sure what to do. My only hope is that somewhere in amongst all this mess (which I call my life at the moment) my God is with me. My only hope is Him right now. There is nothing more I can do.

I really do wish I had an answer to your situation. In part I do think we are the right path when things get tough. Our struggles spring from being oriented contrary to this world. We are, as the phrase goes, running against the grain. This world resists the plans of God. We are not of this world, but of God. So the world resists God by resisting us.

I know the feeling of being crushed and hopeless. I have some hope that your and my hopes have some fulfillment soon.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I really do wish I had an answer to your situation. In part I do think we are the right path when things get tough. Our struggles spring from being oriented contrary to this world. We are, as the phrase goes, running against the grain. This world resists the plans of God. We are not of this world, but of God. So the world resists God by resisting us.

I know the feeling of being crushed and hopeless. I have some hope that your and my hopes have some fulfillment soon.

You know the Lord works in mysterious ways. At this moment I have a new job plan. No it is not something that I want to do forever but I am going to give it a go. Even if I fail at least I will enjoy it. As for my career and relationships with others - God is still working in all things. I have done all that I can. I have no fear any more as I have come to realise that if God wants it done then He will do it. Yes, it is a hard prayer (Your will be done) to pray because I still secretly want my own will to be done (though it is not really a secret from God lol :D). I am learning the errors of my heart and learning to leave my desires at the feet of God and walking on in Him. Yes, it still hurts but I am getting over it. God is giving me my Masters in Engineering (I have built a lot of bridges of late :D)!

Other than that I am learning also to keep my mouth shut and letting God have control. You see most of my problem is that I tell too many people about what is going on and my plans and then when they don't come to fruitition I am left embarassed and uncomfortable. Yes, discretion is a big problem for me. Its just that I get so passionate and so caught up in the moment that wisdom tends to fly out the window. God is in control of my life but I need to be in control of my emotions. I learnt this as past of teacher training - there is only one person you can control and that is yourself. You can not control a child's actions but you can control your reaction. I am very good at this when I am teaching but in my daily life I tend to live by my emotions and not God's wisdom. I want to live my life according to God's word but at the same time am unwilling to override the fear, doubt and uncertainty to do God's will. I have realised that I am complicated mess and will hopefully, one day, by the grace of God, be able to say "I lived according to Him who is my all in all."

I hope and pray that this makes sense. I do thank you for all your support. I know that your life is equally, if not more so, trialing than my own. Hopefully, one day soon, I will be able to tell you how God is moving in my life. I hate not telling people, yet, I feel at the moment, this is the wisest thing I can do. Please forgive me for this but I will be praying that God will reveal to me the right time to tell you.

God bless, Evie

Upvote 0

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My fav verses ;)

When I am weary of trials I trust in this promise and it never fails.
Psalm 34:6. “This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.”
Psalm 34:19. “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.”

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is everything, He always needs to be for us and especially when we are single and are prone to getting down about it.

He is wonderful. This talks about His ability and desire to do amazing and incredible acts on our behalf.
He is our Counsellor, leading us and guiding us into depths of truth and love.
He is the mighty God, the ever-present and all knowing. There is absolutely nothing impossible for Him.
He is the everlasting Father; to Him there is no end and no beginning.
He is the Prince of peace, bringing an instant halt to all the works of darkness and establishing peace within our hearts and souls.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
You know as I was reading this a story flashed through my mind. The story of the woman who held out to touch the coat of Jesus as He was walking past. The story has been discussed many times here before and I am unsure why that story seemed to reminded to me now.

Anyway, as I was reflecting on it, it is hard not to be a little bit jealous of her. After all, Jesus passed right in front of her. In the midst of her life and her troubles she got to glimpse the one person that she knew could save her. In the midst of her trials she got the opportunity to walk up to Jesus and touch Him. I would love to get the opportunity. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't it be glorious to walk up to Jesus and do what she just did?

Thinking about this part of the story is easy but what happened before then? What happened in her life that enabled her to go out searching for Jesus? She didn't wait for Him to come to her house, knock on the door so she could invite Him in and touch Him. She had to go out searching and before she went out searching how did she know that He was the one worth searching for? She had to know that Jesus was this -

Jesus is everything, He always needs to be for us and especially when we are single and are prone to getting down about it.

He is wonderful. This talks about His ability and desire to do amazing and incredible acts on our behalf.
He is our Counsellor, leading us and guiding us into depths of truth and love.
He is the mighty God, the ever-present and all knowing. There is absolutely nothing impossible for Him.
He is the everlasting Father; to Him there is no end and no beginning.
He is the Prince of peace, bringing an instant halt to all the works of darkness and establishing peace within our hearts and souls.

Yes, because of her faith she was healed but her faith was built on this. It was built on knowing who Jesus was and is. It was built on her desire to be near Him. It was built upon knowing Jesus as her Saviour. For she knew Jesus could save her in this life. He was her saviour even before she touched His coat. It was only after she touched it that she was able to actually see it before her eyes.

Now the main question for your life is this - do you believe Jesus is who He is regardless of the work that He has done in your life? I struggle with this just as much as the next person. I want to see the works of His hand in my life before I will recognise Him in all areas of my life but it needs to be the other way around. I need to know Him all areas of my life first then wait to see the works of His hand in my life. And I may never see His works but at least I know that He was there.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes Evie good stuff.. kepp it coming ;) It is true we need to know that Jesus is God and that He is able. We hope in His mercy. Yes this lady knew that she was going to be healed before she left the house, as far as God was concerned she had alreday honoured Him.
For us we need to be the same we KNOW God will do something and our question is Lord what way do I go then? How do I have this situations need met? Soemtimes its the case of "You have honoured by faith, but for the moment do nothing, just remain close to me and watch me do great things. Sometiems He says "You do not need to fight this battle I will do it for you!" :)

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
For us we need to be the same we KNOW God will do something and our question is Lord what way do I go then? How do I have this situations need met? Soemtimes its the case of "You have honoured by faith, but for the moment do nothing, just remain close to me and watch me do great things. Sometiems He says "You do not need to fight this battle I will do it for you!" :)

You know I was reading this and I felt the need to talk about another person in the Bible. Moses as we all know was a man after God's heart. Yet, even he had to face a couple of battles (and some other interesting moments). I was particualrly thinking of the battle with the Amalekites. You can find the story in Exodus 17: 8-16. Anyway as I was reading it I had to look up a very important part of it. Verse 15 states "Moses built an altar and called if The Lord is my Banner." And that got me thinking - after the battle is over how am I supposed to live my life?

Earlier in the chapter, as well as the chapter before hand, the Israelites main concern was bread and water but now that had changed. They needed victory. As I read this amazing story these are the things that stick in my mind -

• It is funny that Moses won the battle without even fighting. Joshua had chosen the army and was fighting, but all Moses was doing was holding up a stick and trusting God.
  • Moses wasn't alone holding up the stick. He had 2 mates to help him.
  • When he could stand no longer he could sit (though it was on a rock so I am sure it wasn't too comfy!).
  • That after it was over God said that He was going to blot out the name of the Amalekites so Moses better write it down.
So how why is all of this important? Why do I need to know it and more importantly how can I apply this to my life? Well these are my thoughts in the matter -
  • God can use other people to win our battles. Just like Moses sometimes all we have to do is stand back and watch, trusting in God. You may not have a stick but you do have a Bible. Hold that up in your daily life and you can win. We may be waiting and it may seem like nothing is happening but God may already have an army fighting for us. He may have just asked someone else to do all that for us!
  • We need people to help us when we are weary. Find these people in your life and have them standing next to you in all that you do. I have 2 very close friends on opposite sides of the world who hold me accountable and speak the word of the Lord into all my problems. They help me see God's mercy and help me stand (or sit) strong. They also see me at my weakest, my most vulnerable. They see me when I need to sit. What would have happened if Moses had turned around and said I don't need your help? After all he was older, wiser and the person with the most contact with God. He needed to show his friends just how vulnerable, just how weak he could be. That is not always easy but it is a sign that God's will was far more important that his own ego. He realised that this was not about him but about God. God puts other people in our lives to help us to do His will. We have to be willing to let God's will be more important than our own.
  • Also remember Moses mates helped him win not lose. He had to choose 2 people he knew would want the Israelites to win. Getting 2 Amakelites to come with him would not be wise. So even in battle, you need to choose your friends wisely.
  • Sometimes we get weak during the battle (even when we are not fighting) and that is ok. God knows just how much this takes out of us. You can sit down and rest a little while (even though it may not be as comfortable as we want it to be!). What God had asked of Moses was just as hard as if he were on the battle field fighting. Just because it sounds easy doesn't mean it is. So first thing is recognise hardship as it is. It may look easy on the outside but it can be hard for you. Second thing is the same goes for other people. The Israelites may have looked up to their leader on the mountain and thought he had an easy job standing there compared to them. They didn't know the strain and pressure Moses was under. Just because you see someone doing something differently doesn't mean that they are not fighting the same battle you are! They could be on your side.
  • God sometimes blots out the memory of our battles. Yes, I know that is seems strange now in the midst of the battle but sometimes, when the war is over and the enemy is defeated, all that remains is a story written on a scroll passed down from generation to generation. A story that is to remind us not of our enemies but of our God. Our God who defeats our enemies.
So the Lord is my Banner. I am standing on a mountain at the moment. Tired, but not defeated. Tired, but with 2 godly women by my side. Tired, but resting with hands held high praising God. And all this time I am watching many people fight my battle. One day soon I will come down from my mountain, having seen God complete the victory in my life and I will build an alter of gratitude, knowing the Lord is my banner. He goes into battle before me and for me. He conquers all my enemies so that all that is left is what I have written down which is never really all that much...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I was reading my daily devotion last night and this was my verse: Hebrews 12:11-13
"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who are trained by it.
Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 'Make level paths for your feet,' so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed."

I thought this was awesome because in the story above Moses arms would have been weak and his knees gave way under the strain but even in this moment, this time of trial and discipline, he had to keep strong. Why? Because it was a sign of faith and devotion. God's will and our devotion to His will was more important. And what is the outcome of over coming? That we will be healed. All our disabilities, the things that prevent us living humbly with our God, will be washed away. We will no longer be lame in our faith, we will no longer be scared or unable to walk with our Lord.

What a wonderful promise to behold! That after all of this we will be able to walk boldly with our God.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good stuff Evie :)
Also a verse i have used so much

God always answers my needs according to this promise.
Philippians 4:19. “And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”

God is so good and kind, He is so wealthy and often we fail to simply ask.

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 10:17​

Lord you have heard the desire of the humble. You will prepare their heart and you will cause your ear to hear.
My the Lord prepare our hearts for the blessing we so want.​

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 10:17​

Lord you have heard the desire of the humble. You will prepare their heart and you will cause your ear to hear.
My the Lord prepare our hearts for the blessing we so want.​

You know the interesting thing about this verse is that there are two main parts to it - there is God listening to our desires and there is the preparation of our hearts.

This is interesting because a couple of weeks ago I placed before God a prayer. Well actually 2 prayers. Now I haven't actually received the answer to either prayers but that does not mean that God is not listening. No, I know that God has heard my prayers but I am in the funny place between prayers. I am in the place of growth and development. This is the time where God is preparing my heart to do His will. But why does God need to prepare my heart if He wants to give me my desires? He needs to change our hearts so that we are able to see His hand in all of this. If God simply gave us what we desired how would we recognise it as His will? We would simply say I was lucky or I made it happen. No, God wants us to realise that in all things there is His purpose for our lives. So now, in the time where my heart and life is being prepared, I can be at peace knowing that even if my prayers are not answered the way that I had hoped my God has listened.

My heart is changing. What I thought I wanted didn't end up being so. God is listening and He is changing me. I have nothing to fear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
"Look at Jesus and you will not fall nor sink"

This thought came to me seconds after waking up.. in life there are mnay trials but if we keep looking at Him we will prevail and prosper!

Thats exactly right John :thumbsup:

Peter stepped out onto the water in faith. He was focused on Jesus. It was only when he started to look around him and he remembered the impossibility of what he was doing, that he started to sink and had to call out to Jesus to rescue him.

Now I can easily say "well I would never do that" but truth is I do. There are so many times in my life where I have taken my eyes of Jesus and said "this is impossible. There is no way I can do it especially with all these waves, sharks, and other scary things. It is dark, cold and windy! No way can this really happen. I should have stayed in the boat like everyone else!" So then I am stuck and I too start to sink. But the best thing about it is that even if we do sink we can call on Jesus and He will come and rescue us.

Yes, many times in life the impossible can become possible if we are willing to keep our eyes on the Lord and walk towards Him.

God bless

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Name of Jesus is so precious. It is such a precious idea to really appreciate its worth and power.

1. FULL ACCESS and RIGHTS of USE to the name JESUS.The wonderful thing is that we have been give the FULL ACCESS and USE of this NAME.
The mind boggles at what this means, but also there is great responsibility to use this NAME for the reasons.
Let me explain; “there is a rich merchant who goes away to do his business. While he goes he “DELEGATES” all the POWER & AUTHORITY and RIGHTS to his steward, to do what ever necessary for the good of the estate and business. This means he has full rights and use of the “Name” on a cheque to spend or authorise various transactions that he feels would benefit his master.
We likewise have been given the FULL RIGHTS and ACCESS to use the name JESUS when ever we need. The important thing is to use it for the right reasons and not for our own selfish ends.
Jesus said
Matthew 28:18 “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth” How ever He did not keep this power and authority to Him self but said Matthew 28:19 “Go then, and make disciples of all the nations, giving them baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”
The Lord has give to us the FULL ACCESS and AUTHORITY of His name. We are to use it for the building up of His kingdom, taking authority over Satan and his demons, praying for things, seeking healing or peace and healing etc.
John 16:23 “And on that day you will put no questions to me. Truly I say to you, Whatever request you make to the Father, he will give it to you in my name”
The Lord wants us to ask for things but look we are only to ask in MY NAME. Jesus gives us the example of the things He prayed for and they were always for people good, but more so that the “Father may be glorified”.
The steward would need to seek wisdom before he just went out and spent £1000 on some item. He would be looking at the investment for his master and not for his own benefit.
It is a good thing for is to start to ask our selves “is what I am asking for going to honour God, bring Him glory, or further His kingdom”?

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2Ch 29:36 And Hezekiah and all the people were full of joy, because God had made the people ready: for the thing was done suddenly.

There are many things in our lives we are praying about. Sometimes God will act very SUDDENLY and cause us to have GREAT JOY and wonder at His mercy to us. Situations can SUDDENLY be turned around in a moment, peoples attitudes as well. God is in the business of suprising His children with Good gifts and experinces because He loves them.

Do not be suprised if something SUDDENLY happens for you that is good!

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I was away on ho,iday in Malta I had time to read the book called "If you want to wlak on water you must get out of the boat" Well there was a part on Waiting,. Itr was saying about how we need to TRUST God that His time is best, as regards a partner for life and that we must not get a panic on and take any one who comes along who is kinda ok. God says Can you trust me even if you are getting older and your options and hopes seem to be fading? Surely God is able, He can bring into our lives deep and real earthly love that we can say God has done far above my dreams

Upvote 0

songz777

Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thoughts that have coem to me over two weeks. I am constantly hearing this verse in my mind "Did I not say that if you were to believe you would see the glory of God" In other words all hope for you has humnay gone, but still trust in Me and I will show you my great power to provide and do far above all you can imagine.

Upvote 0