• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured 30+ Bible verses that support universal salvation

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Jord Simcha, Jul 10, 2020.

1. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+4,014
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Ok so either your saying everyone will enter heaven or they won’t, so which is it? At this point it almost seems like your crawfishing.

2. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,410
    Christian
    Single
    I'll await an answer to my question.

3. FineLinen

FineLinen Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,239
    Non-Denom
    Aidios is eternal and is applied only twice in Scripture to the Aidios One!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Kenny'sID

+6,410
    Christian
    Single
    I'm not going to assume something that doesn't work, works...it's silly to do so.

5. Saint Steven

Saint Steven You can call me Steve Supporter

+5,766
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That's a loaded question. You are assuming that our eternal destiny is decided in this lifetime.

6. Jord Simcha

Jord Simcha Active Member

+516
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    Every is not every, all is not all, people is nation, God is not God, love is not love, grace abounds no more than sin, world is not world...

but eternal is eternal!!! and punishment punishment. Says it right there. In plain English.

7. Kenny'sID

+6,410
    Christian
    Single
    This thread is getting downright funny.

8. FineLinen

+5,239
    Non-Denom
    You big gigantic silly: are you not aware the steadfast love of the Lord has a time factor imbedded into it?

9. BNR32FAN

+4,014
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    He just finished saying like 5 seconds ago,
    “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.”
    ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:14‬ ‭NASB‬‬

10. FineLinen

+5,239
    Non-Denom
    Do not laugh with too much gusto.

"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him."

11. Saint Steven

+5,766
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Like a spiritual time bomb. - lol

What is it that our buddy @martymonster says?
    God's mercy doesn't expire when you do.

12. Saint Steven

+5,766
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Does that mean that the way to heaven is a puzzle that the vast majority will never be able to solve?
    What are the consequences of not solving that puzzle?
    Does that sound like grace to you?

13. BNR32FAN

+4,014
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    No, time is not even a factor in this question. Will everyone enter heaven yes or no? We all know that your answer is yes which contradicts the statement that not everyone will enter.

14. Saint Steven

+5,766
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You are still misunderstanding your Damnationist "proof-text" apologetic scripture.
    Jesus is not hanging our eternal destiny on words spoken without enough conviction behind them. You are grasping at straws. So yes, a loaded question. It reminds me of this one.

Answer "yes" or "no".
    Have you stopped beating your wife?

15. BNR32FAN

+4,014
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Not that they won’t be able to, they don’t want to.

16. FineLinen

+5,239
    Non-Denom
    I know a man who hated everyone who walked in the Way. At every opportunity he saw fit to murder them. The rascal was not interested in becoming a part in the slightest.

But God!

His name = the Apostle Paul.

17. Kenny'sID

+6,410
    Christian
    Single
    I have to, again, that is not biblical. Give me reason not to laugh.

18. FineLinen

+5,239
    Non-Denom
    This is not Biblical? Please tell me you are jesting.

"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him."

19. Der Alte

Der Alte This is me about 1 yr. old. Supporter

+3,506
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes! In this life NOT after being punished in the LOF.

20. Jesus is YHWH

Jesus is YHWH my Lord and my God ! Supporter

+932
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Nice twist but Jesus makes it clear Eternal ( αἰώνιον ) punishment is the same as eternal ( αἰώνιον ) life below. Both have never ending consequences and rewards for the saved and the lost. The Eternal (αἰώνιον) fire never ends as well.

Matt 25:41,46
    41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

46"These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
    STRONGS NT 166: αἰώνιος

αἰώνιος, - without end, never to cease, everlasting: 2 Corinthians 4:18 (opposed to πρόσκαιρος); αἰώνιον αὐτόν, joined to thee forever as a sharer of the same eternal life, Philcmon 1:15; βάρος δόξης, 2 Corinthians 4:17; βασιλεία, 2 Peter 1:11; δόξα, 2 Timothy 2:10; 1 Peter 5:10; ζωή (see ζωή, 2 b.); κληρονομία, Hebrews 9:15; λύτρωσις, Hebrews 9:12; παράκλησις, 2 Thessalonians 2:16; σκηναί, abodes to be occupied forever, Luke 16:9 (the habitations of the blessed in heaven are referred to, cf. John 14:2 (also,dabo eis tabernacula aeterna, quae praeparaveram illis, 4 Esdras (Fritzsche, 5 Esdr.) []); similarly Hades is called αἰώνιος τόπος, Tobit 3:6, cf. Ecclesiastes 12:5); σωτηρία, Hebrews 5:9; (so Mark 16 (WH) in the (rejected) 'Shorter Conclusion'). Opposite ideas are: κόλασις, Matthew 25:46;

Word games over and Jesus refutes the false doctrine of universalism in just one passage. And above we see that the lexicons use Matt 25 to mean never ending punishment for the wicked.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020