Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People hate God and worship idols unless he saves them. It's always his move, not theirs.
Then what would the basis for sending anyone to hell?
Are the idolaters being punished for something God neglected to do?

Saint Steven said:
What does sin merit, punishment or forgiveness?

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
But He said “there are few who find it”. Universalism teaches that everyone will find it eventually.

"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him."

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But He said “there are few who find it”. Universalism teaches that everyone will find it eventually.
Yes and yes.

Just recently I learned that the correct translation ought to be: there are few who are finding it.

Elsewhere in the Bible, in Romans, there's mention of many. How do you rhyme the few and many?
Maybe you do.

So can we also try to rhyme the few and all. How that all will be, God knows. But the prophecies are clear to someone with that hope, and an open mind to universalism based on those scriptures, that God will be all in all. Do you think people will be in eternal hell with the Holy Spirit indwelling in them? That would be weird wouldn't it? They then shall believe, so must be saved, no? Or the Word of God is made of none effect. God forbid. Jesus said His words will not pass away. So John 3:16 still counts then.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where are you seeing that it is God’s will that all will be saved?
1 Timothy 2:1-6
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

• Agree
Reactions: Jord Simcha
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Keep your day job...

Explain the comment please, or am I to take that as a place holder for a sensible reply?

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” Jn 6:28-29

Most of your recentposts up to this weren't worth the bother., but I will comment on that.

Does believing on either Christ or God not mean to also belive what they tell you we must do? OPr do you feel beliving is just saying, I believe?

And that reminds me, there was a question for you on the Sheep and Goats scripture that you skipped, but I suppose it's easy to see why...best to stay away from the undeniable when we are trying to deny it. :)

The "undeniable" as in, one will Go to Hell if they do not take care of the poor, just as Jesus said there.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The fact is the narrow gate into our God is extremely narrow. It requires an intervention from above by Him, in order to see and comprehend anything of His great glory.

Except you be born from above you cannot see or enter into Him!

Apocatastasis =

Jesus the Christ came to save more than a few.

Universal Salvation? Bible Supports Apocatastasis

"How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He’s the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him.

Long before he laid down earth’s foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love.

Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son.

Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we’re a free people—free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free!

He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans he took such delight in making.

He set it all out before us in Christ, a long-range plan in which everything would be brought together and summed up in him, everything in deepest heaven, everything on planet earth.

It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone." -MSG-

Not a whole lot of actual scripture there is there?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

• Agree
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to scriptures God accomplishes all His good pleasure.
Then I guess God's destruction of all mankind except Noah and his family, all the inhabitants of Sodom, Gomorrah and cities of the plains was God's god pleasure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not a whole lot of actual scripture there is there?

Not a whole lot indeed!

One single declaration of our Father's intention within Himself encompassing the all.

He set it all out before us in Christ, a long-range plan in which everything would be brought together and summed up in him, everything in deepest heaven, everything on planet earth.

It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone." -MSG-

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:13-14‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Yeah it makes for a pretty wide gate doesn’t it? With universalism it couldn’t possibly get any wider and all eventually find it. ;)

Agree.

Universalism, just as OSAS actually completely makes null the Narrow Gate scripture and leaves only that wide gate you mention. When that happens, one would think those who push that stuff would get a tip off there is something bad wrong with their beliefs when those beliefs don't line up with scripture.

Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then I guess God's destruction of all mankind except Noah and his family, all the inhabitants of Sodom, Gomorrah and cities of the plains was God's god pleasure.
Perhaps not everything He accomplishes is for His pleasure. I think saving Noah and his family probably was though.

But, according to the scripture God has no pleasure in destruction or death of the wicked.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him."
Why live for God now if it doesn't matter about salvation in the end ?

If I actually believed in the false doctrine of Universalism to be true then I would absolutely be living for myself each and every day and would not deny myself daily to serve Christ.

The doctrine makes a mockery out of Gods word, His promises, the Judgment, heaven, hell etc..............

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not a whole lot indeed!

One single declaration of our Father's intention within Himself encompassing the all.

I'll stick with the Bible, thanks.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry you have to ask. Seems clear enough to me.

He speaks about God's will: to save all men.
I added: and God will accomplish His will.

And I'm sorry I must explain, though it is his will all would be saved, that far from means all will accept the plan of salvation. Many will reject God....it's biblical.

You are taking scripture way out of context

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why live for God now if it doesn't matter about salvation in the end ?

Salvation of the broken sinners of Adams race is the focus of at-one-ment in the Master of reconciliation.

Abba declares it is what He "cherishes."

What the God of Glory cherishes, I as a follower of the Lamb cherish as well !

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And I'm sorry I must explain, though it is his will all would be saved, that far from means all will accept the plan of salvation. Many will reject God....it's biblical.
In this life perhaps. And then the judgment. And then the destruction.

And then what? Rejoicing in heaven as pain continues in hell? What about no more tears and sorrow then? What about all things new, what does that mean to you, if not the wicked things be made holy?

All the while God doesn't change, so His will remains wanting to save all. Has to be or He does change.

But He can not? According to whose rules? His own? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Upvote 0