Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God knows the outcome and He will save all that He can but evidently for some reason He can’t save all.
God can do anything. There is no "can't" with God. There is only a won't.
If it is his will that all be saved, why WON'T he?

If it is his will that all be saved, why would he conceive a plan from the beginning that condemns the VAST majority to hell? That makes no sense. We have been lied to about the nature of God. He is NOT a cosmic tyrant, or an angry volcano god.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We don't. Faith in Jesus Christ is all we must have.

Ofcourse He commands us to do good, but faith is sufficient.

Does "faith" entail doing as Christ said to do?

Here, you may have missed this, where Jesus says you are 100% wrong.

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

Gotta love the simplicity of the truth. :)

Reactions: Jord Simcha
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does sin merit, punishment or forgiveness?

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
People hate God and worship idols unless he saves them. It's always his move, not theirs.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does "faith" entail doing as Christ said to do?

Here, you may have missed this, where Jesus says you are 100% wrong.

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

Gotta love the simplicity of the truth. :)
I missed that indeed. Thanks.

Still though, do you agree that faith is sufficient, or no?

to him that worketh not etc...

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
All = the elect. Not Satan and his children.

You poor lad: All radically means all, not tis, but pas.

The Father of all is exactly that. We are all His offspring, the good, the bad and the ugly, and He takes responsibility for us all!

All of mankind and the malista

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You poor lad: All radically means all, not tis, but pas.

The Father of all is exactly that. We are all His offspring, the good, the bad and the ugly, and He takes responsibility for us all!

All of mankind and the malista
All must be defined by other scriptures since it doesn't specify who all are in the passage.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
All must be defined by other scriptures since it doesn't specify who all are in the passage.

How much clearer can it get?

"God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe. Command this and teach this."

Replacement plan b minus =

God is Saviour of [some] of mankind and [some] of mankind [only]. Command this and teach this.

All = pas

Only = monon & monos

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God is the Father of all mankind.

“Have we not all one Father?” Mal. 2:10.

" One is your Father which is in Heaven.” Matt. 23:9.

Is there a human parent who would torment his offspring?

Is our heavenly Abba less kind than earthly fathers are?

God is unchangeable.

“He is in one mind, and who can turn him?” Job 23:13.

Therefore He always will be what He is now: omniscient, all-knowing, omnipotent, omni-present, infinitely good, holy, merciful, just, and the universal Father.

Our Father is not a partial Father, what He is now He will forever be!

Why are we glad that God is Almighty?

Because He is Almighty Goodness.

Why are we delighted that His understanding is infinite?

Because it is the understanding of Infinite Love.

Why are we pleased when we hear that God is Unchangeable?

Because it brings to our view a benevolence which will never vary.

Why do we rejoice that He is just?

Because we hence learn that the energy of Love will never cease to maintain and defend every thing that is right, and to oppose every thing that is wrong.

God is the Owner and Proprietor of all men.

“Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine.” Ezek. 18:4.

God is too wise and good to give any to the devil, and He has too much power to have any forced out of his hands.

All men now belong to God they always will.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe. Command this and teach this."

God is Saviour of [some] of mankind and [some] of mankind [only]. Command this and teach this.

All = pas

Only = monon & monos
It is not eternal life. God saves all by sending rain and food.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

All = pas

Only = monon & monos
Anymore strawman arguments ?

Here is just one example of MANY others where I can prove "all" doesn't mean every single person.

Now are you saying that EVERY single jewish leader, roman leader, gentile, Sadducee, Pharisee, Samaritan etc....... in Judea and Jerusalem was baprized by John and confessed their sins ?

If so then I have a red bridge spanning San Francisco and Marin called the Golden Gate Bridge for sale.

End of discussion with your pas/panta argument that is full of holes because the cistern is full of leaks and doesn't hold any water.

Mark 1:5
And all the country of Judea was going out to him, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God can do anything. There is no "can't" with God. There is only a won't.
If it is his will that all be saved, why WON'T he?

If it is his will that all be saved, why would he conceive a plan from the beginning that condemns the VAST majority to hell? That makes no sense. We have been lied to about the nature of God. He is NOT a cosmic tyrant, or an angry volcano god.

Where are you seeing that it is God’s will that all will be saved?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I missed that indeed. Thanks.

Still though, do you agree that faith is sufficient, or no?

to him that worketh not etc...

I agree with what Jesus said right there, do good and go to heaven do evil and don't. The key word there is we must "do"

Faith without works is dead.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is called the fall of Adam. The mass were made sinners. That mass of mankind, by the rectification of the Archegos & Prodromos are returned to the Author & Finisher new creatures.

Those fumbled by the fall are unfumbled by the Master Isous!

What about Satan and his angels? They were not created as sinners. So? From a state of perfection (no sin nature) they chose to murder and reject the Lord in their hearts.

What excuse do they have? They can not blame it on Adam. For they rejected God from a state that was not hindering them.

And, what about all the other angels who made the same choices from a state of sinlessness? Are they not proof that Satan and his angels are without excuse?

Let's get down to the source of it all. What do you say about Lucifer (pre-Satan)? What was his excuse?

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Anymore strawman arguments ?

Here is just one example of MANY others where I can prove "all" doesn't mean every single person.

Now are you saying that EVERY single jewish leader, roman leader, gentile, Sadducee, Pharisee, Samaritan etc....... in Judea and Jerusalem was baprized by John and confessed their sins ?

If so then I have a red bridge spanning San Francisco and Marin called the Golden Gate Bridge for sale.

End of discussion with your pas/panta argument that is full of holes because the cistern is full of leaks and doesn't hold any water.

Mark 1:5
And all the country of Judea was going out to him, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins.

hope this helps !!!

Can you spell syndechoche and metonomy?

If you can you will realize there are a few verses of Canon are an wee exception to the radical all of pas!

Not everyone has to be part of the restitution. All, does not usually mean each and everything.”

That is precisely what pa’ß means. We will await your presentation of “most” Greek scholars who would present otherwise, and while we wait, lets hear from W.E. Vine M.A., author of A Greek Testament Grammar, and, A Comprehensive Dictionary of the Original Greek Words with their precise Meanings for English Readers.

All = pa’ß =

Radically means “all.”

Used without the article it means “every,” every kind or variety. So the RV marg. in Eph. 2:21, “every building,” and the text in Eph. 3:15, “every family,” and the RV marg. of Acts 2:36, “every house;”

or, it may signify “the highest degree,” the maximum of what is referred to, as, “with all boldness” Acts 4:29.

Before proper names of countries, cities and nations, and before collective terms, like “Israel,” it signifies either “all” or “the whole,” e.g., Matt. 2:3; Acts 2:36.

Used with the article, it means the whole of one object.

In the plural it signifies “the totality of the persons or things referred to.”
Used without a noun it virtually becomes a pronoun, meaning “everyone” or “anyone.”

In the plural with a noun it means “all.”

One form of the neuter plural (panta) signifies “wholly, together, in all ways, in all things,” Acts 20:35; 1 Cor. 9:25.

The neuter plural without the article signifies “all things severally,” e.g., John 1:3; 1 Cor. 2:10; preceded by the article it denotes “all things,” as constituting a whole, e.g., Rom. 11:36; 1 Cor. 8:6; Eph. 3:9.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree with what Jesus said right there, do good and go to heaven do evil and don't. The key word there is we must "do"

Faith without works is dead.
Faith without works is dead faith!

That does not mean they were not saved.

Only that they made themselves useless to God after they were saved.

Is a person who becomes a vegetable needing to be fed through tubes and kept alive on a machine, no longer human? Ye, he is still a human. Just like....

When a saved person does not produce works he is still a saved person in spite of it all.

Just that person now is useless to God. A useless child who will die the sin unto death and be taken to Heaven.

If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death,
you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does
not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that
you should pray about that."
1 Jn 5:16

Also... In Acts 5, we see Ananias, with his wife Sapphira die the sin unto death. Saved people!

Why sin unto death? No genuine works from God done in the Spirit. But, they were saved.

If it is burned up (their dead works) , the builder will suffer loss

but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping
through the flames."
1 Cor 3:15

The work of promoting the teaching that one is saved from the Lake of Fire by doing works?
Is a dead work in itself - to be burned!

We are saved (from the sin unto death) by works. Not, saved from the Lake of Fire.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you spell syndechoche and metonomy?

If you can you will realize there are a few verses of Canon are an wee exception to the radical all of pas!

Not everyone has to be part of the restitution. All, does not usually mean each and everything.”

That is precisely what pa’ß means. We will await your presentation of “most” Greek scholars who would present otherwise, and while we wait, lets hear from W.E. Vine M.A., author of A Greek Testament Grammar, and, A Comprehensive Dictionary of the Original Greek Words with their precise Meanings for English Readers.

All = pa’ß =

Radically means “all.”

A group of hunters one sunrise shot at a flock of birds above. Some fell to ground after being hit. There were the hunters sons there with their fathers who did the shooting.

One boy asked his father what they were now to do ?

So, his father told him.. We are going to cook em and eat em all.

After the boys heard "eat em all" they proceeded to eat the sheep, cows, and foxes in the area.

Why did they do that?

The boys were dumb.

They could not determine what constituted the "all." They just saw all, and went for it.

:angel: Not "all" will get what I was getting at!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That does not mean they were not saved.

So now we are claiming we don't even need faith to be saved?

And here I was thinking that new agers had already recreated Christianity to be about as easy as it could possibly be, lol

What's next, we don't even need to believe God exists? ;)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When a saved person does not produce works he is still a saved person in spite of it all.

That now what Jesus told the Goats in the parable of the Sheep/Goats.

Please answer me this...in the following scripture did those who didn't do their works go to heaven as you say they do, or Hell?

Matt 25:41-46 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The work of promoting the teaching that one is saved from the Lake of Fire by doing works?
Is a dead work in itself - to be burned!

We are saved (from the sin unto death) by works. Not, saved from the Lake of Fire.

Yet Jesus said just the opposite in the prior scripture I quoted.

Upvote 0