3 former leaders of ex-gay ministry apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Bellman

Call it misled if you wish. We simply need to lead them back to the right path
I do call it misled; they have been misled by people saying false things like "we need to lead them back to the right path". They're on the right path.

Then I suppose you are content with calling all natural animal behavior as natural for humans, including nonconsensual sex and incest, not to mention the violence which is very very natural in animals. And don't let tme forget the establishment of pecking orders, often based on disabilities
All natural behaviour is, by definition, natural. That says nothing at all about its morality. It merely dispells the silly notion that homosexuality is 'unnatural'. But it's a regular ploy of yours to try to imply that in noting that homosexuality is natural, we are equating homosexuals with 'lower' animals. Nice try, but we all see through it.

Not to mention the heavy recruitment in our public schools
Except that there is none.

It has occurred to me before that the anti-homosexual crowd must think homosexuality is really, really great. I mean, the vast majority of children are exposed virtually every minute to heterosexuality and heterosexual role models. Their parents are heterosexual, their brothers and sisters are heterosexual, the vast majority of people they see on TV and in movies are heterosexual...their entire lives they have drummed into them the idea that boys get together with girls.

Yet after all this, the anti-homosexual crowd seems to think that the second these children are told "some people are homosexual, and we should respect their right to be homosexual," they'll immediately abandon their years of heterosexual conditioning and become homosexual for life. It's like for years they were fed nothing but brussels sprouts and then along came someone and said "Here, try some cotton candy." I can only conclude that these people think homosexual is inherently wonderful and attractive to all.

Upvote 0
M

MrPirate

Not to mention the heavy recruitment in our public schools
This is a tactic made popular by racists and has been used for decades to justify bigotry. racists will happily compare or associate blacks with sex offenders, the popular lie is sating that black men want rape white women.
We see this same tactic used to justify hate towards homosexuals. Here the sexual crime that is lied about involves children but the goals is the same.

Upvote 0
C

ChaliceThunder

I admit it, Machypoo; I was recruited.

I was 11 years old, walking home from school. There was a man at the corner, wearing a long trenchcoat and a fedora. I don't know why; it was late spring. But he was! And lo the man said unto me, "Hey, kid. C'mere."

Like a typical child, I came to the man and asked him what he wanted. He opened one side of his coat and said, "How would you like to become a homosexual?" "A homosexual?!," I cried.

He explained to me that becoming a homosexual meant that I would not be able to marry, that I could be fired for being homosexual, and that people would think that I was disgusting for it.

"Why would I want to be a homosexual, then?" I asked.

"Because all the cool kids are doing it."

In an instant, I knew that I had to become homosexual. If all the cool kids were doing it, who was I to think differently? I drank the demonic brew of goat's blood produced in a secretive Satanic ritual and became forevermore a homosexual.

~The End~
Oh my!

The exact same thing happened to me, only I was 12!!!

^_^

Upvote 0

Ohioprof

Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
✟21,433.00
Faith
Unitarian
It seems to me that harboring negative thoughts about gay people blocks a person from being truly compassionate and from deepening their spiritual understanding and self-knowledge. Most of the negative thoughts that people hold about gay people are just stereotypes, not reality. Clinging to these stereotypes, judging other people based on stereotypes, is a distraction from one's own growth.

It is not helpful to me in any way to have someone announce that I need to admit that I have a problem, because I am gay. Such a statement is not helpful, and it is disrespectful. Why should someone who does not know me, who has never met me, decide that I have a problem? Then when I say that no, I don't a problem, thank you, the person responds by saying, "You just haven't admitted it yet." The person completely dismisses what I have to say about my own life, which is even more disrespectful. In saying that, the person avoids getting to know me and also creates a barrier to self-knowledge, in my view.

Upvote 0
C

ChaliceThunder

It seems to me that harboring negative thoughts about gay people blocks a person from being truly compassionate and from deepening their spiritual understanding and self-knowledge. Most of the negative thoughts that people hold about gay people are just stereotypes, not reality. Clinging to these stereotypes, judging other people based on stereotypes, is a distraction from one's own growth.

It is not helpful to me in any way to have someone announce that I need to admit that I have a problem, because I am gay. Such a statement is not helpful, and it is disrespectful. Why should someone who does not know me, who has never met me, decide that I have a problem? Then when I say that no, I don't a problem, thank you, the person responds by saying, "You just haven't admitted it yet." The person completely dismisses what I have to say about my own life, which is even more disrespectful. In saying that, the person avoids getting to know me and also creates a barrier to self-knowledge, in my view.

Disrespect is one of the ways he communicates on this board.

There are plently of us who will welcome you with open arms, sister! :hug:

Reps to you for your compassion and wisom!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loundry

Eudaimonist
Dec 3, 2003
✟8,196.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course not, but I'm not a young, impressionable Jr High or High school child either.

Are you saying that you were tempted by gay male sex when you were in junior high and high school?

That if a friend of yours offered you gay male sex in high school, you would have "hit that"?

Upvote 0
G

Goodchild

I was 11 years old, walking home from school. There was a man at the corner, wearing a long trenchcoat and a fedora. I don't know why; it was late spring. But he was! And lo the man said unto me, "Hey, kid. C'mere."

Like a typical child, I came to the man and asked him what he wanted. He opened one side of his coat and said, "How would you like to become a homosexual?" "A homosexual?!," I cried.

He explained to me that becoming a homosexual meant that I would not be able to marry, that I could be fired for being homosexual, and that people would think that I was disgusting for it.

In an instant, I knew that I had to become homosexual. If all the cool kids were doing it, who was I to think differently? I drank the demonic brew of goat's blood produced in a secretive Satanic ritual and became forevermore a homosexual.

~The End~

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mumei again.

I have never felt so disappointed to see that statement as I am right now ;)

Reactions: ottaia
Upvote 0

Loundry

Eudaimonist
Dec 3, 2003
✟8,196.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Libertarian

~The End~
Mumei,

I'm really disappointed in you. Being brave enough to admit that you were recruited is one thing. Being too ashamed to admit how it really happened is quite another. As they say, the best lies contain a grain of truth, right?

Here's how it really happened, because I'm a really honest gay:

In high school, GLAAD and PFLAG jointly swarmed our school with military-like cabals of militant homosexuals. They set up tables, handed out flyers, and established gay-straight alliances in which babies were ground up into baby milkshakes and sacrificed to the dark lord Satan as part of a diversity effort.

I walked up to one of these tables where manly women were branding "666" into the foreheads of violently-brainwashed freshmen as part of the ancient gay initiation ritual. I asked, "What's all this about?"

The transexual GLAAD prostitute answered, "Convert to homosexuality so you then can dress up like a really ugly woman and commit violent sex practices in public. You'll be required to do this on a float in a parade once a year."

Seeing that all the cool kids wanted to cross-dress (the football players were already doing it), I immediately converted to homosexuality. I guess their recruitment effort just pushed me over the edge since I had no idea what I wanted sexually and the massive societal benefits to being a homosexual were already obvious. I mean, everyone knows that as soon as straights get married then the government immediately tortures them to death and feeds their corpses to pigs, and who would want that?

The very next year, we changed our school mascot to "The Lisping Unicorns" and our fight song was changed to "We will give you fabulous window treatments!" Obviously this homosexuality thing was more than a fad and more than a trend. Before every football game we burned bibles (and a stray Christian every now and then) while singing Johnny Mathis songs. PFLAG taught us that homosexual tradition required this as the prelude to our nightly demonic orgies.

Oh, and we also hated god on Wednesdays at 6:30 PM during "gay bingo night".

And that's how it *really* happened.

Reactions: JGL53
Upvote 0

Peach81

"All acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jun 10, 2007
Oklahoma City
Visit site
✟16,262.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Mumei,

I'm really disappointed in you. Being brave enough to admit that you were recruited is one thing. Being too ashamed to admit how it really happened is quite another. As they say, the best lies contain a grain of truth, right?

In high school, GLAAD and PFLAG jointly swarmed our school with military-like cabals of militant homosexuals. They set up tables, handed out flyers, and established gay-straight alliances in which babies were ground up into baby milkshakes and sacrificed to the dark lord Satan as part of a diversity effort.

I walked up to one of these tables where manly women were branding "666" into the foreheads of violently-brainwashed freshmen as part of the ancient gay initiation ritual. I asked, "What's all this about?"

The transexual GLAAD prostitute answered, "Convert to homosexuality so you then can dress up like a really ugly woman and commit violent sex practices in public. You'll be required to do this on a float in a parade once a year."

Seeing that all the cool kids wanted to cross-dress (the football players were already doing it), I immediately converted to homosexuality. I guess their recruitment effort just pushed me over the edge since I had no idea what I wanted sexually and the massive societal benefits to being a homosexual were already obvious. I mean, everyone knows that as soon as straights get married then the government immediately tortures them to death and feeds their corpses to pigs, and who would want that?

The very next year, we changed our school mascot to "The Lisping Unicorns" and our fight song was changed to "We will give you fabulous window treatments!" Obviously this homosexuality thing was more than a fad and more than a trend. Before every football game we burned bibles (and a stray Christian every now and then) while singing Johnny Mathis songs. PFLAG taught us that homosexual tradition required this as the prelude to our nightly demonic orgies.

How awful! My recruitment into bisexuality was a little less harsh.

I was a just an innocent 17-year-old girl who had recently graduated high school, swept up into a liberal, brainwashing university with all of its wanton gay imagery. One night, a group of girls and boys broke into my dorm, dragged me out of my bed, and hauled me into rec room, forcing me to watch hours of "Girls Gone Wild" and "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" back to back, forcing jello shots down my throat, chanting "join us! join us!" I was never the same after that. Everywhere I looked, I saw sex objects, boys and girls, walking around in thongs and fishnets. They haunted my dreams, that is, when I was able to sleep. After months of those nightly raids, I slowly went mad and was finally committed into a loony bin, which is where I remain today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ottaia

Blue Dragon Rider
Jun 14, 2005
Michigan
✟2,442.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mumei,

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Loundry again.
Darn! That was good! Exactly the way I remember it! But they must have put a "slow virus" in my mineral water because it took 20 years for the mind control to take effect.

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
The only people anyone can help, is those who desire it ... and in all theatres of behavior ( 1 corinthians 6.9 ; proverbs 6.18-24) . and when we try to help people who do not desire it ... we offend ( mea culpa ) them , a friend offended, being harder to win than a walled city.

It is unfortunate that in all good things , support groups, there are those who are there for the wrong reason.

It is unfortunate that many times we throw out the baby with the "bath water" so to speak . reject the person for a flaw in their nature, perceived or other wise, while ignoring those within us.

to God , flaws are flaws , none are greater or lesser to him , all are equal , all are fixable and obtainable (Psalm 103) , for he is the rock and the strong tower

to say to those who desire help that there is no escape from a life style , bondage, association is just as cruel or more cruel than those who lie to them ...

Paul makes statements in his epistles about behavioral modification, and John makes statements in revelation chapters 2 & 3 about those who overcome , what God (not man) has against them, and their is a reward for the victory ... would they speak of a victory if one were not possible ?

Upvote 0

Ohioprof

Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
✟21,433.00
Faith
Unitarian
How awful! My recruitment into bisexuality was a little less harsh.

I was a just an innocent 17-year-old girl who had recently graduated high school, swept up into a liberal, brainwashing university with all of its wanton gay imagery. One night, a group of girls and boys broke into my dorm, dragged me out of my bed, and hauled me into rec room, forcing me to watch hours of "Girls Gone Wild" and "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" back to back, forcing jello shots down my throat, chanting "join us! join us!" I was never the same after that. Everywhere I looked, I saw sex objects, boys and girls, walking around in thongs and fishnets. They haunted my dreams, that is, when I was able to sleep. After months of those nightly raids, I slowly went mad and was finally committed into a loony bin, which is where I remain today.
I am glad to see that you have internet access from the looney bin. Apparently there is progress after all.

Upvote 0

Ohioprof

Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
✟21,433.00
Faith
Unitarian
The only people anyone can help, is those who desire it ... and in all theatres of behavior ( 1 corinthians 6.9 ; proverbs 6.18-24) . and when we try to help people who do not desire it ... we offend ( mea culpa ) them , a friend offended, being harder to win than a walled city.

It is unfortunate that in all good things , support groups, there are those who are there for the wrong reason.

It is unfortunate that many times we throw out the baby with the "bath water" so to speak . reject the person for a flaw in their nature, perceived or other wise, while ignoring those within us.

to God , flaws are flaws , none are greater or lesser to him , all are equal , all are fixable and obtainable (Psalm 103) , for he is the rock and the strong tower

to say to those who desire help that there is no escape from a life style , bondage, association is just as cruel or more cruel than those who lie to them ...

Paul makes statements in his epistles about behavioral modification, and John makes statements in revelation chapters 2 & 3 about those who overcome , what God (not man) has against them, and their is a reward for the victory ... would they speak of a victory if one were not possible ?
Being gay is not a flaw. Hence, we can all turn our concerns to other matters. There are plenty of social problems to tackle. The fact that some people are gay is not one of them.

Reactions: ottaia
Upvote 0

Loundry

Eudaimonist
Dec 3, 2003
✟8,196.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Libertarian
The only people anyone can help, is those who desire it

We don't need your help. We've had enough "Christian love", thank you.

It's worse to say to people that there's something wrong with them when there isn't. You are helping to create the problem that people from which people want to be freed. It's your fault, not theirs!

Paul makes statements in his epistles about behavioral modification

Paul also says this in his epistles:

"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety." 1 Ti 2:15

I would have to bold the entirety of that disgustingly sexist passage, so I'll spare the readers. It's interesting that it is giving birth that saves women and not Christ. So much for "Jesus saves"!

"Are you married? Do not seek a divorce. Are you unmarried? Do not look for a wife. But if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this." 1 Co 7:27-28

So much for "marriage is God's plan for humanity"!

"An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord's affairs—how he can please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— and his interests are divided." 1 Co 7:32-34

Scripture blatantly states that married people make inferior Christians. Didn't Jesus say "No one can serve two masters"? Yes, he did! (Mat 5:24, Luke 16:13)

But this isn't really about Paul's epistles, right? Your primary concern is with preventing gayness and that's why you're only quoting the Pauline verses which support that point of view. All the other, inconvenient verses can be safely ignored, right?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.