2Pet 3:9 does not mean that God "wants" everybody saved. Part 1.

Troll Monster

May 19, 2023
Pasadena
✟7,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The gospel is for believers.
To believe the gospel is what the lost must do.

Prove it?

Scripture says God hates some. These must be sinners.

Where is that taught? Where do you come up with this? Old luggage?

It helps me to know you don’t quite understand
Agreed, I will provide Scripture Jesus calling Abraham's physical descendants children of the devil.

You Are of Your Father the Devil​

John 8:39They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing the works Abraham did, 40but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. 41You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.” 42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. 43Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. 44You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. 46Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? 47Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, I will provide Scripture Jesus calling Abraham's physical descendants children of the devil.

You Are of Your Father the Devil​

John 8:39They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing the works Abraham did, 40but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. 41You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.” 42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. 43Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. 44You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. 46Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? 47Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”
That’s because of unbelief in Christ which is in the text you quoted .

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2Pet 3:9 is not a "proof text" that teaches God "wants" everybody to get saved. Usually, only part of the verse is read, as the norm with false teaching, only reading a part of a verse to teach a lie. Let's show the entire verse;

For God is not slack concerning His promise (The return of Jesus, the Day of the Lord) as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Nah ..., the 2 Peter 3:9 verse means exactly what it says. God doesn't wish for any... soul to perish, but that ALL repent and believe on Him and His Son Jesus Christ. That is the gist of what Peter said. And playing 'word fallacy' games won't change that.

The ONLY ONES that verse does NOT apply to today, is Satan and his angels that have ALREADY been judged and sentenced to PERISH in the future "lake of fire". That is not going to change for them.

But for ALL OTHERS, specifically those born in the flesh, The JUDGEMENT to the "lake of fire" has NOT HAPPENED YET TODAY!
Not even Judas Iscariot has yet to be judged and sentenced to perish in the "lake of fire". The REASON is... because that day of GOD'S GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT doesn't occur until AFTER Christ's future "thousand years" reign with His elect over all nations on earth.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0