Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
you are calling her a liar in the story.

so I am going to believe her and the government who trusted her story. Not you.

No, I believe she repeated something she heard.
Don't make it personal.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
you are calling her a liar in the story.

so I am going to believe her and the government who trusted her story. Not you.

I hope that everyone listens to her story and we all agree to pray for and all victims of this war, Christian and Muslim. She didn't see the events at the bakery but undoubtedly has seen more killing and hardships than the majority of people of this world.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, I believe she repeated something she heard.
Don't make it personal.
and why would she lie, or them? Do they have motive for lying? Are we likely to send a million troops right away and rescue them? Hardly. No motive for lying, yet you believe someone is lying. Without evidence. Reminds me of the evolution thread, where you ask them for evidence for evolution and they call you a liar.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hope that everyone listens to her story and we all agree to pray for and all victims of this war, Christian and Muslim. She didn't see the events at the bakery but undoubtedly has seen more killing and hardships than the majority of people of this world.

in isreal an isis worker jumped the fence and attacked a family. Although He could not see it, he heard the screams and a neighbor ran over there and shot the isis terrorist to death. That is called loving your neighbor. What this lady is doing is relaying life threatening intel. Not the latest headline from CNN or the national enquirer. This is life threating for them. If there is a possible blender they may need to watch out for. They want and need to know. No motive for lying. If anything its a direct motive for truth.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
in isreal an isis worker jumped the fence and attacked a family. Although He could not see it, he heard the screams and a neighbor ran over there and shot the isis terrorist to death. That is called loving your neighbor. What this lady is doing is relaying life threatening intel. Not the latest headline from CNN or the national enquirer. This is life threating for them. If there is a possible blender they may need to watch out for. They want and need to know. No motive for lying. If anything its a direct motive for truth.
Who said anything about her lying or even challenged her story?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
and why would she lie, or them? Do they have motive for lying? Are we likely to send a million troops right away and rescue them? Hardly. No motive for lying, yet you believe someone is lying. Without evidence. Reminds me of the evolution thread, where you ask them for evidence for evolution and they call you a liar.
Last time, gradyll - don't make this about me.

I never said she was lying. She repeated what she heard at a very horrible time, but was not a witness to it at all and there is no evidence it occurred.

It is time to agree to disagree on the story and to agree that prayer is needed for her and all who have suffered from ISIS.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who said anything about her lying or even challenged her story?
It's not what was said it's what was implied. some here think her testimony is untrustworthy. so the only option is that she lied or repeated a lie.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last time, gradyll - don't make this about me.

I never said she was lying. She repeated what she heard at a very horrible time, but was not a witness to it at all and there is no evidence it occurred.

It is time to agree to disagree on the story and to agree that prayer is needed for her and all who have suffered from ISIS.
Very well.

• Prayers
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's not what was said it's what was implied. some here think her testimony is untrustworthy. so the only option is that she lied or repeated a lie.
Implied by whom? No one could get that from what I wrote.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Implied by whom? No one could get that from what I wrote.

not by you, perhaps. But when people question the veracity of her claim, it seems to imply someone was being dishonest, don't you agree?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
not by you, perhaps. But when people question the veracity of her claim, it seems to imply someone was being dishonest, don't you agree?
I haven't seen anyone do that. Her not actually eye witnessing what happened at the bakery doesn't mean she is lying about it. She says that she was told about it and that it happened in another city so she can't be lying even if it was a rumor.

No other source has verified that particular event but several have verified the torture and slaughter of Christians and Muslims, by ISIS, in Syria. Her story about what occurred with her own son is heart breaking and I can't imagine how she can cope with the horrors that she has seen.

My prayers go out to all these poor people who are caught up in horrible wars. My God bring peace to the world.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
does this justify military action against extremists?

Killing is one thing - intentionally inflicting unbearable pain to kill is unimaginable!

Personally I favor our military protecting our borders and our government to stop handing out visas like candy.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
does this justify military action against extremists?

We must stand against evil, yes. However, the one and only thing that will stop the evil in this world is the gospel of Jesus Christ. No amount of military action will stop evil. Please understand that I am not saying that no military action should be done, but until God changes the heart of men, they will continue in their evil deeds.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I haven't seen anyone do that. Her not actually eye witnessing what happened at the bakery doesn't mean she is lying about it. She says that she was told about it and that it happened in another city so she can't be lying even if it was a rumor.

No other source has verified that particular event but several have verified the torture and slaughter of Christians and Muslims, by ISIS, in Syria. Her story about what occurred with her own son is heart breaking and I can't imagine how she can cope with the horrors that she has seen.

My prayers go out to all these poor people who are caught up in horrible wars. My God bring peace to the world.

duplicate

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We must stand against evil, yes. However, the one and only thing that will stop the evil in this world is the gospel of Jesus Christ. No amount of military action will stop evil. Please understand that I am not saying that no military action should be done, but until God changes the heart of men, they will continue in their evil deeds.

this has it's root back to ishmael, in genesis. And the hand maiden from egypt. The time to change was then. Unfortunately this curse is because of abrahams lack of faith. We are paying for a previous sin of one of our patriarchs.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Killing is one thing - intentionally inflicting unbearable pain to kill is unimaginable!

Personally I favor our military protecting our borders and our government to stop handing out visas like candy.

God Bless,
SBC
agree

• Friendly
Reactions: SBC
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

again even if she was telling the truth, it implies someone that told her stretched the truth.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this has it's root back to ishmael, in genesis. And the hand maiden from egypt. The time to change was then. Unfortunately this curse is because of abrahams lack of faith. We are paying for a previous sin of one of our patriarchs.

I would say it goes back to the fall of Adam, because we are all born in Adam.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
again even if she was telling the truth, it implies someone that told her stretched the truth.
Do you understand what the Courts means by "Hear Say Evidence"? Any evidence which a witness was told but they didn't actually see is not allowed in court because it cannot be corroborated. In her interview she was giving hear say testimony. This doesn't mean that she was lying or stretching the truth. She was just relating what she has been told. As of yet, Alice Assaf is the only one who has related this story in the press. It may be confirmed when ISIS is finally eliminated from the area and investigators can bring to light all of the horror which these poor people have been through.

Regardless of the validity of this story, Christians and Muslims have been brutally killed by ISIS.

Upvote 0