May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No, this change is about decreasing the amount we spend on foreign goods and increasing the amount we spend on American goods.
You said.....
increase the proportion of American goods paid for with the public purse
....that is tax money not money that individuals choose to spend themselves. So, please go back and answer the question.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Blame Trump all you want, but it was governors that sent infected people into nursing homes, shut down businesses, sent millions into unemployment (1M in my state alone), and then attempted to act as our knights in armor and told us we needed them to save us.
Absolutely correct. The feds have NO authority to shut down private businesses. To be honest it is doubtful the governors have that legal authority but unfortunately the courts refused to stand up to them.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
We've been complaining about the trade deficits for years now. And we've been told for years it's no big deal. So now it is?

By the way, it's still a big deal imo. I do think COVID played a part of last year particularly.
I agree. Throw in the government deficit spending and double agree.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You said.....
....that is tax money not money that individuals choose to spend themselves. So, please go back and answer the question.

No, you're misunderstanding. The important part to bold is:

increase the proportion of American goods

Biden's action here doesn't increase the public spending, i.e. the tax money. It increases the proportion spent here at home. For instance, out of the $100 of tax money spent, instead of spending 50% of it at home on American goods, he's increasing it to 70% of American goods. [Numbers just as examples.]

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No, you're misunderstanding. The important part to bold is:

increase the proportion of American goods

Biden's action here doesn't increase the public spending, i.e. the tax money. It increases the proportion spent here at home. For instance, out of the $100 of tax money spent, instead of spending 50% of it at home on American goods, he's increasing it to 70% of American goods. [Numbers just as examples.]
Hey, I just quoted what you wrote.
Government spending does not drive the economy; consumer spending does. That is why all the stimulus the gov't. puts out fails to achieve any lasting gain.....except permanent tax cuts since that money goes directly to the consumer who can then do with it as they please long term. Less gov't spending, lower federal taxes equal an improving economy. Too bad the libs seem to have it backwards.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,567.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Experts praise Biden's Covid-19 plan, but warn that undoing Trump-era mistakes will take time

Trump made mistakes; whether you choose to see that or not is irrelevant since experts who know what they are talking about, indicate that he did so. Trump was not supposed to force them to do anything.

Your going to find that Bidens plan is pretty vague and many parts of it have already been accomplished or well on its way.

Yes Trump.made mistakes, but it they were mistakes in some of the things he SAID. Not in the things he DID. His actions were well done. He got a vaccine, he got testing out DESPITE the failure of the CDC. He signed stimulus. He made sure that hospitals got what they needed. He FOLLOWED the constitution in allowing the states do manage their crisis. Vaccines are being administered at a very high rate hindered only by companies inability to keep up.

Tell me, what EXACTLY. What is Biden doing to STOP the spread of the virus that is radically different AND working? We are already seeing a downturn in cases in places. Which have NOTHING to do with anything Biden has done. I haven't seen a darn thing, including this article you presented on what Biden is going to DO that will cause this virus not to spread.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Your going to find that Bidens plan is pretty vague and many parts of it have already been accomplished or well on its way.

Yes Trump.made mistakes, but it they were mistakes in some of the things he SAID. Not in the things he DID. His actions were well done. He got a vaccine, he got testing out DESPITE the failure of the CDC. He signed stimulus. He made sure that hospitals got what they needed. He FOLLOWED the constitution in allowing the states do manage their crisis. Vaccines are being administered at a very high rate hindered only by companies inability to keep up.
"He" didn't get a vaccine and while I appreciate the thinking behind "operation warp speed", it's success seems a bit convoluted. He "didn't get test out" but I'm curious if you know where tests were made up?

Out of curiosity, I still wonder how you react to his greatest tweet:
ETEQnkeXgAE0-F5.jpg

Tell me, what EXACTLY. What is Biden doing to STOP the spread of the virus that is radically different AND working? We are already seeing a downturn in cases in places. Which have NOTHING to do with anything Biden has done. I haven't seen a darn thing, including this article you presented on what Biden is going to DO that will cause this virus not to spread.
The fight against COVID-19: What will change under Biden

Well simple things that seems ridiculously stupid but, as the article states, letting Science dictates policy and steps. Why did infection experts and scientists constantly feel monitored, underthreat and muzzled by the previous administration? That's something only they could explain to us to help us understanding.

There was also a NOTICEABLE uptick in vaccinations once Biden was in power. And, of course, if you'd read the news, you'd know they were handed a slate of 0 things meant to streamline and increase the efficiency of the distribution and vaccination of millions.

Here's what Joe has said he will do. I don't know just yet what has been implemented. Yes there is the silly election language of "trump's failures blah blah blah". I do recall hearing on the news at that at least several of these have been put into place.
COVID Timeline | Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website

One thing I liked that I always wondered by it didn't get activated in a meaningful way but.....FEMA.

Out of curiousity, you seem SUPER convince that the downturns have "nothing" to do with what Biden has done. Now I'm CERTAINLY not claiming they HAVE, but you seem VERY confident; what is the basis for that confidence? Do you have some evidence to that regard?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,567.00
Faith
Pentecostal
"He" didn't get a vaccine and while I appreciate the thinking behind "operation warp speed", it's success seems a bit convoluted. He "didn't get test out" but I'm curious if you know where tests were made up?

Out of curiosity, I still wonder how you react to his greatest tweet:
ETEQnkeXgAE0-F5.jpg

The fight against COVID-19: What will change under Biden

Well simple things that seems ridiculously stupid but, as the article states, letting Science dictates policy and steps. Why did infection experts and scientists constantly feel monitored, underthreat and muzzled by the previous administration? That's something only they could explain to us to help us understanding.

There was also a NOTICEABLE uptick in vaccinations once Biden was in power. And, of course, if you'd read the news, you'd know they were handed a slate of 0 things meant to streamline and increase the efficiency of the distribution and vaccination of millions.

Here's what Joe has said he will do. I don't know just yet what has been implemented. Yes there is the silly election language of "trump's failures blah blah blah". I do recall hearing on the news at that at least several of these have been put into place.
COVID Timeline | Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website

One thing I liked that I always wondered by it didn't get activated in a meaningful way but.....FEMA.

Out of curiousity, you seem SUPER convince that the downturns have "nothing" to do with what Biden has done. Now I'm CERTAINLY not claiming they HAVE, but you seem VERY confident; what is the basis for that confidence? Do you have some evidence to that regard?

Name something the experts told Trump to do and he refused to do it.

What has Biden done over the last 20 days to cause any downturns? What policy has he eneacted that caused any down turn in any state?

If you look at the vaccine plan Trump had in place the goals would have been met had Biden done nothing. In fact he has done nothing to make it higher than Trump already had going. Moving forward from here we will see what happens, and we EXPECT that vaccinantions will increase. BECAUSE THEY WOULD NO MATTER WHAT. Vaccines would continue to be produced and sent out regardless who was president.

Dr. Anthony Fauci: Contrary to media spin, Trump followed our virus mitigation recommendations

Dr. Fauci Says Trump Has Listened to His Recommendations and He's Not Being Forced to Say So

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/22/biden-vaccine-100-million-doses/

I know you hate Trump. I also know you won't give him credit for anything. But according to the WHO he did a good job in managing the crazy COVID issues under the issues faced by our form of government which leaves so much powers to the states.

I do agree, some of his messaging and tweets were a mess. But I remind you, Democrats AND Fauci himself downplayed this virus.

Testing was problematic, but I'm not sure how Trump could have gone to the CDC and made sure it was okay. You guys wanted him to lean on the experts. Well he did and the experts failed. So now it's his fault for depending on the experts.

Many of those things is Bidens plan is lies and misrepresentation. Secondly, how is is coming along with implementing all those things?

Upvote 0