✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Then what's the problem?
Where they not the same, just provided for more voters?
I think the idea was there was no way of telling who they came from... I may be wrong. But, the most compelling thing to me was video of mules depositing ballots and taking pictures of it. Who does that except maybe for payment? And, yes, it could be either side. The point is that doesn't need to happen... we need in-person voting or regular absentee ballots to prevent it.

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I think the idea was there was no way of telling who they came from... I may be wrong.
Except for the name and address of the voter which was checked against the voter registration records and the voter's signature which was compared to the signature on file. Other than that there is no way of telling where they came from. -
we need in-person voting or regular absentee ballots to prevent it.
You still haven't explained how a "regular" absentee ballot is different from a "covid" absentee ballot.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Except for the name and address of the voter which was checked against the voter registration records and the voter's signature which was compared to the signature on file. Other than that there is no way of telling where they came from. -
You still haven't explained how a "regular" absentee ballot is different from a "covid" absentee ballot.
Any absentee ballot handled by a third party runs the risk of being abused. It's my understanding that regular absentee ballots have more requirements and guidelines. Are you not for doing all we can to insure the integrity of the vote?

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Any absentee ballot handled by a third party runs the risk of being abused. It's my understanding that regular absentee ballots have more requirements and guidelines. Are you not for doing all we can to insure the integrity of the vote?
As far as I know, the regulations and guidelines were not changed. The only things that changed were the eligibility requirements to cast an absentee ballot and the dates by which they had to be received. I know this for certain in North Carolina where I voted--by absentee ballot. In North Carolina any "third party" must provide a name, address and signature and state his relationship to the voter. There is a place to fill out all this information on the envelope the ballot goes in.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As far as I know, the regulations and guidelines were not changed. The only things that changed were the eligibility requirements to cast an absentee ballot and the dates by which they had to be received. I know this for certain in North Carolina where I voted--by absentee ballot. In North Carolina any "third party" must provide a name, address and signature and state his relationship to the voter. There is a place to fill out all this information on the envelope the ballot goes in.
This was for Covid ballots, right? As far as I know, application for, elgibility reqirements, and process guidelines for a regular absentee ballot are more stringent??? Maybe I'm wrong... I still don't think they're a good thing for either party, except in well-defined and limited situations.

Upvote 0

Deviant Writer

I choose the World. I choose the Flesh.
Sep 18, 2015
Michigan
✟77,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We need to get back to in-person voting and regular absentee ballots. If people won’t invest that much time in it they have no business voting anyway imo. Wear a mask if you're worried about Covid.

I did invest time in it. I took the ballot home, filled it out, and sent it in. I just had no interest in being in a huge crowd during the middle of a pandemic to vote in-person, as if that would somehow appease a group of people who were absolutely going to be screaming about voter fraud regardless.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I did invest time in it. I took the ballot home, filled it out, and sent it in. I just had no interest in being in a huge crowd during the middle of a pandemic to vote in-person, as if that would somehow appease a group of people who were absolutely going to be screaming about voter fraud regardless.
Are you not for doing all we can to insure the integrity of the vote? If the shoe ends-up on the other foot, your group will be screaming.

• Agree
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I understand not wanting in a crowd; I don't like it either. They just need to have separation guidelines at the polls, and I would wear a mask. No different from going to Walmart.

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
This was for Covid ballots, right? As far as I know, application for, elgibility reqirements, and process guidelines for a regular absentee ballot are more stringent???
No. In particular, the security safeguards were the same. There was nothing different about "covid" ballots except who could use them and when they were to be handed in.
Maybe I'm wrong... I still don't think they're a good thing for either party, except in well-defined and limited situations.
They are a good thing. They make it easier to vote and the security safeguards have proven successful. A couple of years ago here in NC there was a "vote harvesting" attempt by a GOP House candidate. It was quickly discovered and the perpetrators prosecuted. I think you are being caused unecessary concern by the rantings of hysterical conservatives who can't quite come to grips with the fact that Real True Christian Patriots are not a voting majority in this country any more.

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I understand not wanting in a crowd; I don't like it either. They just need to have separation guidelines at the polls, and I would wear a mask. No different from going to Walmart.
And many people were staying away from Walmart at the time, too.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Are you not for doing all we can to insure the integrity of the vote? If the shoe ends-up on the other foot, your group will be screaming.
What "shoe" are you talking about? There was no massive voter fraud in 2020.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No. In particular, the security safeguards were the same. There was nothing different about "covid" ballots except who could use them and when they were to be handed in. They are a good thing. They make it easier to vote and the security safeguards have proven successful. A couple of years ago here in NC there was a "vote harvesting" attempt by a GOP House candidate. It was quickly discovered and the perpetrators prosecuted. I think you are being caused unecessary concern by the rantings of hysterical conservatives who can't quite come to grips with the fact that Real True Christian Patriots are not a voting majority in this country any more.
Maybe, but when you see video of someone wearing a hoodie and disposable gloves depositing ballots and taking a picture of it...

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟261,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

Would you be willing to give up your ability to vote to make sure the vote is secure? If we limit it to only like five people voting, we can make sure that only those five people vote and those are the five votes that are counted insuring complete and total integrity of the vote. But then we really don’t have the will of the people any more. What too many in the GOP are suggesting is taking away people’s ability to vote in order to insure integrity. So the question is would you be willing to give up your vote to insure integrity? If not, don’t suggest moves that will take away other people’s ability to vote? There are any number of reasons an absentee vote is needed from not wanting to be in large crowds, to being stationed overseas, to having a job that doesn’t allow time to vote in person, to being not in physical shape to travel to go vote. Are these people’s voices irrelevant to you?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What "shoe" are you talking about? There was no massive voter fraud in 2020.
I'm talking about the potential for it... Are you not for doing all we can to insure the integrity of the vote?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Would you be willing to give up your ability to vote to make sure the vote is secure? If we limit it to only like five people voting, we can make sure that only those five people vote and those are the five votes that are counted insuring complete and total integrity of the vote. But then we really don’t have the will of the people any more. What too many in the GOP are suggesting is taking away people’s ability to vote in order to insure integrity. So the question is would you be willing to give up your vote to insure integrity? If not, don’t suggest moves that will take away other people’s ability to vote? There are any number of reasons an absentee vote is needed from not wanting to be in large crowds, to being stationed overseas, to having a job that doesn’t allow time to vote in person, to being not in physical shape to travel to go vote. Are these people’s voices irrelevant to you?
Let's just have 'call-in' voting then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟261,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Let's just have 'call-in' voting then.

Estonia has been voting over the Internet for 20 years and is closing in on half their votes being cast that way before COVID hit.

Upvote 0

Deviant Writer

I choose the World. I choose the Flesh.
Sep 18, 2015
Michigan
✟77,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you not for doing all we can to insure the integrity of the vote?

Yes, I am. But in light of all the audits that didn't help Trump's case and the lawsuits that have been dismissed on both the state and federal level, I can't help but question the sincerity of the Trump camp on "integrity of the vote." Especially when people proceed the statement by saying, "If you don't want to invest that much time, you have no business voting."

That begs some questions that I think are also important. I'm 31. I'm a US citizen. I'm registered. So why do I have no business voting if I don't want to stand in a massive line during a pandemic? Why do I have no business voting if I don't want to stand in a massive line at all?

If the shoe ends-up on the other foot, your group will be screaming.

If the shoe represents my side losing an election, some of them will, yes. And when their claims of "The other side cheated!" roll over and die in court, I won't believe them either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟309,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe, but when you see video of someone wearing a hoodie and disposable gloves depositing ballots and taking a picture of it...
Just because they are wearing a hoodie and disposable gloves does not mean they are doing something illegal.

Do that have multiple photos or videos of that person doing it multiple times?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just because they are wearing a hoodie and disposable gloves does not mean they are doing something illegal.
True

Do that have multiple photos or videos of that person doing it multiple times?
I'm not sure. I just watched it once and you know how that is, plus it was a few days ago. Watch it if you can, even if you don't agree, it's entertaining. My take, as I said earlier, is the potential for abuse, detected or not.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0