sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then, it might be wise for Futurists to let the Book speak for itself.

None of us read Scripture in a vacuum.

All of us are influenced by the church we are from, the preachers we watch online, the books we read, etc

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of us read Scripture in a vacuum.

All of us are influenced by the church we are from, the preachers we watch online, the books we read, etc

I was brought up Pretrib Premil but come across many contradictions in them. I started an incredible search for myself. I studied Genesis to Jude because I found Revelation so difficult. Genesis to Jude taught me: when Jesus comes that it is! Men are either saved or lost, heaven or hell, caught up or caught on. It is all over. It is the end. There will be a general resurrection/judgment. I am now Amil.

Some of us lent upon the Word of God alone to ascertain truth.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was brought up Pretrib Premil but come across many contradictions in them. I started an incredible search for myself. I studied Genesis to Jude because I found Revelation so difficult. Genesis to Jude taught me: when Jesus comes that it is! Men are either saved or lost, heaven or hell, caught up or caught on. It is all over. It is the end. There will be a general resurrection/judgment. I am now Amil.

Some of us lent upon the Word of God alone to ascertain truth.

Nice to know your personal testimony. You did read books and listened to preachers on the Internet who espoused those views correct?

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nowadays with Internet, that depends on which echo chamber one places himself in, and how many likes that opinion receives from that echo chamber. =)

The internet is a force for both good and evil.
Its use requires wisdom and discernment.
But we don't need the internet to inform us about Matthew 15:24.
Do you wish to continue to discuss it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice to know your personal testimony. You did read books and listened to preachers on the Internet who espoused those views correct?

No. All the preaching I was under was Premil. I did not go searching for any Amil preachers. I only read books after I had ascertained the truth. I kept to Scripture. I even traveled to a Premil conference in Scotland at the beginning of 2000 to see how my findings could stand scrutiny.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. All the preaching I was under was Premil. I did not go searching for any Amil preachers. I only read books after I had ascertained the truth. I kept to Scripture. I even traveled to a Premil conference in Scotland at the beginning of 2000 to see how my findings could stand scrutiny.

I only read books after I had ascertained the truth. I kept to Scripture.

===

I believe for all of us, learning is a dynamic process. Over time, what we take as truth is consolidated and strengthened, as we read and learn from different sources.

So I felt it was interesting that you expressed certainty that only AFTER you ascertained the truth from reading scripture ALONE, THEN you read those books.

But nevertheless, if you claim that to be true for you, I can respect that.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK. We first need to decide what sheep Jesus was referring to. Were they:

1. Literal animals
2. Figurative people

My view is that it refers to unbelieving Jews from Israel, based on a cross reference verse Matthew 9:36, as well as the context in Matthew 15 when that gentile woman approach him.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My view is that it refers to unbelieving Jews from Israel, based on a cross reference verse Matthew 9:36, as well as the context in Matthew 15 when that gentile woman approach him.

I would agree that it included them, but also extended beyond them. Those of the house of Israel were known as Israelites, and Israelites were comprised of both descendants of Abraham, and non-descendants of Abraham. (Genesis 17:12). So Jesus ministry was to lost Israelites.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would agree that it included them, but also extended beyond them. Those of the house of Israel were known as Israelites, and Israelites were comprised of both descendants of Abraham, and non-descendants of Abraham. (Genesis 17:12). So Jesus ministry was to lost Israelites.

That I can agree with, as long as you don't include gentiles into "lost Israelites".

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Non-descendants of Abraham were ultimately known as Gentiles.

In that case I would disagree then.

In time past, which includes the time of Jesus first coming, if gentiles want to be included in covenant God made with Jacob's descendants, they have to join the nation of Israel too. (Ephesians 2:11-12, Romans 15:8).

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I only read books after I had ascertained the truth. I kept to Scripture.

===

I believe for all of us, learning is a dynamic process. Over time, what we take as truth is consolidated and strengthened, as we read and learn from different sources.

So I felt it was interesting that you expressed certainty that only AFTER you ascertained the truth from reading scripture ALONE, THEN you read those books.

But nevertheless, if you claim that to be true for you, I can respect that.

I did not want my studies to be colored by man. My dad had been a Pretrib Premil pastor and I had respected him a lot. He was the biggest influence on me growing up. But i knew i needed to depend upon the Word.

• Friendly
Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In that case I would disagree then.

In time past, which includes the time of Jesus first coming, if gentiles want to be included in covenant God made with Jacob's descendants, they have to join the nation of Israel too. (Ephesians 2:11-12, Romans 15:8).

Yes, in the earlier days of Israel, they were part of the nation.

But over the millennia, they could be found in every nation. (Acts 2:5; Acts 10:34-35)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.