2 Timothy 18;....

A

ayeess

To me, this dream just seems demonic and that is compounded considering you heard a voice which I believe is of a demon, he was probably in your room transferring that thought into your mind. He was also probably in your dream as well...I believe he was just trying to discourage you from standing tall and proclaiming with boldness God's word. I also think this dream is encouraging you to read your bible more often so that no one will be able to deceive you or lead you astray. If I were you I would read scriptures pertaining to courage: Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee (Deut. 31:6)
Also scriptures pertaining to wisdom and understanding...read and meditate on Ephesians 1:15-23, the scripture is concerning spiritual wisdom.
Also, before you go to sleep, plea the blood of Jesus over your mind, body, soul and every part of you and of your room and that if any demon would try to enter that they be met with the foot of the cross and the precious blood of Jesus and also put on the full armor of God in Ephesians 6, so that you will be prepared to fight even while in your sleep and when you pray before you sleep, pray that you will get dreams and visions from GOD. And one more thing that encourages me is when I pray I remind myself that Jesus was the LION of the TRIBE OF JUDAH, and that I will be a lioness just like him and BE AS BOLD.

Upvote 0

danielAMx

Jul 4, 2012
✟15,165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To me, this dream just seems demonic and that is compounded considering you heard a voice which I believe is of a demon, he was probably in your room transferring that thought into your mind. He was also probably in your dream as well...I believe he was just trying to discourage you from standing tall and proclaiming with boldness God's word. I also think this dream is encouraging you to read your bible more often so that no one will be able to deceive you or lead you astray. If I were you I would read scriptures pertaining to courage: Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee (Deut. 31:6)
Also scriptures pertaining to wisdom and understanding...read and meditate on Ephesians 1:15-23, the scripture is concerning spiritual wisdom.
Also, before you go to sleep, plea the blood of Jesus over your mind, body, soul and every part of you and of your room and that if any demon would try to enter that they be met with the foot of the cross and the precious blood of Jesus and also put on the full armor of God in Ephesians 6, so that you will be prepared to fight even while in your sleep and when you pray before you sleep, pray that you will get dreams and visions from GOD. And one more thing that encourages me is when I pray I remind myself that Jesus was the LION of the TRIBE OF JUDAH, and that I will be a lioness just like him and BE AS BOLD.

Demons never like when you do anything spiritual with God or the Bible.

Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Two greatest commandements are to love.
Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 18 and 21 could have been remembered incorrectly. 2Tim 2:18-21 seems to apply to your dream very well.

who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”
20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. 21 Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.

What did you honestly think of the woman who entered...how did she make you feel?

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would say she seemed like distraction in a way, someone who distracted others from focusing on what I had to say when I was serious. http://www.christianforums.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=61068601

My own thoughts, briefly, are that this may be the crux of your dream. IRL is there someone (a woman) who you feel is downplaying your role in life, attention seeking when it's your turn to shine. limiting your input?

Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Two greatest commandements are to love.
Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds applicable to me. The dream maybe a refresher course for handling something similar in your current life or church. Keep your eyes upon Jesus and off of others and their accomplishments. Tune into the Lords leading, and resisit looking at others. Be free to be and do what the Lord has called you to be....not on how others perceive you. Paying no attention is the best way to ignore those that have other motives. If you can do that, you will not be distracted and leave people waiting for you to minister to them.

Upvote 0

WeWillSeeHimWhenHeAppears

Every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him
May 8, 2012
✟7,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the gathering of a few people I was called out to read some Bible verses. I got up with a very big bible, and was told to read 2 Timothy 18:21. I asked if they wanted me to read the whole 18, but she said no, just 18 verse 21

This dream apparently relates to a fellowship, because of the fact that you were called to read some Bible verses. The fact that the Bible is big is unknown, but clearly the Bible is represented. You were told to read 2 Timothy 18:21 which does not exist, so you were told to do something that is, in fact, impossible. This demonstrates a weight -- a spiritual weight, I believe, or a spiritual yoke. It is the same yoke, I believe, that Jesus was referring to when He said, "Woe to you lawyers as well! For you weigh men down with burdens hard to bear, while you yourselves will not even touch the burdens with one of your fingers." (Luke 11:46)

The dream shows you as being in submission to these people who are asking you to do something that is, in fact, impossible. It has to do with a "gathering of a few people" so I assume this refers to a spiritual fellowship, which could include a Bible study, church, group of believers, etc. The fact that you were told to read 2 Timothy 18:21, in my opinion, is in itself inconsequential, but merely pointing to the impossible (a yoke too great to bear).

In the dream, the woman is very specific. She said no, just 18 verse 21. In my opinion, this is a covert reference to the Lord wanting you to see one thing in this dream. It may be a reference to one thing that is needed to be done in response to this dream. Regardless of whether you were told to read the entire (non-existent) chapter, or just one verse, it amounts to the same impossible task.

I opened my bible to it, but it felt like my tongue was stuck, everyone was looking at me to start reading, and I started but something kept distracting me. I could not focus or concentrate or read what was in there. Felt like I could not find the verse i was looking for. I kept asking what verse and chapter. i pro'lly asked more than 5 times.

You opened your Bible, but you felt like your tongue was stuck. This may relate to a communication problem between you and another person (or persons).

everyone was looking at me to start reading

This denotes that there is an expectation being put upon you by others. In my opinion, this dream points to false expectations being put upon you, because of the first part, where you were asked to do "the impossible" (read a verse that did not exist). In my opinion, this points right back to Luke 11:46 quoted above, concerning the spirit at work in this fellowship. Thus, I believe this dream points to spiritual warfare. (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)

I started but something kept distracting me

The something that kept distracting you, I believe, are "promptings" of the Holy Spirit. He is grieved when others try to put a spiritual yoke on us and will either allow things to happen, or cause things to happen, which try to distract us from being influenced by them. The enemy seeks to kill and destroy, but Jesus seeks life (John 10:10).

I could not focus or concentrate or read what was in there. Felt like I could not find the verse i was looking for. I kept asking what verse and chapter. i pro'lly asked more than 5 times.

This again points to a spiritually oppressive yoke, as opposed to the true yoke of Jesus, which is "light" and "easy" by comparison (even though there is "work" involved in serving the Lord, it is not oppressive). (Matthew 11:28-30) Note that the spirit behind the scribes, Pharisees, and religious leaders of Jesus's day was Satanic, and it led people to hell. (Matthew 23:15)

Then i got serious and told them i would fucus this time that ive never been this distracted or unable to read the bible verse before and i told them if i didnt read it well this time they should 'boo'

The fact that you got serious means you are "trying harder" but to no avail from a spiritual perspective, because the yoke that has been put upon you is the same, basically, as that which the Pharisees and scribes and religious leaders put upon the people of their day. I think there is possibly a spirit of self-condemnation represented here, because you are inviting them to 'boo'. The focus here is on your inability to perform in their eyes, and it results in a negative shadow upon you. This part demonstrates some type of negative spirit at work. I believe the fear of man is represented in this part of the dream (which relates to trying to please others who will simply never be pleased). (Proverbs 29:25)

As i got serious, a woman entered an all focus was on her, i still tried to keep reading but she would say something and they would turn to her again.

Is this woman the "leader"? Whoever she is, she seems to be respected or given some attention. I'm not sure how this fits in, but it may make more sense to you in context with other things that are not mentioned in this dream. There is perhaps a "dynamic" between you and another person (a woman) that is represented here, but I'm not sure. You would have to seek the Lord on that one.

When i woke up, i picked my bible as the numbers were still stuck in my head. Even before i opened 2 timothy, something told me there was no 2 timothy 18. I read all the verse 18 and 21 in 2nd timothy, and i prayed for i wasnt too sure what was going on.

This dream is, in my opinion, a revelation from God concerning the spirit at work in the fellowship in which you are a part of, or which you were a part of. How to deal with this is another question. In situations where there is a spiritually oppressive yoke, usually a person should leave and find a new place of fellowship. However, that is just a general statement. There does not seem to be any specific direction given in this dream, but what does stand out is the revelation of what spirit is at work in all of this, which in my opinion is a spiritual yoke of slavery --- characterized by asking you to do "the impossible."

Getting back to the very beginning, the person at the start in the dream said to read just one verse. In the big scheme of things, I think this is pointing to one thing the Lord wants you to take away from this dream. Here's what it possibly may be: Don't condemn yourself or blame yourself for anything that you experienced in relationship to this fellowship -- it was not you, but an oppressive spirit that was at work.

God bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums