inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you were caught oncamera running a red light illegally, and fined $350 for it,
would you pay the fine based on feelings, or facts ?
i would be dead as i cant drive but i get it i would pay as its law

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,136.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have ocd and i cant feel sorry for sin as it messed up my feelings and i repent and ask for forgiveness but im worried theres a sin forgot about and ill go to hell for it.

what did jesus mean by not all who call on him will enter heaven

I will recommend you read Destined to Reign.

The author was ocd during his younger days, he thought he committed the unpardonable sin and was destined for hell.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
but someone just said we gotta feed the hungry and cloth the naked or we wont go to heaven
That's flat out untrue. We are not saved by our works but by God's grace alone. That doesn't mean we as Christians don't do good works. Works show a regenerated heart. However the works don't save us.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i have ocd and i cant feel sorry for sin as it messed up my feelings and i repent and ask for forgiveness but im worried theres a sin forgot about and ill go to hell for it.

You don't need to "feel" sorry, just repent.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
i would be dead as i cant drive but i get it i would pay as its law
Good that you do get it even though not being able to drive, yes.

The law says also, the penalty for sin is death.

Feelings or no feelings, the penalty must be paid.

Either Jesus paid the price (HE DIED for us sinners), OR we die for our own sins.
Simple choice to make, I think. Since Jesus already died for our sins,
there
is no reason for us to die for our sins, is there ? SO turn to Jesus, go to Jesus, and to the Father in heaven, in prayer and praise and thanksgiving...
and take everything to the THRONE OF GRACE for help today in the time of need, and every day whenever there is need ,
and every day with a heart thanking Jesus and the Father for every good gift ever.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
but someone just said we gotta feed the hungry and cloth the naked or we wont go to heaven
COMPARE this , what they said, to the laws about red lights.

If we break the law and run a red light, there is a penalty (already noted).

If we break GOD'S LAW, and "run a red light" == that is if we see someone hungry or thirsty and do not feed them and do not give them a glass of water when we can do that, then we will have to pay some penalty probably. (God Knows, and He is the Judge).

Not always eviction from heaven, no, but more likely a correction so we learn what to do as God's Children IN HIS KINGDOM - He is always faithful and just, and will guide us every day as He Says.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
COMPARE this , what they said, to the laws about red lights.

If we break the law and run a red light, there is a penalty (already noted).

If we break GOD'S LAW, and "run a red light" == that is if we see someone hungry or thirsty and do not feed them and do not give them a glass of water when we can do that, then we will have to pay some penalty probably. (God Knows, and He is the Judge).

Not always eviction from heaven, no, but more likely a correction so we learn what to do as God's Children IN HIS KINGDOM - He is always faithful and just, and will guide us every day as He Says.
i get paid monthly from benifits nd i buy alot of stuff for gaming and games but if i have like 40 left over and am about to leave there a corner where theres a homless person sits sometimes and if a person is there ill give them a 20 all the time as i feel sorry for them

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus gave a very scary warning in the Book of Matthew that those who fail to feed the hungry and clothe the naked will not make it to Heaven, even if they call him Lord.
we are saved by grace not works

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
we are saved by grace not works
Yes, and anyone saved by grace
lives as Jesus says - generously and actually self-sacrificially with their 'possessions' and such in life....
the "new heart"/ "new creation" HAS the mind of CHrist (has HIS attitude) and thus does what the Father says to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@jasonMalloy1999

I'm so sorry to hear of this. I do pray for you and to overcome this struggle with Jesus Christ. While I cannot relate to this struggle, I do empathize with your plea.
This is how I came to Christ:

I hit rock bottom in my life, nobody wanted to be my friend and I could not find a suitable man to be married to. My job I wanted to climb in the company rejected me, the place was very corrupt with favouritism, and much more in my life was not working out. I saw my life going no where.
I was going to end it all, but then a thought entered my mind.

I told God that I was done with doing things my way as my way was not ever working for me. I repented and asked Him what His Truth was, so that I wouldn't be deceived and what His language is in His Word so that I may understand who He truly is.

He answered me by opening my mind to His instruction and I suddenly understood much more than I thought possible. Meaning He gave me His wisdom to His truths. I had knowledge before laying my life to Christ but I didn't understand. I had to surrender my full life to Him. Then He began to teach me His Word by reading and by asking Him questions of things I did not understand.

The battle is always with our mind, sometimes an impure thought will enter my mind or a trick and I immediately battle against that with the Word of God, the Bible and by praying to God. Sometimes I don't want to read the Bible, but I do anyway and I always end up wanting to read more. I hope this helps you.
:yellowheart:

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I have OCD as well. My problem with it was it cause me to rely on myself far too much. That is what keeps us away from Jesus. Faith has nothing to do with what "we can do" but instead with what Jesus can do within us.

Letting go of our need to be in control of our own lives is difficult but necessary for all. We cannot let go on our own either. We must have God do that for us as well.

I do pray that you call out to our Father in heaven to help guide you. If you are baptized you have God's Holy Spirit living in you. Spend time when you are alone to search for that Spirit to take control of your life and may he lead you to peace.

God bless

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and anyone saved by grace
lives as Jesus says - generously and actually self-sacrificially with their 'possessions' and such in life....
the "new heart"/ "new creation" HAS the mind of CHrist (has HIS attitude) and thus does what the Father says to do.
im screwed then as my ocd puts swears words in my head and i cant hear the father and i dont know what attitude he has also i dont know if i got a new heart all i know is i wanna worship jesus and go to heaven

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have OCD as well. My problem with it was it cause me to rely on myself far too much. That is what keeps us away from Jesus. Faith has nothing to do with what "we can do" but instead with what Jesus can do within us.

Letting go of our need to be in control of our own lives is difficult but necessary for all. We cannot let go on our own either. We must have God do that for us as well.

I do pray that you call out to our Father in heaven to help guide you. If you are baptized you have God's Holy Spirit living in you. Spend time when you are alone to search for that Spirit to take control of your life and may he lead you to peace.

God bless
i feel scared y it as i have not been baptized because no church will reply to my emails but the holy spirit dwells in me

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well my ocd messed up my feeling so i dont feel guilty or bad a bout sinning but i still ask for forgiveness and a person said to me before it was fake repentance i was doing

Sin always bothers me.

Being in a state of Repentance
is common around here.

The Sanctification Process for most sinners
is not an easy one.

Attending a solid Church today
one that understands our condition
preaching straight from the Bible
always refreshing for the mind and soul
also Communion today
a time for (serious) reflection.

Have a nice Sunday,
Bob

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin always bothers me.

Being in a state of Repentance
is common around here.

The Sanctification Process for most sinners
is not an easy one.

Attending a solid Church today
one that understands our condition
preaching straight from the Bible
always refreshing for the mind and soul
also Communion today
a time for (serious) reflection.

Have a nice Sunday,
Bob
i tried they dont reply to my emails and my ocd messed up my feelings thats why i dont fel guilt or bothered by it but still repent

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
im screwed then as my ocd puts swears words in my head and i cant hear the father and i dont know what attitude he has also i dont know if i got a new heart all i know is i wanna worship jesus and go to heaven
When people hit rock bottom, then turn to Jesus, it is good.
2 questions

Upvote 0