Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Don't tell that to AVET and others here who claim that the KJV1611 Bible is more accurate than any version that preceeded it.

The KJV is my favorite version too. The 16th century English prose forces you to reread almost everything many times. This necessarily intense study yields meanings denied in other versions, especially modern language ones. Modern versions eliminate many very meaningful words that lead to fuller understandings. In this respect they defeat the very purpose for which they were written............Mmmmmmmmm.........or do they?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just a reminder, but G2 is much older than G1, was written by a different author and uses different word for god as compared to G1.

I would guess that Moses commissioned a number of others (scribes?) to help or do the actual writing (under his supervision of course). Perhaps several were assigned to cover different subjects or time periods. Moses' 'speech problem' may have played a part as well. That his death is described in a book he supposedly wrote is pretty convincing evidence of other writers.

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
I would guess that Moses commissioned a number of others (scribes?) to help or do the actual writing (under his supervision of course). Perhaps several were assigned to cover different subjects or time periods. Moses' 'speech problem' may have played a part as well. That his death is described in a book he supposedly wrote is pretty convincing evidence of other writers.
Yes, and the two accounts were recorded several hundred years apart.

Upvote 0