Day 3: land, sea, grass, herbs, fruit trees
Day 4: greater light (day), lesser light (night),
stars, (signs, seasons, days, years)
Day 5: water bring forth creatures, fowl, whales,
creatures, winged fowl
Day 6: earth bring forth living creatures, cattle,
creeping things, beasts of the earth,
man

Genesis 2 has man before the animals. Also, it appears that god created man and women at the same time in G1, but at completely separate times in G2.

According to scholars, G1 & G2 are written in completely different styles, and the word for god is even different in both accounts. How is there a "evening and morning" for the first three days of creation if the sun, moon and stars are not created until day four?

Taken literally, the two accounts cannot be reconciled without special pleading.

Reminder that the bible has been 'misinterpreted by mistranslation', thus much misunderstanding. Fortunately we can reconstruct the original (or close to it) language and properly translate it. A corrective example for you; the sun and moon were 'appointed' as 'time and date' keepers on the fourth day. They already existed prior to the first day of the REcreation (renewal) of earth's once-again flooded surface. What is believed to be the creation of sun and moon on day one is really the removal of the 'darkness' that shrouded the earth, allowing the light of the sun to once again provide light upon it.

Reactions: juvenissun
Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Reminder that the bible has been 'misinterpreted by mistranslation', thus much misunderstanding. Fortunately we can reconstruct the original (or close to it) language and properly translate it. A corrective example for you; the sun and moon were 'appointed' as 'time and date' keepers on the fourth day. They already existed prior to the first day of the REcreation (renewal) of earth's once-again flooded surface. What is believed to be the creation of sun and moon on day one is really the removal of the 'darkness' that shrouded the earth, allowing the light of the sun to once again provide light upon it.

Hey, somehow I did not pay enough attention to this meaning. It means a lot. Thanks, OWG.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Don't tell that to AVET and others here who claim that the KJV1611 Bible is more accurate than any version that preceeded it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't tell that to AVET and others here who claim that the KJV1611 Bible is more accurate than any version that preceeded it.
The KJVO movement was started to counter the rising tide of alternate versions and their subsequent failures to include key Truths from Scripture.

Whenever a major point is made in the KJV, an alternate version "conveniently" either leaves it out, or mistranslates it.

Cases in point: Satan's angelic name (Lucifer) and the Trinity.

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
Just a reminder, but G2 is much older than G1, was written by a different author and uses different word for god as compared to G1.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just a reminder, but G2 is much older than G1, was written by a different author and uses different word for god as compared to G1.
No redactions from Moses, huh?

Upvote 0

Boogdar

Nov 29, 2010
✟7,695.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1

Day 1: light day/dark night
Day 2: firmament
Day 3: land, sea, grass, herbs, fruit trees
Day 4: greater light (day), lesser light (night),
stars, (signs, seasons, days, years)
Day 5: water bring forth creatures, fowl, whales,
creatures, winged fowl
Day 6: earth bring forth living creatures, cattle,
creeping things, beasts of the earth,
man

Genesis 2 has man before the animals. Also, it appears that god created man and women at the same time in G1, but at completely separate times in G2.

According to scholars, G1 & G2 are written in completely different styles, and the word for god is even different in both accounts. How is there a "evening and morning" for the first three days of creation if the sun, moon and stars are not created until day four?

Taken literally, the two accounts cannot be reconciled without special pleading.

Right, I was talking to Juvenism who claimed they were perfectly synchronized but failed to provide any details. Now he says we have to ask specific questions, but I was just looking for the details to back up his claim.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

The part bolded in red is what LTTF likely means when he says "special pleading". ;)

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
Right, I was talking to Juvenism who claimed they were perfectly synchronized but failed to provide any details. Now he says we have to ask specific questions, but I was just looking for the details to back up his claim.
I wouldn't worry too much about him. He tends to confuse himself easy enough.

If you want to talk about imperfect synchronizations however, look no further than your BOM. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Boogdar

Nov 29, 2010
✟7,695.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If you want to talk about imperfect synchronizations however, look no further than your BOM. ;)

Bit off topic, but I'm intrigued. Perhaps you could send me a personal message? I see that you are agnostic, I was agnostic for a large part of my life, so I think I'll appreciate your kind of thinking, even if I don't agree. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
Bit off topic, but I'm intrigued. Perhaps you could send me a personal message? I see that you are agnostic, I was agnostic for a large part of my life, so I think I'll appreciate your kind of thinking, even if I don't agree. :thumbsup:
I was just alluding to JS and the BOM's dubious beginnings.
Don't worry, used to be a bible thumpin' evangelical before I saw the light.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

That is a good question.

Because the content of Gen 1 and Gen 2 explains each other.

Is it a good detail, which backs up on my claim?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Agnosticism is no good in any religion. It takes all the assumed punishment, but receives zero benefit.

Upvote 0