2 Cor 3:6-11 Affirms the Law of God, and the New Covenant where it is written on the heart

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Only God knows what we do and don’t do, and it’s not according to you but God’s Word. What I do or don’t do is between me and God, same applies to you and everyone. We are not judged on a sliding scale or based on what others do or don’t do so it’s best to worry about our own actions, as there is nothing we can hide from God Ecc 12:13-14. We can show each other the scriptures, but leave the judging to God. It way above our pay grade.
OK, so you cannot say you fully obey that list and do not commit sin, but you also say believers are saved from their sin not in their sin. Do you not see a contradiction there?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
OK, so you cannot say you fully obey that list and do not commit sin, but you also say believers are saved from their sin not in their sin. Do you not see a contradiction there?
No. I never said I don’t fully obey, it’s really none of your business it is between me and God, just like what you do is between you and God. We can show others the scriptures but it’s not our place to worry if others sin, especially strangers because it has nothing to do with our own judgement. Jesus isn’t going to give us a pass because so and so didn’t obey Him- we each have to stand before Jesus based on our own deeds 2 Cor 5:10 so what I do and don’t do has nothing to do with your salvation. I will say, if I sin, I do not wait to repent because covering our sins is a really bad idea Pro 28:13 and true repentance means a change of heart and a change of direction.

Anyway, I need to run. Take care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No. I never said I don’t fully obey, it’s really none of your business it is between me and God, just like what you do is between you and God. We can show others the scriptures but it’s not our place to worry if others sin, because it has nothing to do with our own judgement. Jesus isn’t going to give us a pass because so and so didn’t obey Him- we each have to stand before Jesus based on our own deeds, so what I do and don’t do has nothing to do with your salvation. I will say, if I sin, I do not wait to repent because covering our sins is a really bad idea Pro 28:13 and true repentance means a change of heart and a change of direction.

Anyway, I need to run. Take care.
Well you didn't say you do not fully obey that list, but neither did you say you do fully obey that list. I have never come across anyone in any denomination who has even tried constantly to fully obey that list. In my view, it is best just to be honest about it, if we are mindful of the second greatest commandment. You take care also

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well you didn't say you do not fully obey that list, but neither did you say you do fully obey that list. I have never come across anyone in any denomination who has even tried constantly to fully obey that list. In my view, it is best just to be honest about it, if we are mindful of the second greatest commandment. You take care also

Scriptures show God has a people who does overcome Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14 so instead of worrying what you feel others are or aren’t doing, its best to work on ourselves through Christ. :)

• Winner
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Scriptures show God has a people who does overcome Rev 14:12 rev 22:14 so instead of worrying what you feel others aren’t doing,, its best to work on ourselves through Christ.
I thought you had to go? Well if overcoming means fully obeying all of the letter of the TC and Christ's teaching no one overcomes do they! Its good to discern what scripture is stating, otherwise we could end up condemning ourselves

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I thought you had to go? Well if overcoming means fully obeying all of the letter of the TC and Christ's teaching no one overcomes do they! Its good to discern what scripture is stating, otherwise we could end up condemning ourselves
Obviously you didn’t read my post or understand the magnitude of the Ten Commandments. If we are walking in His Spirit, the letter would automatically be kept as the spirit of the law is greater than the letter, not lessor and Jesus showed examples of this right in the Ten teaching not to break or teach others to break the least of these commandments and in doing so one would be in fear of sin and judgement Mat 5:19-30

No, scripture clearly shows God has a people who overcomes. Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14 We can be in the camp that we can’t overcome and others can’t either, or we can have faith in Jesus that though Him we can walk in His righteousness that He imputes in His people who have a right relationship with Him. If we see ourselves hostile to His law Rom 8:7-8 its not a good sign.

Anyway have a blessed day all. :)

Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Obviously you didn’t read my post or understand the magnitude of the Ten Commandments. If we are walking in His Spirit, the letter would automatically be kept as the Spirit is greater than the letter, not lessor and Jesus showed examples of this right in the Ten teaching not to break or teach others to break the least of these commandments And in doing so one would be in fear of sin and judgement Mat 5:19-30

No, scripture clearly shows God has a people who overcomes. Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14 We can be in the camp that we can’t overcome and others can’t either, or we can have faith in Jesus that though Him we can walk in His righteousness that He imputes in His people who have a right relationship with Him. If we see ourselves hostile to His law Rom 8:7-8 its not a good sign.
Paul states to born again christians in the present tense: the letter of the TC kills. So it seems he does not agree with you. He also states believers die to the law, they are released from it and serve in the new way of the spirit not the old way of the written code/law. Im afraid you are rather proving my point here. Those who keep insisting we must obey the TC only have a shallow understanding as to what that entails

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I don’t believe this. The poster would have no way of knowing everything someone believes and it was a general statement- “anyone who teaches the Ten” so that would include Jesus and the apostles. Obviously someone is confused

Friend- a New Moon just means New Month and the word festivals is no where near this verse. We know there won’t be any sacrificial festivals in heaven because the Bible made that clear with the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ- the Perfect Lamb who can take away the sins of the world. This scriptures indicates the weekly cycle continues in heaven as it shows man will also work in heaven/new earth tending to vineyards and building houses but on the Sabbath His saints will gather before Him to worship. Isa 66:23 We can only worship Him in spirit on the Sabbath now I can’t imagine what that will be like to be in His presence- just like Adam and Eve before they disobeyed and sinned which separated them and us from God Isa 59:2. The New Moon means every New Month His saints will gather before Him to worship.
Although not stated in scripture I believe it’s possible a month will be 28 days which would make every New Moon a Sabbath.
If we're speculating, I'd say that if Isaiah 66 is about eternity, and there's no night (and along with that, I would assume, no evening) in the New Jerusalem, then the Sabbath that Isaiah speaks of must be metaphorical, something that occurs without the passing of days.

Regardless, if we are blessed to make it to live with Jesus for all eternity- no one will be complaining.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul states to born again christians in the present tense: the letter of the TC kills. So it seems he does not agree with you. He also states believers die to the law, they are released from it and serve in the new way of the spirit not the old way of the written code/law. Im afraid you are rather proving my point here. Those who keep insisting we must obey the TC only have a shallow understanding as to what that entails
Obviously you misunderstand Paul. Paul is not teaching we can literally worship other gods, literally vain God’s holy name, or steal or murder or teach against what Jesus taught that we can break the least of the commandments Mat 5:19-30

If one is walking in His Spirit they are not hostile to God’s law, Rom 8:4-8 Paul made that clear and Jesus shows us what it means to walk in the Spirit as an example as not having anger in our heart- do you really think Jesus taught we shouldn’t have anger in the heart but can literally murder? No wonder why we have this warning from Paul‘s writing 2 Peter 3:16

Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Obviously you misunderstand Paul. Paul is not teaching we can literally worship other gods, literally vain God’s holy name, or steal or murder or teach against what Jesus who taught that we can break the least of the commandments Mat 5:19-30

If one is walking in His Spirit they are not hostile to God’s law, Rom 8:4-8 Paul made that clear and Jesus shows us what it means to walk in the Spirit which is not having anger in our heart- do you really think Jesus taught we shouldn’t have anger in the heart but can literally murder? No wonder why we have this warning from Paul‘s writing 2 Peter 3:16
One of us does not understand Paul, that is true. After he stated believers are released from the law and serve in the new way of the spirit not the old way of the written code, he gave one of the TC as an example of why this is so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
One of us does not understand Paul, that is true. After he stated believers are released from the law and serve in the new way of the spirit not the old way of the written code, he gave one of the TC as an example of why this is so.
You might want to read the whole passage…..Paul never contradicted what Jesus taught - he was a servant of Christ Rom 1:1- he is hard to understand which is why we have the warning in scripture, people twist to their own destruction.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be [b]carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Paul is not teaching us to be carnally minded which is being hostile to Gods law. He is obviously not teaching we can worship other gods, steal, covet or murder or teach something different than Jesus that we can break or teach others to break the least of these commandments. Paul clearly states what maters is keeping the commandments of God 1 Cor 7:19. If one is walking in Christ the commanemnts would be kept, not broken.

It’s the fruit of a true believer.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Which reconcile us

Rev 22: 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. All gets sorted out soon enough.

Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You might want to read the whole passage…..Paul never contradicted what Jesus taught - he was a servant of Christ Rom 1:1- he is hard to understand which is why we have the warning in scripture, people twist to their own destruction.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be [b]carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Paul is not teaching us to be carnally minded which is being hostile to Gods law. He is obviously not teaching we can worship other gods, steal, covet or murder or teach something different than Jesus that we can break or teach others to break the least of these commandments. Paul clearly states what maters is keeping the commandments of God 1 Cor 7:19. If one is walking in Christ the commanemnts would be kept, not broken.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here[are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Which reconcile us

Rev 22: 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

If you understood Paul's message you would have no problem at all with what I am showing you of what he wrote

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you understood Paul's message you would have no problem at all with what I am showing you of what he wrote
I just see your words, not Paul’s. I see Paul words stripped of the context which most people do to try to make the case of lawlessness (without law) which is not biblical dnd will only lead people down the wrong path. Mat 5:19 It’s not what Paul taught, but he is hard to understand and why we are given the warning 2 Peter 3:16 because Paul never taught something different than Jesus. Jesus said if you love Me- keep My commandments John 14:15 Exo 20:6 which are kept by His faithful though love and faith 1 John 5:3 Rom 3:31 Rev 22:14 which reconciles us Rev 22:14

Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Which reconcile us

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. Rom7:4-6

Believers die to looking to the law, and seeking righteousness of obeying it. They are released from that way and instead look to Christ, trusting him, through the Spirit to live an ever holier life. What is the result?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

The more you trust in Christ and rely on the Holy Spirit, the more the fruits of the Spirit grow in your life. Against that fruit there is no law, for the fruits of the Spirit are the embodiment of how God wants you to live your life. If you measure your salvation by how well you obey the law you will always be guilty, for, the letter (of the law) kills(2Cor3:6) God will not accept a watered down version of the law from those who seek justification under it.

Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I just see your words, not Paul. I see Paul words stripped of the context which most people do to try to make the case of lawlessness (without law) which is not biblic
I just see your words, not Paul. I see Paul words stripped of the context which most people do to try to make the case of lawlessness (without law) which is not biblical.
My dear, the greatest 'lawlessness' I have seen in any church on over forty years was in a church where they continually stressed ''you must obey the TC''

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. Rom7:4-6

Believers die to looking to the law, and seeking righteousness of obeying it. They are released from that way and instead look to Christ, trusting him, through the Spirit to live an ever holier life. What is the result?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

The more you trust in Christ and rely on the Holy Spirit, the more the fruits of the Spirit grow in your life. Against that fruit there is no law, for the fruits of the Spirit are the embodiment of how God wants you to live your life. If you measure your salvation by how well you obey the law you will always be guilty, for, the letter (of the law) kills(2Cor3:6) God will not accept a watered down version of the law from those who seek justification under it.
No one is seeking the law to be righteous- only Jesus is righteous. If He is living in us (has the right relationship) He imputes (gives) us His righteousness and we would be living just as Christ lived through Him. Jesus kept all of the commandments of God Mat 15:10 and is our example to follow. 1 John 2:6. We would not be hostile to His law or teachings like Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-14 Mat 19:17-19 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 etc if He is living in us but we would be living by His every Word Mat 4:4

Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No one is seeking the law to be righteous- only Jesus is righteous. If He is living in us (has the right relationship) He imputes (gives) us His righteousness and we would be living jut as Christ lives through Him. Jesus kept all of the commandments of God Mat 15:10 and is our example to follow. 1 John 2:6. We would not be hostile to His law or teachings like Mat 5:19-30 Mat 15:3-14 Mat 19:17-19 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 etc if He is living in us but we would be living by His every Word Mat 4:4
I understand, you believe you are not made righteous by obeying the law, but you can only be in a righteous state if you do obey the law. If you understand the core foundation upon which the NC stands, you would know God put the knowledge in believers minds as to how he wants them to live and the desire in their hearts to live that way. BTW, if you understand Paul, why is the law the power of sin? 1Cor15:56

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I understand, you believe you are not made righteous by obeying the law, but you can only be in a righteous state if you do obey the law. If you understand the core foundation upon which the NC stands, you would know God put the knowledge in believers minds as to how he wants them to live and the desire in their hearts to live that way. BTW, if you understand Paul, why is the law the power of sin? 1Cor15:56
The law is just how we measure sin. 1 John 3:4 Romans 7:7 Romans 3:20 Mat 5:19-30 and what all man will be judged by James 2:10-12 Mat 5:19-30 Ecc 12:13-14 Rev 22:14-15

The sting of the law is the condemnation- death Rom 6:23 Christ gives us another option through faith. Instead of being condemned by the law- we can go to Him directly when we sin- which is breaking His law. He can change us from the inside out and though His power, we can keep His commandments and lived just as Christ lived and overcome. It’s a promise of scripture Rev 14:12. If we are hostile to God’s law and do not submit to it, its really a dangerous place to be Rom 8:7-8 Heb 10:26-30 as our salvation is from sin Mat 1:21. We need a conversion.

Now I really must go. Appreciate the chat. Take care

Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The law is just how we measure sin. 1 John 3:4 Romans 7:7 Romans 3:20 Mat 5:19-30 and what all man will be judged by James 2:10-12 Mat 5:19-30 Ecc 12:13-14 Rev 22:14-15

The sting of the law is the condemnation- death Rom 6:23 Christ gives us another option through faith. Instead of being condemned by the law- we can go to Him directly when we sin- which is breaking His law. He can change us from the inside out and though His power, we can keep His commandments and lived just as Christ lived and overcome. It’s a promise of scripture Rev 14:12. If we are hostile to God’s law and do not submit to it, its really a dangerous place to be Rom 8:7-8 Heb 10:26-30 as our salvation is from sin Mat 1:21. We need a conversion.

Now I really must go. Appreciate the chat. Take care
No truly born again christian can in their heart be hostile to not comitting murder, adultery, taking the Lords name in vain etc, not possible according to the core foundation upon which the new covenant stands. You need to appreciate why the power of sin is the law. Ive already shown you Paul's way via the gifts of the Spirit. Sorry, but your way, all you are left with is preaching a message you cannot possibly live up to in your own personal life. Jesus reserved his harshest words for the religious who acted that way. Of course, they used the letter of cherry picked scriptures to do it, as many do today

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hey there Bob. I was really hoping for a response to this.

Really?

I do and you and I are in the same court more or less. The fact that the new moon is mentioned is the issue. So by all appearances to the surface reader the new Moon festivals will be kept also in the new earth and heaven that are made by our Lord.
Agreed - but no animal sacrifices.
If new moon is a bad translation how do you prove that it is
New Moon as in the monthly new moon event that is observed in the sky.

I don't think this is a bad translation.
and is suppose to be translated just month?
Yes -- I don't think I have posted that "it just means month" -- rather it is pointing to the specific new moon event that happens each month.
It is a translation issue. And we can lay it out here. I only ask to make sure it is covered and to provoke you or someone else to answer
I don't think the "new moon to new moon" statement is a mistranslation or that it does not reference the new moon event that was being observed at the time Isaiah was writing.

Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0