1939 Madison Garden 'brown-shirt' rally, then NPR podcast wins Pultizer about undercurrents in extreme gun activists today

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,058.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,
what goes around comes around. America - please stay true to your reformed founding principles.
Those principles as clarified after your Civil War and the abolition of slavery.
Don't go down this pathway of prejudice and "othering."
You know who I'm talking about - the ultimate dog-whistler.

I always wondered how Trump could appeal to so many people so fast. But a cultural undercurrent of the themes in the above video have been growing in the gun movement. Now - as an Australian I have a VERY different opinion on the American "Right to bear arms" but that's a different subject.

Trump and his simplistic appeal to simplistic narratives is one issue.

There's another cultural phenomenon spreading through Facebook like a disease.
I'm talking about the extreme alt-right that see the NRA as soft lefty compromisers.
I'm talking about "Christian Reconstructionists" that go around saying there should not be ANY limits on ANY personal firearms whatsoever - that individuals should be allowed to carry fully militarised kit with them everywhere - whether bazooka's or whatever.
They abuse the phrase "RINO" - Republican In Name Only.
They're all over facebook.
If you love guns you've probably seen them.
But warning! They could be packing more than guns. They could be packing a whole agenda that looks straight out of "Handmaid's tale" - as their father home-schooled these guys and raised them to be so called "Christian Reconstructionists."
These guys are frauds.
They are NOT protecting your right to bear arms - but are staging fake activism on Facebook to take your money.
Do not give them your money.
Listen to the NPR coverage instead.

This podcast won a Pulitzer.
Please listen.

1703199441481.png