Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And make PSAs of little girls cursing about domestic violence against women, and completely glossing over the male victims.

Then swearing about women making less and being overall less respected. While studies show shorter men facing the same fate. Where is our outrage?!

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I see women daytime talkshows body shame men all the time. Yet make speeches about how you shouldn't do it to women.

I saw one with Sharon Osbourne and Jenny McCarthy I think her name was and that was pretty bad.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I saw one with Sharon Osbourne and Jenny McCarthy I think her name was and that was pretty bad.

The one where they laughed when a woman cut off her husbands private parts off?

Yeah, that was real cringe worthy. If the roles were reversed you can bet feminists would be totally enraged.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The one where they laughed when a woman cut off her husbands private parts off?

Yeah, that was real cringe worthy. If the roles were reversed you can bet feminists would be totally enraged.

That's the one. Disgusting.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour

4. The Feminist.
There’s no room within Christendom for the “Christian feminist.”

I'd also say there's no room within cogent sense for "Christian feminists", which may as well read "patriarchal feminist".

If there is such a thing as patriarchy, then the Christian church has been one of the largest drivers of it, if not the largest driver of it.

I suppose someone foolish enough to be either a Christian or a feminist may well compound their mistake and decide to be both.

It's like a singularity of fail ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
^While that may be true of certain kinds of "traditional" Christianity, that's not necessarily true if Christianity is seen as one of the world's earliest egalitarian movements in history. I think it's fairly obvious that one does not have to conform to ancient Mediterranean cultural norms in order to be Christian.

One doesn't *have to*, of course, but even a comparatively forward-thinking church like the Anglican communion has only just ratified the idea of women bishops, for example.

For something that Christians don't *have to* do, a lot of them still seem to end up doing it.

Upvote 0

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Nah that man just has the fear of women... *sigh* I actually thought this was a joke... I could weep sometimes i really could.

Ah, the old Feminist okey-doke: anyone who disagress with women or calls them out is a misogynist.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

:\

I don't think this is about gender warfare and I don't know the guy but I wouldn't necessarily call him a misogynist. Possibly a weird fundamentalist that needs to be re-integrated with civilized society, but not a misogynist. Folks, this is what happens when you lock yourself in a closet for too long with no form of contact with the outside world other than a 2000 year old book.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

3. The Older Woman.
Not a sin, but certainly not God’s ideal. God expects men to be the spiritual leaders of the home (Eph 5:25) and it certainly requires an extra measure of grace to lead a woman who’s older than you.
The older woman could have more grace for being submissive . . . if she is more mature in grace :)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though the outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day." (2 Corinthians 4:16)

And Jesus says not to judge according to outward appearance > John 7:24.

So, outward age could be included in outward appearance, I consider :)

If a woman can't be older than the one she is submissive to, this could mean older women can't be in churches with younger pastors > we are commanded to obey those who have the rule over us > Hebrews 13:17.

However, if you’re not yet married but thinking about an older woman I want to remind you that God intentionally (with good reason!) created Adam before Eve in the First Marriage.
It was not His intention for us to disobey Jesus by judging a lady by outward things. So, I can see He was not trying to get us to judge by outward age, which I think would be included in outward appearance.

Or you could take this further by saying that we need to know how old Adam was before God made Eve, so we can make sure we have exactly this age difference with whomever we marry.
Scripture informs us that God created man first chronologically for the sake of authority!
Then could this not mean we have an issue about older Christians having younger leaders in authority.

I don't think chronology is the measure of who is rightly in authority. For only one example, isn't the devil older than you? I have seen how certain ministers can appeal to their age and time of experience, but Satan has more time and experience.
Listen: “I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve” (1 Timothy 2:12-13).
What about Abigail? Please see 1 Samuel chapter 25 >

Abigail was a married woman, possibly for years with Nabal so she could have been older than David who was just getting started in authority. But David married her.

Also, Abigail stood up to David and helped him to not make such a big mistake like he was getting ready to do.

She did not take authority "over" David, but she used her power to help him to become the king he wanted to be, instead of a bloody revenge seeking sort of ruler.

Also, in 1 Corinthians 7:4 we have how "the husband does not have power over his own body, but the wife does." So, if she has power over his body, I offer, she has authority over him. But this means for his good, for loving him . . . not only for using him > there is this love meaning of scripture :)

So, I offer . . . when God says for a lady not to have power "over" her man, He means in a wrong way . . . dominating, controlling, criticizing, deceiving, using him.

"When she is serving him dinner, she is using her authority to get him to eat." :)

A lady of Jesus can help any man, using her power of Jesus in her (Galatians 2:20). But this is not "over", if it is not controlling and dominating (Ephesians 5:21). A really humble man will benefit from his ladies whom he knows >

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

Apparently, even secular researchers are now beginning to discover results that back up biblical claims:
I don't think you have provided any direct statements in the Bible which say what you have said. So, I don't think those secular people are backing claims which are "biblical". And I have offered scriptures and Abigail :)
“If you’re a woman two or more years older than your husband, your marriage is 53 percent more likely to end in divorce than if he was one year younger to three years older.” (Source: Rebecca Kippen, Bruce Chapman and Peng Yu, “What’s Love Got to Do With It? Homogamy and Dyadic Approaches to Understanding Marital Instability,” Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, 2009.)
In the United States, an accused person is evaluated according the merit of that person's individual case. Under the American Constitution, a person is not evaluated according to what others have done or failed to do. So, it would not be constitutional to guide one person's marriage choice based on other people's successes or errors, I consider :) God is creative, in His grace :)

Grace makes us able to abound more than how others have sinned and failed.

"where sin abounded, grace abounded much more" (in Romans 5:20).

Plus :) God's ways are "past finding out" > in Romans 11:33 > statistics can't tell us how things will work while we do things in God's grace with His love's ways which are "past finding out."

So, I hope you are discovering this with whomever you are sharing with . . . how, in loving, the ways are "past finding out", and when ones do differently than we expect and predict it can be because God has them doing more and better than we are ready to accept ! ! ! :)

Often, with my lady, she does things and I'm neh neh neh about it, but then in prayer - - once I am prayerful in peace (Colossians 3:15) - - - I have sense to appreciate how she is doing better than I have been ready to see and appreciate ! ! ! :)

In God's love we are eternal, not limited to the age of our bodies or what we think we can do or not.

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
N

Nanopants

I think it's noteworthy that the author closes with this passage:

Do you remember this account from Scripture:
Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. [39] And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to his teaching. [40] But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” [41] But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, [42] but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:38-42 ESV)
Marry the Mary (no pun intended). Such women have picked “…the good portion, which will not be taken away” from them. God be with you men. Strong families start with strong wives. Choose wisely and choose in the Lord!
But Mary definitely wasn't the one working hard to measure up to any sort of list. Also, since Mary is described as sitting at Christ's feet, the example also reminds me of another:

And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, “This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner.” ... "Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.” -Luke 7:37-39,47

I'm a little surprised, or maybe I shouldn't be, that this guy can be so well educated and walk away with such a different teaching.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

"where sin abounded, grace abounded much more" (in Romans 5:20).

Plus :) God's ways are "past finding out" > in Romans 11:33 > statistics can't tell us how things will work while we do things in God's grace with His love's ways which are "past finding out."

Exactly. Christianity is a religion of grace and miracles. It defies statistics, which there is plenty of room for in a world without God. There is no need to bring the statistics of a godless world into the Church and make a religion of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I suppose someone foolish enough to be either a Christian or a feminist may well compound their mistake and decide to be both.
I didn't realize you were against feminism as a whole. Or are you just referring to the current third-wave movement when you use the term?

(Honest question. Not baiting.)

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
I didn't realize you were against feminism as a whole. Or are you just referring to the current third-wave movement when you use the term?

(Honest question. Not baiting.)

Well, it's not like first-wave really exists any more, but there's plenty that's objectionable in all three waves.

Upvote 0
Just to play a bit with language: At "feminist" part, if I change the word "woman" to a "dog", and "husband" to a "human" while everything else stays intact (I cut out repetitive parts to make it shorter) could you guess that he is originally talking about a woman by what he actually says?

......Any dog who tries to usurp humans authority or even claims to be a co-leader with human is gravely dishonoring the God who created it to be subject and obedient to human ...... Dog was distinctly created “for” human, ...... Humans, your dog is to be your “helper” –not your leader and certainly not your equal in terms of authority.

I personally find woman who is a bit of feminist to be usually person with sense of justice and healthy self-respect. Only if "feminist" means man-hater, it becomes negative term.

that was brilliant.

Upvote 0