10 reasons why same sex marriage is harmful

Is same sex marriage right?

• It should be legal due to constitutional right but I believe it's a sin still

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • It's neither constitutional or biblical. Because it violates principles of religion it is not const

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • It is not a sin, and it is fully consituational

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well when Jesus himself steps out of heaven with perfect knowledge, perfect benevolence, and perfect power we can have one. Until then, no; nobody else on the planet is suited to hold the office.
That's The Thearchy, not a theocracy.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
and how many of these laws were constitutional?

turns out not a single one.

They coexisted with the Constitution for over 200 years - a far longer time to than we’ve been without them. In the history of Western civilization, toleration of homosexuality is the exception, not the rule. That was my point. Sabertooth’s contention that there is “just no way to enforce such standards” and that it is “outside of the jurisdiction of the law” is demonstrably false.

Upvote 0

Euodius

Are you kitten me right meow?
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2019
Stafford
✟49,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sure, Scripture can equip us to be responsible citizens and participants in our political processes.

I don't think the point is to try to legislate "the Bible," though. We never see in the New Testament the idea that Christianity is to be imposed on non-Christians; rather, that we have a responsibility to work for the good of all.

Yet, we see that when Rome became Christian, that the child-brothels were banned almost immediately. No longer were boys and girls to be legally raped to death (few would survive long enough to be teenagers.) No longer could boys castrated and mutilated into a 'third-kind' for the pleasure of perverts. And from the power of the empire, such practices disappeared (legally) around the world.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
well some day when Christ returns and outlaws evolution due to it's complete distortion of genesis 1-5, you hopefully are not suprised. But you are free to believe a rock in the universe had a primordial soup in which all life was created by random chance.....here is how it went down....soup created a cell, and that cell sprouted lungs,eyes, legs, and hopped out on the ground breathing no doubt (with fully functioning lungs - which don't work in water). Then it became heterosexual from being asexual, which is sort of impossible. Then it climbed a tree, grew a tail and fur, and started eating bananas. Then it's brain grew and it realized it was far too sophisticated to swing from trees, then started to think ...."lets chop down the trees and build big universities "where we teach we came from soup on a rock in space. You see my point, it's quite ridiculous. It takes a lot more faith to believe that than to believe God created us, agreed?
before you continue to make a fool of yourself you might want to actually learn about he simple basics of evolution

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They coexisted with the Constitution for over 200 years - a far longer time to than we’ve been without them.
just like laws denying full citizenship to women.

Jim Crow laws coexisted with the constitution for a century. the fact that they were struck down because they were unconstitutional has not stopped states have begun passing the new generation of Jim Crow laws

The fact that even today minorities are fighting for constitutionally guaranteed equal rights and legal protections says that states are willing to pass laws in defiance of the constitution and the detriment to all

In the history of Western civilization, toleration of homosexuality is the exception, not the rule.
just like racial equality

That was my point. Sabertooth’s contention that there is “just no way to enforce such standards” and that it is “outside of the jurisdiction of the law” is demonstrably false.
but the laws you are praising were outside the jurisdiction of the law[/quote][/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yet, we see that when Rome became Christian, that the child-brothels were banned almost immediately. No longer were boys and girls to be legally raped to death (few would survive long enough to be teenagers.) No longer could boys castrated and mutilated into a 'third-kind' for the pleasure of perverts. And from the power of the empire, such practices disappeared (legally) around the world.
unless those boys could sing....

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I would not be so sure, God's word is eternal. I believe God's word will be legislated fully in the millenial reign. If however God's word is imperfect, not suitable for "every good work." As 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says. or incomplete in some way, than we would have to debate innerrancy at that point, which is the topic of another thread. In fact I think legislating the Bible is such a laughable concept to people today, that Jesus will do it JUST BECAUSE HE IS GOD AND HE MAKES IMPOSSIBLE SITUATIONS WORK. But having said that, I dont' think that we are ever to give up, preparing, watching, waiting for his return as wise stewards, and legislating the Bible now, would be one way to create a better world. If the millenium is a better world due to biblical law, then biblical law now would also be a better world. Why wait? Why give up because it's hard, we are never to give up.

I can't see any need for legislation when Christ will be reigning directly and fully.

I am not wishing to debate inerrancy; but I don't believe that "legislating the Bible" would create a better world. We can't legislate belief, and without belief, enforcing works would be fruitless.

Upvote 0

Euodius

Are you kitten me right meow?
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2019
Stafford
✟49,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
unless those boys could sing....

There is a difference between the 4th century and the 14th century. For one, the practice of castrating boys to preserve their singing voice is Western Medieval - a practice that began after the Great Schism when the West left the Church and began suffering from a dwindling of grace.

Still, the point of castrating the boys was a return to a pagan/occult practice which had previously been outlawed by the Christianized Byzantine Empire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Thearchy is Jesus, Himself, on a physical Throne on Earth. Not fleshly priests guessing at His will. If His intentions are unclear (to us), we will be able to ask Him in Person; and everyone present will hear His answer, too.

Only His Kingship & High Priesthood is infallible. His Law & Judgment is flawless. His Church will be post-denominational; unified in love and true doctrine.

A theocracy, as we know them, cannot compare.

Thanks for that interesting post.

I just want to ask because after reading a good bit in the field of theology, the term Thearcky is new to me, what writers use this term as you define it? And can you give me any scriptures that indicate Jesus will rule from a physical throne on Earth?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just want to ask because after reading a good but in the field of theology, the term Thearcky is new to me, what writers use this term as you define it?
Thearchy is in the dictionary.

the·ar·chy
/ˈTHēˌärkē/
noun
archaic
noun: thearchy; noun: thearchies
rule by a god or gods.

Just as thearchy [little "t"] means "rule by a god" [little "g"],
Thearchy [capital "T"] means "rule by God" [capital "G"].
And can you give me any scriptures that indicate Jesus will rule from a physical throne on Earth?
  1. Daniel's interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar's dream [Daniel 2].
  2. A callback to that image in Acts of the Apostles 1:9-11,
    "Now when [Jesus] had spoken these things, while they watched,
    He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up,
    behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said,
    'Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven?
    This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven,
    will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.
    ' ”
  3. Isaiah 9:6-7. Verse 7, in particular,
    "Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end,..."
    parallels Daniel 2:35,
    "...And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth."
:clap:

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's The Thearchy, not a theocracy.
I have never heard anyone call Christ's kingdom a "thearchy."

So I think this is sort of a semantics issue.

By the way I have read the most extensive works on the millenium. Books dating over a hundred years ago. I did a word search of over 15000 books of the word....thearchy and nothing pops up. But I had 20 hits on the search term "Theocracy."

also a book called "the family" by Jeff Sharlot

is a very interesting read I have read about half of it.

it talks about dominionism, or dominion theology and how it is currently affecting politics today, it traces dominionism into legislators world views and organizations and tracks dominion organizations dealing with bringing Christs' kingdom to earth.

and obeying His commands, I highly recommend it.

Here is a quote:

"
But at Ivanwald, or in a prayer cell at the Cedars, or in conversations with world leaders, the Family’s beliefs appear closer to a more marginal set of theologies sometimes gathered under the umbrella term of dominionism, characterized for me by William Martin, a religious historian at Rice University and Billy Graham’s official biographer, as the “intellectual heart of the Christian Right.” Dominionist theologies hold the Bible to be a guide to every decision, high and low, from whom God wants you to marry to whether God thinks you should buy a new lawn mower. Unlike neo-evangelicals, who concern themselves chiefly with getting good with Jesus, dominionists want to reconstruct early Christian society, which they believe was ruled by God alone. They view themselves as the new chosen and claim a Christian doctrine of covenantalism, meaning covenants not only between God and humanity but at every level of society, replacing the rule of law and its secular contracts. Since these covenants are signed, as it were, in the Blood of the Lamb, they are written in ink invisible to nonbelievers."

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I just want to ask because after reading a good bit in the field of theology, the term Thearcky is new to me, what writers use this term as you define it? And can you give me any scriptures that indicate Jesus will rule from a physical throne on Earth?
thearchy is not a theological term but what is called as a secular term to explain a theological principle. I just searched 15000 theological books in my data base, and it didn't come up once. So I don't honor it a as a term. Theocracy came up 20 times.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

do a google search for "scriptures proving Christ will sit on the throne of david." OR a google search for versus proving "a physical 1000 year millenial reign."

I can provide them later when i am on a computer for more time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
thearchy is not a theological term but what is called as a secular term to explain a theological principle.
Yes. Likewise, neither "rapture" nor "Trinity" can be found in the Bible.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thearchy is in the dictionary.

the·ar·chy
/ˈTHēˌärkē/
noun
archaic
noun: thearchy; noun: thearchies
rule by a god or gods.

Just as thearchy [little "t"] means "rule by a god" [little "g"],
Thearchy [capital "T"] means "rule by God" [capital "G"].

1. Daniel's interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar's dream [Daniel 2].
  2. A callback to that image in Acts of the Apostles 1:9-11,
    "Now when [Jesus] had spoken these things, while they watched,
    He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up,
    behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said,
    'Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven?
    This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven,
    will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.
    ' ”
  3. Isaiah 9:6-7. Verse 7, in particular,
    "Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end,..."
    parallels Daniel 2:35,
    "...And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth."
:clap:

You remember that God was angry with the Israelites for asking for a king, their reason for asking was because they wanted to be like other nations. In fact before there was a line of earthly kings ruling the Israelites there were Judges.

Where do you say Christ is seated in heaven until his return?

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
do a google search for "scriptures proving Christ will sit on the throne of david." OR a google search for versus proving "a physical 1000 year millenial reign."

I can provide them later when i am on a computer for more time.

I have done a google search but not of those phrases and an interesting link came up which I bookmarked for my own reference, I am not that interested in defending any position here.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where do you say Christ is seated in heaven until his return?
IIRC, at the right hand of the Father. But I don't see how that changes the meanings of Daniel 2:35 or Acts of the Apostles 1:11.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
IIRC, at the right hand of the Father. But I don't see how that changes the meanings of Daniel 2:35 or Acts of the Apostles 1:11.

At the right hand of the throne of the Majesty on high, see Hebrews chapter 8.

I don't think that changes the meaning of those verses at all, the issue is do we know what those verses mean? Read in context, don't lift verses out here and there, and let scripture interpret scripture.

What do you think Jesus is returning to bring?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.