10 Cities Are Reportedly Waiting For Trump Campaign To Pay $841,000 In Rally Bills

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
What proportion are the unpaid bills of the total bills for like services? I'm not expecting you to have an answer, but I suggest the answer will be significant.
A proportion of bills are routinely unpaid for lengthy periods, for a variety of reasons. If the sums mentioned are a small percentage of the total, then this situation is just a reflection of "normal business practice".
If the sums are a large percentage of the total then it suggests this is either a political issue - disagreement over the validity of the bills - or, a "sharp business practice".

I suggest it would be best to determine this before adopting the normal fighting positions.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Donald's had a long history of stiffing folks:
USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

During the campaign itself the parents of a group of little girls who'd sing & dance at his rallies filed a lawsuit on account of having been promised that their travel expenses would be paid, but being stiffed.

So this isn't a surprise at all that cities are waiting for bills to be paid.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,720.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
These disloyal and greedy cities should be paying President Trump for gracing their sleepy looser towns with his energizing presence.
The voters in these sleepy and loser towns constitute his "base." Misled by Trump's lies, and worse yet, paying for the "privilege" with their anemic tax base.

Hopefully his shameful dishonesty will wake them up and they will vote him out in 2020.

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dan Bongino addresses this same situation (as a former secret service agent) in more than a couple of presidential visits and how this happens all the time.

Instead of watching the whole thing try starting around 42:30 for 8 minutes in

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dan Bongino addresses this same situation (as a former secret service agent) in more than a couple of presidential visits and how this happens all the time.

Instead of watching the whole thing try starting around 42:30 for 8 minutes in

This fellow has been widely criticized by his colleagues for spinning tales & exaggerating his importance, his proximity to the POTUS, & his insight.

• Informative
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Is this an argument?

It's clarification on the credibility of your source. The first thing you need to do when evaluating any "information" is to evaluate the source it's coming from & it's credibility.

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's clarification on the credibility of your source. The first thing you need to do when evaluating any "information" is to evaluate the source it's coming from & it's credibility.
What makes your unnamed sources more credible then?

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dan Bongino worked as secret service for Bush, Clinton and Obama (44:10 on video)

From the 1st link (of 5) listed as references by OP on post #5

Why the Trump campaign won’t pay police bills – Center for Public Integrity

"But the Secret Service doesn’t reimburse municipal governments for their assistance during presidential campaign events.

Why? Blame Congress.

The Secret Service, spokesman Jeffrey Adams said, is not funded to reimburse local police, “and we don’t have a mechanism to do so.”
----
What the Secret Service spokesman Jeffrey Adam's stated in the article agrees with Dan Bongino's own words in the video posted (see 44:30 on video). The article itself touches upon the other campaigns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Is this an argument?
Maybe not, but neither is posting videos saying “watch from XX:xx, then you’ll understand”.

But you are correct that the Secret Service, [which migrated from the Department of the Treasury to the Department of Homeland Security in 2003], doesn’t pay cities but only private entities such as the President’s golf Clubs, why should HE “lose money” just because he’s President and the SS wouldn’t be there if he hadn’t chosen to stay at one of his own properties!?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe not, but neither is posting videos saying “watch from XX:xx, then you’ll understand”.

You are certainly free to watch the entire thing, however when it comes to the issue that was brought up you have a former secret service agent addressing it (in a video) at that particular time. I believe it is helpful to anyone who might be interested in hearing what he might have to say on just that is to include where (or at what time) that specific thing was address by him. and given that most people would prefer not to sit through the length of the entire video (of other unrelated things).

I never said, watch at XX:xx "then you will understand" anything. Dan Bongino simply confirms the secret service spokesperson's (Jeffrey Adam's) own words in the article posted by the OP (who is quoted in the article of the first link in post #5)

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You are certainly free to watch the entire thing, however when it comes to the issue that was brought up you have a former secret service agent addressing it (in a video) at that particular time. I believe it is helpful to anyone who might be interested in hearing what he might have to say on just that is to include where (or at what time) that specific thing was address by him. and given that most people would prefer not to sit through the length of the entire video (of other unrelated things).

I never said, watch at XX:xx "then you will understand" anything. Dan Bongino simply confirms the secret service spokesperson's (Jeffrey Adam's) own words in the article posted by the OP (who is quoted in the article of the first link in post #5)
What I’m saying is “posting videos” is not conducive to healthy debate...spell out the relevant part(s) with a short synopsis. I ain’t going to eat up my data watching videos.

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I’m saying is “posting videos” is not conducive to healthy debate...spell out the relevant part(s) with a short synopsis. I ain’t going to eat up my data watching videos.

All you have to do is walk away from a post with a video and just leave the videos to those who are unlike you. There is very little "healthy" debate on this forum and if you can cut around participating in it and let another (who is far more qualified then you) speak, I would rather let them speak (whether its additional information or further confirmation on a point).

I need to type standing up or on my knees because of a lower back issue I have had for quite some time, so for me I could also say, "I ain't going to be eating up the health of my back by going back and forth with people I am certain could care less for anything but debate for debates sake.

Whether you have data issues, back pain, blindness, or deafness we all have our preferences in communications for whatever reason we might. No biggy you just "move on" if you like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
All you have to do is walk away from a post with a video and just leave the videos to those who are unlike you. There is very little "healthy" debate on this forum and if you can cut around participating in it and let another (who is far more qualified then you) speak, I would rather let them speak (whether its additional information or further confirmation on a point).

I need to type standing up or on my knees because of a lower back issue I have had for quite some time, so for me I could also say, "I ain't going to be eating up the health of my back by going back and forth with people I am certain could care less for anything but debate for debates sake.

Whether you have data issues, back pain, blindness, or deafness we all have our preferences in communications for whatever reason we might. No biggy you just "move on" if you like.
Touché!

Truth be told I’m on unlimited WiFi.

Yes, I can leave, (if you’re ever at the very end of the Internet, you’ll notice there big, years’ long gaps in my posting history, I’m guessing), so yeah, that’s always an option.
But I’ve seen forums turn into veritable slugfests of aurgumentu vide, with nary a word typed.
BTAIM

This is a nice place, and I am sorry that I made you uncomfortable, I should do better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Touché!

Truth be told I’m on unlimited WiFi.

Yes, I can leave, (if you’re ever at the very end of the Internet, you’ll notice there big, years’ long gaps in my posting history, I’m guessing), so yeah, that’s always an option.
But I’ve seen forums turn into veritable slugfests of aurgumentu vide, with nary a word typed.
BTAIM

This is a nice place, and I am sorry that I made you uncomfortable, I should do better.
No problem whatsoever. You didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. Peace.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What makes your unnamed sources more credible then?

Lol. The sources actually relevant to this discussion are in the OP, and they are named. Maybe you think the leaders of the cities who are pleading with Donald to pay up for the taxpayer expenses incurred from him holding his rallies there are just ignorant or something, & are in need of you sending them the video of the washed-up self-aggrandizing Secret Service agent to explain it all to him? Whether or not Donald is legally required to pay up is different from them clearly feeling like he ought to pay up. As they've said it's a character integrity issue. Now sure, this is Donald Trump we're talking about, so maybe the idea of character integrity is just the cause of a good ole belly laugh. Some of them are realistic, like the lady from Spokane.

Five municipal public safety bills — from Green Bay and Eau Claire, Wisconsin; Tucson, Arizona; Burlington, Vermont and Spokane, Washington — date back to 2016, before Trump became president.

“It is our hope that [Trump’s campaign] will do right by the taxpayers of Mesa and provide payment,” Mesa Deputy City Manager Scott Butler said.

Other aren’t so bullish.

“Let’s be honest, when does Trump ever pay his bills?” Spokane City Councilmember Kate Burke asked — an allusion to Trump’s many unresolved deals and disputes from his decades in business.

Most of the mayors pushing him to have integrity are Republican. I'm glad they've pilloried Donald's campaign (they've also called him out on his whoppers in re to the wall, which shows integrity on their part) and praised Beto O'Rourke for doing right by them.

The largest single invoice, $470,417, is also the most recent: it’s from El Paso, Texas, where officials have publicly pilloried the Trump campaign for not covering costs associated with Trump’s Feb. 11 campaign rally near the Mexican border. (Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke conducted a much smaller campaign rally in El Paso the same day and paid his $21,021 police bill on time, KVIA-TV reported in May.)

“I’m hopeful they’ll pay. I’m hopeful they’ll do what’s right. People that don’t pay their bills — that’s a character integrity issue,” El Paso Mayor Dee Margo told the Center for Public Integrity.

Why the Trump campaign won’t pay police bills – Center for Public Integrity

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol. The sources actually relevant to this discussion are in the OP, and they are named.

I was speaking about these

"This fellow has been widely criticized by his colleagues for spinning tales & exaggerating his importance, his proximity to the POTUS, & his insight."

From your post #46

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I was speaking about these

"This fellow has been widely criticized by his colleagues for spinning tales & exaggerating his importance, his proximity to the POTUS, & his insight."

From your post #46

Lol, yes, I got that, but you didn't get my point when I explained to you that the actual sources relevant to this conversation are right there in the OP. I was trying to not to follow you off the rails. This thread isn't about the washed up ex-Secret Service agent who peddles dumb conspiracy theories & has said his life mission is to "own the libs" (yes, he's a middle-aged man & he actually said that, lol) you decided to trot out to be a "source." But since you are super insistent, here you go: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...mer-secret-service-agents-book/?noredirect=on
Dan Bongino Devotes His Life to ‘Owning the Libs.’ Trump Hangs on His Every Word.

Again the very folks who've felt burned by Donald are the leaders of cities who hosted him. They'd been friendly to him. They're right that it's a matter of character & integrity that Donald act like Beto O'Rourke did, pay the bills incurred from hosting him. Let's pretend you had somebody tell you they decided to be your houseguest, so you opened up your home to them. Were gracious & hospitable. Then the houseguest caused a giant mess from top to bottom of your house, stained and ruined the furniture, ate everything in your refrigerator & pantry, watched pay per view movies, cost you a small fortune. Now, you might not have a legal entitlement to getting any compensation for all that but if that guest had been raised right at all, they would offer some up. They mayor of El Paso said that what Beto did, that's what Donald has failed to do.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Lol, yes, I got that, but you didn't get my point when I explained to you that the actual sources relevant to this conversation are right there in the OP. I was trying to not to follow you off the rails. This thread isn't about the washed up ex-Secret Service agent who peddles dumb conspiracy theories & has said his life mission is to "own the libs" (yes, he's a middle-aged man & he actually said that, lol) you decided to trot out to be a "source." But since you are super insistent, here you go: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...mer-secret-service-agents-book/?noredirect=on
Dan Bongino Devotes His Life to ‘Owning the Libs.’ Trump Hangs on His Every Word.

Again the very folks who've felt burned by Donald are the leaders of cities who hosted him. They'd been friendly to him. They're right that it's a matter of character & integrity that Donald act like Beto O'Rourke did, pay the bills incurred from hosting him. Let's pretend you had somebody tell you they decided to be your houseguest, so you opened up your home to them. Were gracious & hospitable. Then the houseguest caused a giant mess from top to bottom of your house, stained and ruined the furniture, ate everything in your refrigerator & pantry, watched pay per view movies, cost you a small fortune. Now, you might not have a legal entitlement to getting any compensation for all that but if that guest had been raised right at all, they would offer some up. They mayor of El Paso said that what Beto did, that's what Donald has failed to do.
Maybe the cities just need a way to make it a better “deal” for President Trump, like, say, him buying a low-cost insurance bond and then the city in question “sustain damage” during his visit that roughly equal to the outlays spent on added person hours and other “costs” associated with Mr. Trump’s little visits!
Oh, sure, some people, (whom don’t live in “the real world”), might suggest that this would amount to insurance fraud, but hey, everybody does it!

Upvote 0