10 Cities Are Reportedly Waiting For Trump Campaign To Pay $841,000 In Rally Bills

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lol you joker, have a good night I’m off to bed.
I'm not joking - you list your "Politics" on your profile as "CA - Conservatives". That's the Conservative Party of Canada. Are you lying in your profile? Or are you lying about being an American?

Convenient time to be "off to bed"... I guess that's one way to dodge being called out.

Upvote 0

Servant of Yeshua

Jan 17, 2019
Northern Hemisphere
✟14,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, 10 Cities Are Reportedly Waiting For Trump Campaign To Pay $841,000 In Rally Bills

Officials in El Paso complained last week that they were still waiting for President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign to pay up for expenses related to providing extra police, fire department and other services for a rally months ago. Now it turns out there are nine more cities across the country that haven’t received a dime from the campaign for similar charges, according to The Center for Public Integrity......

The Trump campaign owes a total of $841,219 to cities from Burlington, Vermont, to Green Bay and Eau Claire in Wisconsin, Mesa, Arizona, and Spokane, Washington, according to invoices. The largest bill — $470,000 — was for El Paso for a February rally, including $381,000 for extra police and $61,000 for fire department services. Erie, Pennsylvania; Billings, Montana; and Tucson, Arizona, are also still waiting for payment.

How unethical.

There were many articles from liberal sources that stated how President Obama did not pay his rally or election party costs. But this article shows another way the tax payer gets affected:

The Obama family's travel costs topped $114 million and Trump's are $10 million so far, according to new documents

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I'm not joking - you list your "Politics" on your profile as "CA - Conservatives". That's the Conservative Party of Canada. Are you lying in your profile? Or are you lying about being an American?

Convenient time to be "off to bed"... I guess that's one way to dodge being called out.

My profile says Tehachapi California friend. I have the wrong political preference selected. Calling me a liar eh?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you got a citation for this?

I believe rjs330 is referencing what is written in the posted article about it.

Golly, one wonders why those cities are trying to get the money they're owed if Trump doesn't "actually owe" it to them. I guess they all just hate Trump, right?

Again, the article says so much, try reading the content of the reports yourself.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There were many articles from liberal sources that stated how President Obama did not pay his rally or election party costs. But this article shows another way the tax payer gets affected:

The Obama family's travel costs topped $114 million and Trump's are $10 million so far, according to new documents

First, that article was from February 2017. Trump was in office about a month.

And that $114 mil was over 8 years for Obama, who traveled much more as president.
Check out how much Trump has cost in golf alone:
Trump Golf Count
wow.

As to the Obama rally expensives, there were questions about who pays in terms of the DNC or the Obama campaign.

Trump has been much of this cost when there is no actual election going on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I believe rjs330 is referencing what is written in the posted article about it.

No, he isn't because the word "Obama" doesn't even appear in the linked article.

Again, the article says so much, try reading the content of the reports yourself.

The article says nothing about the Trump campaign not owing the cities in question. He received a service for them and an invoice has been submitted for remittance. The one from El Paso is right there on the article. The article also says nothing about the motivation merely being that they hate Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

You should have done the math. As FIC pointed out, that's from Nov. 2017. It turns out that costs of his Maralago visits were actually being undercalculated. In other words he was spending more money in 2017 than originally thought.
Government Watchdog: Trump's Trips To Florida Costing Taxpayers Millions

The calculations are from Judicial Watch so I'm going to have a jaundiced eye, but taking the Nov. 2017 numbers at face value:
President Obama in 8 years - $114mil. or $14.25mil/year.
Trump in 9 months - $10mil. or $13.3mil/year
Of course we know now that Trump was spending much more.

And then there's this delicious bit of irony.
Donald J. Trump on Twitter
>> I say we cannot continue to let Obama fly around on Air Force 1, at a cost of millions of dollars a day, for the purpose of politics & play! <<

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, he isn't because the word "Obama" doesn't even appear in the linked article.

Sure it does, in post #5 there are a series of links, click on the first link and scroll down near the bottom of the long winded article. rjs330 responded after that post, seems to be referencing it.

The article says nothing about the Trump campaign not owing the cities in question. He received a service for them and an invoice has been submitted for remittance. The one from El Paso is right there on the article. The article also says nothing about the motivation merely being that they hate Trump.

What are you even addressing with this response? I have no clue.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Oh dear, another reason to pile on Trump. It never ends does it? I don't think it's going to. The attacks are going to just increase as the campaign goes on.

A lot of presidential candidates don't pay for their security bills. Obama didn't, but it wasn't a big deal for him. These cities didn't have a contract requiring payment. The secret service never agreed to pay that I can see. It's just more pile on Trump news.

Donald is notorious for stiffing folks for their work, dating back decades so this is hardly new to his current position. The Bible makes it clear as can be that you're to pay wages earned.
Yes, it's another reason why folks with integrity & love of country should pile on pressure for Donald to behave honestly. Piling on the enabling behavior only hurts honest working Americans.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
These disloyal and greedy cities should be paying President Trump for gracing their sleepy looser towns with his energizing presence. President Trump is the Greatest and Most Popular President ever and these cities are just trying to capitalize on this popularity and fleece as many people for a buck that they can. SAD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My profile says Tehachapi California friend. I have the wrong political preference selected. Calling me a liar eh?
What other reason would you indicate a Canadian political party and no location? For fun? I see you fixed it now after you've already successfully deceived. Not sure what your reasoning was but don't try to blame me for your deception.

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-15_7-45-9.png
    upload_2019-6-15_7-45-9.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
What other reason would you indicate a Canadian political party and no location? For fun? I see you fixed it now after you've already successfully deceived. Not sure what your reasoning was but don't try to blame me for your deception.

By the way that makes him “our” President, have a nice day.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
By the way that makes him “our” President, have a nice day.
Yes, it does. Had you not been deceptive it never would have been an issue. Trump is not Canada's president. Why an American wants to portray himself as a Canadian is still beyond me, but I guess some people aren't proud of their country.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, it does. Had you not been deceptive it never would have been an issue. Trump is not Canada's president. Why an American wants to portray himself as a Canadian is still beyond me, but I guess some people aren't proud of their country.
Odd sort of nit to pick...

Upvote 0