10-31 Every Year...

Should Christians celebrate the 31st of this month?

• Total voters

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
wow so many don't believe THE WORD OF GOD. Prayers for yall. much love.

1. Jesus Christ is the Word of God, John 1:1

2. Yes, Christians here do believe the Scriptures--but there's no Scripture that says eating candy and dressing up as a pirate is wrong.

I would encourage you to actually do some legitimate research. Don't just believe whatever you happen to read on the internet.

The information I presented in my earlier post is the result of me actually going out and doing my homework on the subject.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why start a new thread on the evils of Halloween?

Just do a search on the forum and resurrect all of the dead threads on the same annual subject. There's a least one or two every year.

I don't remember if it was this forum or not, but I remember seeing a poster insisting Halloween candy was cursed at the factory by witches.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Just wondering how many christians out there celebrate the 31st of this month.
I do. It's All Saints' Day Evening. All Christian holy days start at sundown the evening before. Christmas Eve, for example. New Years' Eve, too, is a secularization of the Holy Day of Jan 1, Mary, Mother of God.
Just like doing Easter egg hunts is not the purpose of the meaning of the day, wearing ghoulish costumes is not the original intent of Halloween.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No harm meant. Just TRUTH and LOVE. I desire no ill will toward anyone. I only want to see you in the Place our Heavenly Father prepares for us in His kingdom.

For the LORD Himself says:
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee... ~Hosea 4:6~

Now, do any of you know who Anton Lavey is/was? He founded the Satanist church and he was glad that Christians allow their children to worship the devil at least one night a year. And the same goes for a person's "birthday". According to Anton in their Satanic Bible, Birthday's are the highest of all holidays in the satanic religion. The true meaning of these celebrations are not of light. At his point of death he made known how he regretted doing the enemies work but it was done. John Ramirez is an ex Satanist who explains the dangers of even participating or sugar coating it to make it what it is not. It is what it is whether anyone takes heed or believes it. He received salvation and now has a ministry to expose the enemies camp. Thank you Jesus! There is also ex Satanist Doc Marquis who explains Americas occult holidays. He also received salvation and began a ministry. Thank you Jesus! There are many factual documentaries and live testimonies that are revealed to us so that we may not be blinded against God by participating in things that are biblically noted and that God tells us not to take part in. Don't take my word alone, do your research. Pray and seek The One True God for truth and confirmation. These are just some scriptures on the facts...
Well, personally, I don't take the guy as an authority, regardless of his involvement in Satanism. Just because a little boy dresses as the devil or a ghost doesn't mean he honors Satan, worships Satan or any such thing. I am not for the secularization of a Catholic holy day, by any means, but honestly, who says you have to dress as a creature of horror? Why can't you be St. Francis, a very simple costume to make? Or of Ronald Reagan, or anyone else you might admire? And who says you have to go knock on doors and demand candy? Originally, it was asking alms for the Church. And birthdays? We celebrate the birth of Christ, therefore we honor that by celebrating birthdays. As for the rest, tl;dr. Got things to do.
Deuteronomy 12:29-32
Jeremiah 10:2-5
1 John 2:15-17
John 4:23-24
Romans 8:7
Revelation 18:4-5
Mark 7:6-7
John 8:32
Jeremiah 17:9
Matthew 15:8-9
Mark 7:9
Romans 1:18
Romans 12:2
2 Corinthians 6:14-18
Galatians 4:9-11
Galatians 5:19-21
Revelation 22:18-19
Exodus 31:13-17
Deuteronomy 18:10-12
Matthew 5:17-18
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
2 Timothy 3:16
1 Peter 1:15-16
Genesis 10:8
Exodus 20:3
Exodus 20:5
Exodus 20:8
Exodus 32:2-6
Leviticus 19:2
1 Samuel 15:22-23
1 Kings 11:4-6
Isaiah 59:1-2
Jeremiah 5:31
Amos 5:23-27
Matthew 5:20
Mark 7:13
John 8:44
John 15:19
2 Corinthians 11:14
Galatians 4:3
Ephesians 5:8-11
Colossians 2:8
Hebrews 10:26-29
Hebrews 12:14
1 John 2:3-5

Now tell me I am wrong for believing the Living Word of The Living God. Again I say, Pray about it. Again I say, Seek God if you need confirmation. I am only a watchwoman. I am only a messenger. Hold fast to the WORD OF THE LORD. We must pray as though our lives depend on it, because they do.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. ~Matthew 7:7-8~

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.
If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
~Proverbs 9:10-12~

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." ~ Joshua 24:15~

All Honor and All Glory be to The Most High God Who Reigns Forever and Ever.
All In The Mighty Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Amen!

Much Love to you and yours, Truly,
Your Sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We use the term Resurrection Day. We incorporate the story of Rahab and her red cord as a type for the first Gentile Passover that (no pun intended) ties back to the Hebrew one.
Tomato, tomahto. In the Easter Vigil, we read the history of the Church from the beginning, from Genesis, to Moses, onward to David, and Psalms, and Prophets. It's a very beautiful Mass, the Holiest of the year.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I do. It's All Saints' Day Evening. All Christian holy days start at sundown the evening before. Christmas Eve, for example. New Years' Eve, too, is a secularization of the Holy Day of Jan 1, Mary, Mother of God.
Just like doing Easter egg hunts is not the purpose of the meaning of the day, wearing ghoulish costumes is not the original intent of Halloween.

In some ways the older practice of having the start of the year begin on the First Day of Advent makes more sense thematically--at least as far as the liturgical year goes. Though doesn't work well as a calendar new year as the First Day of Advent is moveable. March 25th, the Feast of the Annunciation, also makes a lot of sense as the New Year (which, it was in many places prior to the adoption of the Gregorian Reforms).

The Feast of the Circumcision/Holy Name of Jesus feels a bit more arbitrary.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
October 31st is one of my favorite days on all of the Coptic calendar, because that is when we venerate and remember the great saint and desert father Abba John the Short! He's one of my absolute favorite saints. I almost took him as my baptismal saint. He's a wonderful model for us all.

So, yes, of course I celebrate that day! Probably if you look around for something Christian related to that day in your own tradition, you'll find it and can celebrate that instead. Nobody has to do what the world is doing.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
-CryptoLutheran
Does that mean that you are a "sneakret" Lutheran...?
full

Upvote 0