Somewhere in the Word
✟17,765.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Now as a concession, not a command, I say this. I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own gift from God, one of one kind and one of another. To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single, as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
1 Corinthians 7:6‭-‬9 ESV

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think people can confuse this with Genesis verses. Of course, they are both valid. Whenever I get lonely or feel I should focus more on a relationship, I am reminded by watching all/most who are married. I see them arguing over most everything, making major compromises even on the smallest things, driving a minivan, etc, etc, etc. Then realizing I am better off without someone. I remember the girlfriends I had, the good and the bad. The bad outweighed the good. This all comforts me by myself. However, I do not consider myself 'done'. We all need to do our best and be as appealing as we can because that right Christian gal ( or guy for the women reading this ) may be right around the corner. You just never know.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
driving a minivan, Then realizing I am better off without someone.

lololololololol… ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

that's me. A minivan is the LAST thing you'd see me in. I'll keep my cars. Then there's the driving. Driving alone, no one can complain, windows down in 50 degrees, system going and cigar smoking.

Yeah, I'll be single for life and the more I think about it, the less sad I am.....

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
A woman's purpose is not to extinguish the burning passion of a man.

Take those verses in the right context, audience, and culture. It takes a very mature Christian to understand Paul's teachings correctly. Until then, it's best to avoid reading Paul's epistles.

Upvote 0