1̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶3̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶4̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶5̶0̶ ̶6̶0̶ 70k new cases a day in the US

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not trying to argue or be dismissive. I am actualy asking exactly what I am asking. What research data or what have you justified the need for 30,000+ respirators?

I want to read it.
I'm not sure and that might be out of scope of the data from worldometers. Perhaps it's projection or also the fact that more than covid victims need respirators. I'll let those who are requesting the respirators answer those questions.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Projections would indicate that by the end of the week US will lead the world in the total cases of those infected with the virus. There is no indication of it slowing.

What is the US doing so differently that it can't get a handle on this? Is it about top level problems of not doing enough or is it about bottom level problems where people are not listening and do their own thing?
We like our liberties. We're stubborn that way. Like a herd of cats.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@MikeT-NYC

Ok, so what I am asking is where are these statistics cited? We are kind of closing down the entire nation on this kind of data, and I would kinda like to read it.

Basically where, and based on what, is the figure for some 30,000 respirators coming from?
NY has almost 40,000 cases of COVID now, ... and the number of cases is doubling every few days, so ... at the projected peak ... the number of cases would be on the hundreds of thousands.

Figuring that you would need to hospitalize even 10% of that number ... easily forecasts a need for the numbers of ventilators Cuomo is requesting ....

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
NY has almost 40,000 cases of COVID now, ... and the number of cases is doubling every few days, so ... at the projected peak ... the number of cases would be on the hundreds of thousands.

Figuring that you would need to hospitalize even 10% of that number ... easily forecasts a need for the numbers of ventilators Cuomo is requesting ....

My issue is not you logic. It is rational. Or even you. My issue is I am sick of being beholden to rumor, superstition, and guesses. What are the numbers?!! I am sick of being told this guy says that because we believe... The entire country is shut down. We have people running around frantic, the media is just pumping out fear inappropriate content, and the statistics driving all this is nothing more than some random guess because it makes a good soundbite!

I am seriously, sick of being lied to, mislead, and use for congresses punching bag. Can't even pass a relief bill in the midst of a pandemic without trying to force their agenda. They would leave us here to die, gamble with our lives to get their power. Welcome to 'pandemic Maria', better check the warehouse, and dumpsters for the aid. There's a political point to prove after all....

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My issue is not you logic. It is rational. Or even you. My issue is I am sick of being beholden to rumor, superstition, and guesses. What are the numbers?!!
As I stated earlier, NY has 40,000+ confirmed COVID cases today. The current rate of increase is a doubling every 4 days.

That means 80,000 cases by April 2, ... 160,000 cases by April 6, ... 320,000 cases by April 10, and so on ...

With hospitalization of COVID cases running at 25% currently, ... NY will need every one of those 30,000 ventilators ...
I am seriously, sick of being lied to, mislead, and use for congresses punching bag. Can't even pass a relief bill in the midst of a pandemic without trying to force their agenda. They would leave us here to die, gamble with our lives to get their power. Welcome to 'pandemic Maria', better check the warehouse, and dumpsters for the aid. There's a political point to prove after all....
... speaking of mania ...

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
... speaking of mania ...

It's not manic. It is my calling to warn, and confront. But I can feel in my spirit that time is over. The warnings were heeded, or they were not. Many call me a fool. My Father calls me a Son, and a co heir in Christ to the inheritance of the kingdom of God.

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, an heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, a false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Now is the time to ask God to deliver us from those set on our destruction, and for God's judgment upon them. God has promised that if any country will repent, and turn back to God, he will heal their land. And we have rejected homosexualty as the perversion it is. We have reject the atrocity of abortion, and the sacrifices before moloch. We have sought God to return to our homes, our schools and our way of life. We dounce luciferianism, and any other false god that dares exalt themself above the Christ, Jesus.

Father, forgive us this nation our sins. Turn your wrath upon our aggressors who assail us. Remember your promise to us that you will bless those who bless Israel. Be mindful that we have honored them, and keep fathful your promise. Turn away our aggressors, and let their own intentions befall them at whatever measure they intended against us. Let their own deceit deceive them. Blind them by their own ways. Let their pits dug for others be their grave. Let their own schemings be their failing. Judge them by their own judgment against us. Bring all who are able to the saving knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And keep us in your loving grace.

In Christ Jesus name, in agreement with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

This, is a spiritual battle. Even this virus. Have fun. I have things to do.

One last thing... May God bless Donald J Trump by the same voice he spoke all that is into existence, and complete His purpose intended in him by the authority of Christ, in Christ Jesus's name.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, an heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, a false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Hmmm ...

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Projections would indicate that by the end of the week US will lead the world in the total cases of those infected with the virus. There is no indication of it slowing.

What is the US doing so differently that it can't get a handle on this? Is it about top level problems of not doing enough or is it about bottom level problems where people are not listening and do their own thing?

Just saw this thread. Really good question. Now that the USA has more than 116000 cases and just short of 2000 deaths with an exponential growth curve the question is even more pressing than when you started the thread.

There are at least 3 reasons why this crisis is likely to get a lot worse in the USA before it gets better.

1) TRUMP: - Your leadership is less interested in containment than ending the restrictions that COVID-19 has imposed on the economy. Trump loses money in just about all his businesses in plague conditions. Indeed this virus could ruin him personally.
Also his election prospects were all focused on the economy and his success there and the failures and pettiness of the Democrat party. But now the economy is in ruins and the main focus is on health care and leadership and Trump no longer holds all the aces. He figures that if he can get America back to work ASAP then his electoral prospects will be quickly restored as things return to normal. But he cannot just wish that to happen. Also he figures that if the American economy is ruined by this then the people who voted for him will desert him for the Democrats regardless of whether they survive the plague so it is more important to get people back to work than to safeguard their lives. A lot of poorer Americans agree with him.

2) INDIVIDUALISM: - America is a land of superstars not team players and it only takes one who believes that he cannot be told what to do to spread the plague from one place to another. Therefore no audit trail is possible and the kind of restrictions and discipline imposed by China are impossible in the USA. You cannot shoot Americans for crossing state boundaries, you do not even have fences. The country is too big and there are too many routes from one place to another.

3) MEDICAL SYSTEM - Your medical system has large gaps. Some people are not insured at all and if infected will infect a great many others before turning up any where near a doctor. The uncertainty over who pays means that the virus is here to stay and to grow amongst the marginalised of your society

In essence you need new leadership, discipline and reformed medical care to beat this virus. But it would take a lot to achieve even one of these things I think.

The other major random factor here is whether the world gets a vaccine available to the whole population early or late. Without one 95% of people will have the equivalent of a mild flu or cold and will recover. 5% of people will get seriously sick (some 10-20 million Americans) of whom maybe half will die utterly overwhelming your hospital system and maybe taking many of your doctors and nurses with it. The old, the sick and those with underlying conditions will be the ones who die. In Darwinian terms America will be a genetically fitter but far poorer country. China will become the dominant world power as America will no longer be able to afford its military and the world will regard the Chinese culture as the more effective one.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just saw this thread. Really good question. Now that the USA has more than 116000 cases and just short of 2000 deaths with an exponential growth curve the question is even more pressing than when you started the thread.

There are at least 3 reasons why this crisis is likely to get a lot worse in the USA before it gets better.

1) TRUMP: - Your leadership is less interested in containment than ending the restrictions that COVID-19 has imposed on the economy. Trump loses money in just about all his businesses in plague conditions. Indeed this virus could ruin him personally.
Also his election prospects were all focused on the economy and his success there and the failures and pettiness of the Democrat party. But now the economy is in ruins and the main focus is on health care and leadership and Trump no longer holds all the aces. He figures that if he can get America back to work ASAP then his electoral prospects will be quickly restored as things return to normal. But he cannot just wish that to happen. Also he figures that if the American economy is ruined by this then the people who voted for him will desert him for the Democrats regardless of whether they survive the plague so it is more important to get people back to work than to safeguard their lives. A lot of poorer Americans agree with him.

2) INDIVIDUALISM: - America is a land of superstars not team players and it only takes one who believes that he cannot be told what to do to spread the plague from one place to another. Therefore no audit trail is possible and the kind of restrictions and discipline imposed by China are impossible in the USA. You cannot shoot Americans for crossing state boundaries, you do not even have fences. The country is too big and there are too many routes from one place to another.

3) MEDICAL SYSTEM - Your medical system has large gaps. Some people are not insured at all and if infected will infect a great many others before turning up any where near a doctor. The uncertainty over who pays means that the virus is here to stay and to grow amongst the marginalised of your society

In essence you need new leadership, discipline and reformed medical care to beat this virus. But it would take a lot to achieve even one of these things I think.

The other major random factor here is whether the world gets a vaccine available to the whole population early or late. Without one 95% of people will have the equivalent of a mild flu or cold and will recover. 5% of people will get seriously sick (some 10-20 million Americans) of whom maybe half will die utterly overwhelming your hospital system and maybe taking many of your doctors and nurses with it. The old, the sick and those with underlying conditions will be the ones who die. In Darwinian terms America will be a genetically fitter but far poorer country. China will become the dominant world power as America will no longer be able to afford its military and the world will regard the Chinese culture as the more effective one.
Interesting thoughts but I don't see it that extreme yet. However it is true where China is over and is recovering (health, economy, etc..) the US has yet to reach their worse point as the numbers are still exponentially growing each day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
March 22nd: 4,800+ new cases
March 23rd: 9,000+ new cases
March 24th: 10,000+ new cases
March 25th: 11,000+ new cases
March 26th: 13,000+ new cases
March 27th: 17,000+ new cases
March 28th: 18,000+ new cases
March 29th: 19,000+ new cases

If you're not taking this serious then you need to. No signs of it slowing and the worse is each new day. There is no downward curve, just increase.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

If you're not taking this serious then you need to. No signs of it slowing and the worse is each new day. There is no downward curve, just increase.

well not to sound optomistic, were still not into the effect of the isolation fully, it's 3-14 days to show symptoms so chances are, those the cases from before the shutdown are still in teh majority.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting thoughts but I don't see it that extreme yet. However it is true where China is over and is recovering (health, economy, etc..) the US has yet to reach their worse point as the numbers are still exponentially growing each day.

Another factor i missed is Ventilators. If your country and others builds enough of these and can find the people to operate them then the health system can deal with a higher peak than right now and might not be overwhelmed ny sheer numbers. This would cut death count considerably

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

These does appear to be a deceleration in the increase.

For the last (2) days, the acceleration in the number of increase in COVID cases is back in the range of 1,000.

From March 25th to March 26th, it was 2,000 cases, ... and from March 26th to March 27th, it was 4,000 cases.

Once the acceleration peters out, we'll have a chance of seeing the actual linear rate of increase steady ... and then, begin to tamp down ...

Rather than getting back to business as usual, it would be more appropriate for the part of the country outside of the epicenters, ... to marshall resources to help the fight in the US epicenters, currently NYC, New Orleans, etc.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
These does appear to be a deceleration in the increase.

For the last (2) days, the acceleration in the number of increase in COVID cases is back in the range of 1,000.

From March 25th to March 26th, it was 2,000 cases, ... and from March 26th to March 27th, it was 4,000 cases.

Once the acceleration peters out, we'll have a chance of seeing the actual linear rate of increase steady ... and then, begin to tamp down ...

Rather than getting back to business as usual, it would be more appropriate for the part of the country outside of the epicenters, ... to marshall resources to help the fight in the US epicenters, currently NYC, New Orleans, etc.
Considering there's a 4 times increase in daily new cases from the highest number a week ago I'm not claiming any victories. Each day it not only matches but exceeds the previous day which is exponential growth, if this was the stock market we'd all be celebrating. The rate is not going to be constant but what we really want to see is the numbers going down each day not going up. (and it's the latter right now)

Since this thread started at 10,000 a day and now it has almost doubled since then I'll put a benchmark at 10,000 again before I start saying it looks like it's going down.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: solid_core
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Considering there's a 4 times increase in daily new cases from the highest number a week ago I'm not claiming any victories. Each day it not only matches but exceeds the previous day which is exponential growth, if this was the stock market we'd all be celebrating. The rate is not going to be constant but what we really want to see is the numbers going down each day not going up. (and it's the latter right now)

Since this thread started at 10,000 a day and now it has almost doubled since then I'll put a benchmark at 10,000 again before I start saying it looks like it's going down.

The peak of the pandemics is expected to be in the end of April. So we should see the cases growing for another month. With this speed, the numbers will be really high.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The peak of the pandemics is expected to be in the end of April. So we should see the cases growing for another month. With this speed, the numbers will be really high.
Who knows how much that will be, 1,000,000? 10,000,000?

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
why is the U.S. so different re OP

husband travels to China for work & his friends from there have said they can't believe we're all NOT wearing masks

Americans were told not to buy/wear masks as they wouldn't help prevent plus they want them for health care workers

article I read THIS week is now saying, they DO offer some protection & some protection is better than no protection

I've been going out for supplies but now going to let husband because since he has a wood-working mask he can wear which he had bought for his hobby
You do not wear masks? Here, everybody wear a mask or at least some cover of their face, even small children.

Some photos of how a daily life looks like here:
Fotogalerie: . (27. března 2020)

Upvote 0