“Only 15 Cases”....”Soon down to Zero”...

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟205,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see the problem, the poor can just choose to die or live their life in debt.
Bootstraps! If they want healthcare, they should get out there and earn it! And if that means working 7 days a week in the food industry while sick and carrying a deadly virus, so be it!

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟572,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
....Trump professed that it must run in the family genes.

“Something running in your family’s jeans” strikes me as how R Lee Ermy would have described Don Jr’s conception.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,651.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Per WaPo:
  • Two people died in Florida after testing presumptive positive for covid-19. Both had recently returned from international travel.
No details, but if these were seniors from a senior community in Florida, I hope the state doesn't turn into a huge version of that facility in Washington state.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Yeah our testing response has been limited by the US deciding to make it's own test kits instead of using the WHO's already designed kits. It seems to have slowed us down a bit.

On a related note:

THE FACTS: It’s not true that an Obama-era rule limited laboratories run by companies, universities and hospitals from developing and running tests for the coronavirus during an emergency. No such regulation existed.

The Trump administration’s action Saturday only undid a policy that its own Food and Drug Administration put in place.

That means no legal authority was hindering the Trump administration when it earlier decided to limit testing to public health labs using the CDC test.

“All they did was reverse a policy that they themselves set,” said Dr. Joshua Sharfstein, an FDA official during the Obama administration who is now a vice dean at Johns Hopkins-Bloomberg School of Public Health.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder if he actually believes that this happened? He seems to wander through life continually creating his own alternate reality as he goes.

After reading through some of these posts I'm just wondering what four more years with Trump in office is going to do to you people?

Man, if I was a true believer on your side of the road, I would think it to be the end of the world.

From what we hear
I guess that is what they are teaching the little ones?

Recently some children in class after hearing of the climate scare screamed out, I don't want to die.

Stop scaring the little children and goats.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Recently some children in class after hearing of the climate scare screamed out, I don't want to die.

Using extreme cases does not a good argument make. People use the same argument to insist that teaching the bible is child abuse - hell is a scary idea. Do you think that shouldn't be taught either?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
According to "leaked slides from a presentation by Dr. James Lawler, a University of Nebraska Medical Center professor and hosted by [the American Hospital Association]":

• Almost half a million (480,000) Americans are expected to die from coronavirus
  • 4.8 million will be hospitalized and 96 million infected
  • This puts the crisis on a level more than 10 times greater than that seen in a severe flu season.
Of course, this is only an estimate, as we're still very early in the progress of the disease. But this is an expert opinion.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
expert opinion

You clearly haven't got your copy of the 'alternative' dictionary:

expert opinion= fake news spread by the fake media to make people hate Trump.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟270,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Missing the point, Bob?

He isn’t. He believes hell is real and children can and will be sent there for eternal torture. It’s informing them. Climate change and COVID-19 issues aren’t real so that is scare mongering. Remember, it is only called brainwashing if you don’t agree with it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟270,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
i

I’m not the one saying that. @Mountainmanbob thinks that though. I think they are significant concerns.

COVID-19 because how badly the American government is botching it’s response, I think most of us will get it. And though the mortality rate doesn’t seem high, that still would be 4 people that were at my wedding last year dying.

Climate change because we built our society for a certain climate that isn’t going to stay that way. Shorelines are going to change and eat current real estate. Agricultural crops are going to fail in areas they succeeded.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0