• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

“Gender non conforming” lgbt lifestyle

r19b92

Riley
Dec 17, 2019
London
✟9,470.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After coming to Christ I’m trying to clean up my life.

one area I’m struggling with is the “queer” homosexual lifestyle I’ve been living.

I’m struggling to find away to separate from this part of my life.

how can I change my life to better serve what God wants for me?

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The way to deal with sexual immorality is to follow the example of Joseph when Potiphar's wife attempted to have sex with him. From Genesis 39:7-12 we see that he fled so quickly that he left his easily identified coat behind. The way to avoid any sexual temptation including same sexual temptation is to simply flee.

But I can't advise you how to do that with the little information you have provided. I will say the way to flee from being in a position where you are likely to have sex (if you are in that position) is to get out of that position. Never go back to the clubs if that is where you are being tempted. If it is with your living situation, it may be very difficult to leave but if it all possible, find another living situation.

Remember Jesus told Nicodemus he must be born again. John 3:3. He told the rich young ruler to sell all he owned and give it to the poor. Mark 10:17-22. Jesus did not tell the rich young ruler that you must be poor to be a Christian. Jesus knew that the rich young man trusted in his riches to have a fulfilled life. He knew Nicodemus was probably putting his faith in the traditions of his religious position. By saying sell everything, he was telling the rich young ruler to quit trusting in his riches and put all his trust in Jesus. Thirty years ago I believed that for me to have a fulfilled life I had to have intimate friendships with guys. I so desperately desired to be accepted by popular attractive guys that I was willing to sacrifice everything to have relationships with them. This meant that I willing to bow down and worship them even though I was their same sex.

But one day, the Holy Spirit opened my eyes and made me see the truth. That night I turned from believing that the only way I could have a fulfilled life was to be in a sexual relationship with a guy to realizing that I could only have a fulfilled life by believing in Jesus. On that night I became a new person. I "sold" everything in my life I valued which was worshiping other guys and making them my idols. What I did is what everyone who has ever put their faith in same sex relationships must do. We must become another person. You must "sell" everything (leaving the gay life style completely.) That is what we same sex attracted people must do to be saved. But, you must do it because of your faith in Jesus. It is by the Grace of God that we can do it. If you try to do it by your own "works," you will fail. . .

Above you say you have already done that. You have put all your faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. So now you are need to find mature Christians to disciple you. This site offers Christian Counseling. I know nothing about it, but they may be able to help you find some local help. It may be a good place to start.

Upvote 0

Unsavable

Dec 30, 2019
Mid West
✟11,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi r19b92,

I have absolutely no idea how to answer your question. I suffer from a different condition but not totally different. All I can say is that I will pray for you that God will lead you. I am broken, weak, and incapable of doing good but I know that nothing can impede Gods will and where He leads you can follow.

Upvote 0