‘If We Don’t Take a Stand Now’ against Hostility, the Church Could Become ‘Voiceless,’ Pastor Warns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nope, they're all Amphibians so same species.
Yet another falsehood.

To your partial credit you probably don't know it's
false.

To your discredit is you believing you can
debate with educated people when you've no
clue what you are talking about.

Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can see that I'm not going to win you over and you will never capitulate. I just worry that you may have reached your stronghold, fortified position before giving other schools of thought a fair chance.

It's all well and good to hold firm to a position after it has been tested and proven to be true based on facts, rather than blind faith
So, still denying you changed your story?

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Now wait till he wants you to show him some kind of monstrous chimera, which if it would exist, would cause the current theory of evolution be thrown in the garbage bin.

Edit: While still writing this, I saw that he already had done this. Damn if he isn't predictable.

I’ve seen worse. On more than one occasion, I’ve had creationists describe evolution in such a way it becomes frightfully apparent all of their knowledge about evolution came from Pokémon.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
OK, how about a pig with wings. I've heard the saying, "yeah right, pigs will fly" maybe that or something similar which incorporates two species in the one animal would work a treat
If you could find something like that it would disprove the theory of evolution completely. The real theory of evolution, I mean, not the made-up one you are arguing against.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well we can't provide any facts about a fictitious theory, because the theory don't have any facts to support it so how can we argue against something which doesn't even exist.
If someone presented some evidence, rather than asking me to have faith in some wild unproven theory and find faults with it. I'm convinced that the whole thing only exists in the minds of the believers. I personally wouldn't like to go for a trip inside the minds of those who prop it up as it would be a creepy journey
You can't provide any facts because you
have none.
Many theories do get disproved, as creationists
SO love to mention because they were " fictitious"
and facts ( data ) contrary to the theory disproved them.

One way to test a theory is with predictions.

For ToE a prediction is that human, bird, any mammal
reptile amphibian or tree fossil would be found
in the Cambrian.
Or simpler, no cows with dinosaurs.

No such mix has ever been found.
Find it and ToE is toast.

But I may need to give up trying to educate you.

You STILL don't even know that no theory is ever proven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
If someone presented some evidence
What's the point of asking for evidence when you know you're just going to reject any of it out of hand? In fact, you've already rejected all evidence that could support evolution in advance, since you think it violates your interpretation of the Bible. People here could be pointing to scientific journals for months, and it would be completely pointless. You have no intention of even learning the science in the first place.

So it's really silly for you to ask for evidence, isn't it?

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single

If We Don’t Take a Stand Now’ against Hostility, the Church Could Become ‘Voiceless,’ Pastor Warns​

How did we get on evolution?
Well, as I said before, there are quite a few people in the country who consider certain scientific theories to be part of the perceived assault against Christianity. There are those who consider public schools to be hostile to Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DJWhalen

When God steps in, miracles happen.
Feb 13, 2024
Indianapolis Indiana
✟13,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Well, as I said before, there are quite a few people in the country who consider certain scientific theories to be part of the perceived assault against Christianity. There are those who consider public schools to be hostile to Christians.
Ahhh...ok

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's l not good to claim those who accept evolution
are false christians.
Anti- christian, actually.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Deluded Dawkins, conveniently neglected to mention that his theory is baseless because nobody has ever found one of those transitional fossils. I will give my hose to anyone who ever finds one. I know that nobody will ever find one because they don't exist period

....you are a hoot, you respond to a post explaining why your definition of a transitional fossil is stupid.....saying it's wrong, well no, you don't understand what a transitional fossil is.

Upvote 0

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟216,035.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
But the report made no reference to or mention of this.

Upvote 0

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟216,035.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

If We Don’t Take a Stand Now’ against Hostility, the Church Could Become ‘Voiceless,’ Pastor Warns​

How did we get on evolution?
Perhaps because the numbers of reported 'acts of hostility against churches' is so low as to be insignificant?

To get some perspective, a quick Google search shows that there are very roughly 300,000 churches with buildings. So, very approximately one act of 'hostility' per 1000 churches.

Most of these 'acts of hostility' were vandalism. There is no way of knowing whether church buildings were targeted because they were churches or because they were buildings.

How much vandalism do other similar buildings suffer?

These numbers also seem very low compared with other crime. For example, there 26,031 homicides in 2021 (source: CDC). It seems more likely that a member or someone associated with a church will be murdered than the church to suffer an act of hostility.

To me it would seem that churches suffer remarkably low rates as victims of crime considering the general levels of crime in America. Nor should these types of hostility affect the church's ability or freedom to proclaim the gospel.

When dealing with very small numbers, sharpe rises and falls may not mean very much.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
God said, that mankind became subject to Satan's rule after Adam sinned against God. God gave man over to Satan, because Satan managed to tempt Adam to sin, so Adam and his descendants became the property of Satan. So as sad as it is, the truth according to God is, there's no such thing as free thinkers and nobody has free will.
You say your god gave us over to the evil one because one man did a sort of bad thing. You're not portraying your god in a very good light.
God said, you can only serve God or the Devil. There is no third option to choose, those who think they aren't serving either are automatically serving Satan by default and they don't even know it.
I believe in neither and serve no one.
Thankfully God sent His Son to pay the penalty for sin and redeem those He chose to save before He created the world. Many professing Christians have a problem with the Bible doctrine of predestination and election but true Christians have no problem with anything God does.
The bible has a "predesitination" doctrine? I must have missed that one in church all those years. Do you use one of the alternative bibles?
God killed billions of men women and babies with a world wide flood, human reasoning might say that's cruel and unfair. Christians say it's good and just, because everything God does is perfectly righteous and good.
If there was a global flood (and geology and genetics tell us that there wasn't) it didn't kill billions. There weren't that many people alive at the same time until the 19th century. You portray your god as more bloodthirsty than most do.
God didn't save His elect because we're better or smarter than the non Christians. He never told us why He chose us and left others in their sin. He doesn't have to answer to anyone as there is no higher authority in the universe to give account to.
Elect what? Do you think you are special or something? And here I thought standard Christian doctrine was that all were sinners before your god.
God said that mans wisdom and reasoning is cursed, as it leads to destruction every single time. Everything man does, thinks and says is sinful. That's why Christians need to die to themselves and be born again into Christs body.
We are His bride and as such we obey Him and forsake all else. It may sound paradoxical, but we are free in Christ. He protects us and keeps us from falling prey to Satan. Non Christians have no protection, every single one will be possessed by Him. God created him to be the smartest and strongest of all, so no man or Angel can withstand His power. Only God has full control and power over Him.
You really want your god to hate knowledge and wisdom, don't you? (Seems like projection.)

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
....you are a hoot, you respond to a post explaining why your definition of a transitional fossil is stupid.....saying it's wrong, well no, you don't understand what a transitional fossil is.
Who would want his hose anyway.
I mean, honestly, people in America!!

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You say your god gave us over to the evil one because one man did a sort of bad thing. You're not portraying your god in a very good light.

I believe in neither and serve no one.

The bible has a "predesitination" doctrine? I must have missed that one in church all those years. Do you use one of the alternative bibles?

If there was a global flood (and geology and genetics tell us that there wasn't) it didn't kill billions. There weren't that many people alive at the same time until the 19th century. You portray your god as more bloodthirsty than most do.

Elect what? Do you think you are special or something? And here I thought standard Christian doctrine was that all were sinners before your god.

You really want your god to hate knowledge and wisdom, don't you? (Seems like projection.)
Been a awful lot of that goin' on.
Very unsophisticated.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
THanks I some how managed to block that out, now I"m going to have nightmares tonight ahem :>
Who knows if there's a god or not, or which one it
might be?

Our thinking here, though, about Christianity is very
largely a product of experience with christians.

And that has not exactly all been favorable.

Whether the religion is a cause or effect of such
behaviour as recently observed here I- we- are going
to see them as linked, and want nothing to do with either.

That other Christians do not flock in to denounce it
is unfortunate, and telling.

• Useful
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.