‘I don’t want to die’: 7-year-olds left terrified after Greta Thunberg presentation

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
‘I don’t want to die’: 7-year-olds left terrified after Greta Thunberg presentation

TORONTO, Ontario, Canada, December 19, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) ― Schoolchildren were left in terror for their lives after watching an impassioned speech by teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg.

After returning home from school on October 4, eight-year-old Joylaea Blazevic of Toronto told her mother that they had only eight years left to live. Joylaea and her seven-and-eight-year-old classmates had watched a video of Thunberg’sfamous UN Climate Action Summit speech in the library of Elmbank Junior Middle Academy that day.

Joyalea’s mother, Lejla Blazevic, told Canada’s National Post that the presentation had confused and scared the little girl and her friends.

“She’s like, ‘Mommy, they said that we’re going to die in eight years,’” Blazevic recalled.

“They were terrified with the information.”

Joylaea also told her mother that one of her classmates shouted, “I don’t want to die,” which led to similar cries among the children.

After Greta’s speech, the children were shown a video of a “carbon clock” counting down from eight years: “the estimated amount of time it will take to emit enough carbon to warm the world by 1.5 degrees Celsius, according to the Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change,” the National Post reported.

More at the link. This is an excerpt.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

BarnyFyfe

Deputy Seventh-day Adventist
Dec 20, 2019
Southern
✟10,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Deplorable. That's the word for it. The nuclear threat is actually worse now than it was during the cold war but we're bored with that narrative so now we're telling kids that the world is going to eat them up in 8 years. That's progress.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joyalea’s mother, Lejla Blazevic, told Canada’s National Post that the presentation had confused and scared the little girl and her friends.

The children's reaction shows they didn't do a very good job at explaining.

If all they got was being scared to death, and knowing they will die? If that's all they got out of it?

They were irresponsible in how they presented this, and the introduction and follow up was lousy as well.

Just scaring kids isn't going to help anything. You have to more than that.

I'd be royally ticked off, and in the school office the next morning. Their day at that point wouldn't be so nice, because I would bring crowds of parents with me.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟101,074.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
All I can say is Greta Thunberg is no hero, she reminds me of the verse Matthew 23:2 & Matthew 23:4-5

2The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 4They tie up heavy, burdensome loads and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them. 5All their deeds are done for men to see.

To get her around to places more CO2 has been generated having to fly in experts to sail the yacht she rides. Play the victim on "overcrowded" train and kept silent when she was upgraded to better sits. Yet she done so little to clean up the actual environment.

The only saving grace is her age. I can still chalk up her arrogance to youthful passion while I know it's not.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All I can say is Greta Thunberg is no hero...

She is a tool, another in a long line of the exploitable ignorant thrust into the spotlight in order to promote an agenda. The instant she is no longer useful those using her will cast her aside with what to them is all the other trash.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

TORONTO, Ontario, Canada, December 19, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) ― Schoolchildren were left in terror for their lives after watching an impassioned speech by teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg.

After returning home from school on October 4, eight-year-old Joylaea Blazevic of Toronto told her mother that they had only eight years left to live. Joylaea and her seven-and-eight-year-old classmates had watched a video of Thunberg’sfamous UN Climate Action Summit speech in the library of Elmbank Junior Middle Academy that day.

“She’s like, ‘Mommy, they said that we’re going to die in eight years,’” Blazevic recalled.

Joylaea also told her mother that one of her classmates shouted, “I don’t want to die,” which led to similar cries among the children.

After Greta’s speech, the children were shown a video of a “carbon clock” counting down from eight years: “the estimated amount of time it will take to emit enough carbon to warm the world by 1.5 degrees Celsius, according to the Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change,” the National Post reported.

This seems to be a common view among young people that the world is going to end. But I guess this is how young people think in making a mountain out of a mole hill. Greta also suffers from autism and this can cause someone to see things in black and white terms and extremes sometimes. But I think it is the adults behind young people that are encouraging this thinking and using young people to further their agenda.

No wonder there is a high rate of mental health and suicide among young people. They are being left without hope one way or another. They are told the baby boomers have caused the cost of living to get out of control. Now it is harder to get a job and buy a house and so young people feel what is the use. But I don't think that one generation is responsible. Modern life today is the result of a pathway humans have been going down for some time. I am not sure that anyone could have done things any different.

Some people were upset in the way Greta had blamed the past generation and was making out they had taken young peoples future. In saying how dare people take my future was a sort of blame mentality which I don't think helps. The same progress has brought young people the life they enjoy today with all the tech they enjoy and the medicine and ability to save peoples lives. Unless we go back to living in caves I cannot see how things would be different. Maybe that is what some want.

But I think modern life is causing people especially young people stress and anxiety. Less young people believe in God and society as a whole is moving away from God. So to many this world and this life is all there is. So I guess if the future is painted bad it would cause people to feel despair and worry and that maybe why young people are losing hope and ending their lives in increasing measures. I think things will only get worse as technology takes jobs and relegates more people to be without work and money. If this world is all there is then materialism becomes important and we know that this is not the key to true happiness.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This seems to be a common view among young people that the world is going to end. But I guess this is how young people think in making a mountain out of a mole hill. Greta also suffers from autism and this can cause someone to see things in black and white terms and extremes sometimes. But I think it is the adults behind young people that are encouraging this thinking and using young people to further their agenda.

No wonder there is a high rate of mental health and suicide among young people. They are being left without hope one way or another. They are told the baby boomers have caused the cost of living to get out of control. Now it is harder to get a job and buy a house and so young people feel what is the use. But I don't think that one generation is responsible. Modern life today is the result of a pathway humans have been going down for some time. I am not sure that anyone could have done things any different.

Some people were upset in the way Greta had blamed the past generation and was making out they had taken young peoples future. In saying how dare people take my future was a sort of blame mentality which I don't think helps. The same progress has brought young people the life they enjoy today with all the tech they enjoy and the medicine and ability to save peoples lives. Unless we go back to living in caves I cannot see how things would be different. Maybe that is what some want.

But I think modern life is causing people especially young people stress and anxiety. Less young people believe in God and society as a whole is moving away from God. So to many this world and this life is all there is. So I guess if the future is painted bad it would cause people to feel despair and worry and that maybe why young people are losing hope and ending their lives in increasing measures. I think things will only get worse as technology takes jobs and relegates more people to be without work and money. If this world is all there is then materialism becomes important and we know that this is not the key to true happiness.
A lot of 7 year olds are terrified of going to hell after hearing a pastor or Sunday School teacher tell them about it, too. It's called "learning" and it's a normal part of growing up.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

She should stop scaring the goats and the little children. Goats haven't eaten in two weeks after hearing her little rant.

I tried to explain to them
don't worry and be anxious for nothing
for God has control of the climate
and the moon and the sun and the stars
and supplies us with monies
so as to buy their goat mix.
After hearing that
they went right to their food dish.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums